Favorite Bizarre Uproar?

Started by Fluid Fetish, November 19, 2016, 11:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manhog_84

Pakkosyöttö was a welcomed repress as it's masterpiece of sheer brutality. Maybe for someone who hasn't heard BU before this would be great starting point. Did the original have separated tracks, as the new cds have only one track per disc? Not that it really matters much. For somehow I had completely missed the Likainen ehtoollinen and heard it now for the first time. Excellent album as well. Emphasis is more on the murky and filthy atmosphere.

It is really hard to pick favorites though as others said. There are many different periods and the quality has been very consistent since Mass, also a favorite of mine. For example, I didn't care much about Rape Africa when it came out, but later on it has become one of the most replayed albums. Lily the Flesh is unique and the female vocal samples on A-side sound very disturbing for some reason. Maybe that's closest to ambient approach he has released? Or the first track on Perverse Bizarre Humiliaton with gagging sounds of swallowing piss and shit. Anyway easier to pick albums that don't get so much replay. High Risk Lifestyle and Verikiima somehow felt not that strong as the albums that came before or after that. I love the crisp sounds of the most recent albums. Melting Pot and Cunt Animal are both hypnotic and fierce. Amputated Limbs has probably best sound of the live albums.

Hopefully AMF and 4-raajahalvaus get a proper cd release at some point. Even though the earlier records doesn't represent the same brutality of what BU became famous for, I would get them anyway as I have most of his releases already. I fucking hate tapes and try to avoid buying them (and failing at this), so the recently released Rarities tapes would make a great Hardcore style cd box.

FreakAnimalFinland

Pakkosyöttö has those moments that might be something people would like to skip, and just go into good noise, but artists intention was that album is listened without skippin any unpleasant tracks. Therefore reissue was made in way skipping is not posssible.

There has been talk about 4raajahalvaus for some time, and we did agree it to be done. Just have to see that my 20 year old CDR still works.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Balor/SS1535

Here's to hoping that Lily the Flesh will get a cd reissue at some point as well!

HateSermon

Would absolutely buy a Lily the Flesh reissue. It would be cool if Wrath did something similar with it as they did with the recent Mother fanatic box set... like include the original Lily the Flesh film, live performance from Hardcore dvd, studio recording and other inserts. A guy can dream.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: HateSermon on November 20, 2022, 01:14:04 AM
Would absolutely buy a Lily the Flesh reissue. It would be cool if Wrath did something similar with it as they did with the recent Mother fanatic box set... like include the original Lily the Flesh film, live performance from Hardcore dvd, studio recording and other inserts. A guy can dream.

Yes, a Wrath deluxe version would be even better...  I'll hope with you.

Wrath

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on November 20, 2022, 02:36:40 AM
2xtape boxed set with original plus live tape version and dvdr with updated video will be out next year sometime.

Fistfuck Masonanie

Wow, more than could possibly ask for. Looking forward to it as the LP has always escaped me.

Also, found a distributor to grab the Likainen Ehtoollinen and Pakkosyotto CDs as well as the Psychomania comp tape which I'm super excited to check out.

HateSermon

Excellent news on the Wrath reissue! Psychomania comp is also a must have. Hell of a lineup on that one.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Wrath on November 20, 2022, 03:15:55 AM
2xtape boxed set with original plus live tape version and dvdr with updated video will be out next year sometime.

Seriously?!  Thanks for making my day.  I don't want to jinx anything, but is there a projected release date yet?  I just want to make sure I keep an eye out for it!

Into_The_Void

Cannot really name anyone, I basically like all of its stuff and I put it up when I want some sleazy, nasty harsh noise, never really cared about details or "what is better" because, when the feeling is there, all of its (and this kind of) shit is good, but there are actually some releases I don't really enter in, like for example "Perverse Bizarre Humiliation" or "Likainen Ehtooliinen", nasty electronics but I find them somehow boring, but maybe I've just listened to them in the wrong moment.
https://sabruxa.bandcamp.com/ (Industrial / ambient)

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Into_The_Void on November 20, 2022, 06:32:23 PM
Cannot really name anyone, I basically like all of its stuff and I put it up when I want some sleazy, nasty harsh noise, never really cared about details or "what is better" because, when the feeling is there, all of its (and this kind of) shit is good, but there are actually some releases I don't really enter in, like for example "Perverse Bizarre Humiliation" or "Likainen Ehtooliinen", nasty electronics but I find them somehow boring, but maybe I've just listened to them in the wrong moment.

This is an interesting point.  With the length of time that the project has been around, I am beginning to think of it more as a large-scale artwork rather than a series of individual releases.  Having listened through the Merzbox a few months ago, I was left wondering who, if anyone, would deserve a retrospective release of that magnitute? I think that Bizarre Uproar might be one.

Manhog_84

Quote from: Wrath on November 20, 2022, 03:15:55 AM

Presumably this is not going to be the old Nalle Virolainen film, but a live video from Lily the Flesh performance? The film would be interesting to see but I guess the original creators might not be that fond of it being released.

SoonYouHaveDeafEars

Probably a weird choice but Bizarre Uproar's really early works right after the disbanding of Aunt Mary strikes a chord with me.
I absolutely love the cut up noisecore of Aunt Mary and the works of Bizarre Uproar you see in his early discography are an evolution/devolution of the band itself.
What I dig most from this era is how lofi, cut up and rabid these recordings are; a constant barrage of pissed off drumming mixed with harsh distortion whilst being stitched together on a shoebox/tapedeck is super appealing to me.
My personal favourite recordings from this era is his Antibliss CDr, that album is the most developed I've heard from this harshnoisecore style of his; the mixture of harsh noise with spastic drums and screaming, all the while being smashed up and collaged together sound incredible.
I'd honestly love to see another reissue of his early days in some shape or form, Filth & Violence + Freak Animal has been reissuing a bunch of 2000s BU material lately so I do have some hope.
I am also a big fan of his collabs and splits with Gelsomina/Sick Seed, always quality angry harsh power electronic junk noise (same goes for their BizarreSSMania collab albums).
Que Sera, Sera (Things Go From Bad To Worse)

Manhog_84

4raajahalvaus is now back in circulation and also better than I expected. Probably because the '99 Bastard Noise split is not that hot. That album has a lots of low end rumbles that don't really go anywhere but this is nothing like that. 20min+ BU title track delivers more Mass/FF style greatness! Not sure what is the story behind the mutilated woman in the cover photo, but that picture is also in the awesome Death Scenes book by Feral House.

cr

Right now, I'm listening to Dekadenz.
I remember, I didn't rate it very high, when it was released, but today, I like it very much!
Just every BU record has it's special quality, and depending on my actual mood, it is so great to discover something new every time I listen, that directly speaks to my rotting nerves and corpse.
Yeah, bit of exaggeration here today, but nevermind! Just revel in your own Filth&Violence!