Favorite Bizarre Uproar?

Started by Fluid Fetish, November 19, 2016, 11:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bleed On Me

Last year was totally obsessed with "Pakkosyotto", probably remains my favourite. Hard to describe the harshness of this one, just some fuckin' shit volcano, totally blows you away with a huge tsunami of vomitous filth. The harsh noise mess is appropriately polluted with thrown-in(up) samples of choking, spitting and regurgitating, making sure that the listening experience doesn't leave your ears clean. Filth and Violence in its best captured sound form.

cr

Listened to it a lot in the last months, and the more often I listen, the better it gets: BIZARRE UPROAR "Melting Pot of Cultures"
Such a massive record. Easily my favourite from BU of recent years.

Fistfuck Masonanie

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on November 22, 2016, 10:21:46 PM
BU & Gelsomina - Assisted Self Sterilization CD
Liha-Evankeliumi 3xCD - the nastiest loop / metal abuse I've ever heard. the second CD is supreme.
Purification CD - perfect

These are all incredible, I cannot recommend Liha-Evankeliumi enough to anyone who doesn't have it yet. I would also add the following to my personal favorites:

Unsafe and Insane (*Specifically the un-mastered version on the Hardcore boxset, it's a must)
Fifteen Years Of Filth & Violence - Nazarene - More prime junk metal mayhem done expertly well
Mother One - the whole comp is good, but the first track is probably the best in the series
Likainen Ehtoollinen - lo-fi and filthy, the atmosphere and attitude are perfect

Balor/SS1535

I always liked Lily the Flesh - perfect filthy atmosphere.

HateSermon

The live material is some of my favorite. "Live Humiliation" and "Private Show 2" are frequently in my tape deck. Something about the raw power of the loops and totally maniacal vocals... it's a bummer because I may never see this project live.

As for studio recordings, "Viha and Kiima" and "Purification" are near the top of my list. There remains to be a lot of releases that I haven't heard yet.

Special mention to Vihanmiehet as well. This was a blind buy simply because BU was involved. Hypnotic and harsh drone anthems for a dying world.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: HateSermon on October 15, 2020, 01:59:42 AM
The live material is some of my favorite. "Live Humiliation" and "Private Show 2" are frequently in my tape deck. Something about the raw power of the loops and totally maniacal vocals... it's a bummer because I may never see this project live.

I agree.  His contributions (both the live performance and the rehearsal recording) to the "Filth, Rubber, Hatred, and Abuse" live album are superb.  He is a true master of creating atmosphere that few have been able to fully match.

I will probably never see him live either, so it's a shame that he deleted the F&V youtube channel with the awesome live performance of Bizarre Uproar (and Snuff) on it.  Hopefully those will be made available one day (I think some might already be, actually).

urall

Saw BU 3 years ago, although sonically it was great - everyone was kinda let down because the lack of filth :D

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: urall on October 15, 2020, 04:03:57 PM
Saw BU 3 years ago, although sonically it was great - everyone was kinda let down because the lack of filth :D

What did he do, or rather what did he not do?

urall

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on October 15, 2020, 08:15:07 PM

performance wise this was as wild as it got
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3jfwhfj_90

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: urall on October 15, 2020, 11:48:55 PM
Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on October 15, 2020, 08:15:07 PM

performance wise this was as wild as it got
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3jfwhfj_90

Still, those are some amazing bass tones.  I think I read about this performance in an interview, where he said that he played in almost total darkness.  I guess that presentation is interesting, as he sort of seems similar to someone who, like Clive Barker, prefers to show - to have the audience see everything in detail.  Then again, he also appears to recognize that there is more than meets the eye in some of his other work (XE especially).

anomalie

Vihameditaatio, Amputaatio & Sikiöasento

I like a lot.

What do you guys think about the newer ones like:
Dekadenz
High Risk Lifestyle
Verikiima
Indoctrination Of Fist & Cock
Melting Pot Of Cultures
Cunt Animal

Which to pick up next?

aivosumu

Cunt Animal is very good. Two long tracks, kind of hypnotic atmosphere but also very harsh. Especially liking the looping feedback bit / riff in the second track (this can also be heard in the trailer video). Overall I'm not so much into the more droning / bassy works, favourites are 2000s harsh releases like Purification, Unsafe And Insane etc. Stoked for upcoming Pakkosyöttö 2xCD reissue!!

Krigsverk

I only own a handful BU releases, but I keep coming back to "Indoctrination of fist & cock"; it has great tension and dynamics. Feels like something bad/loud is going to happen at any moment.. and it does. Tension is the word. 

FreakAnimalFinland

I think Bizarre Uproar is in many ways been one of those who can change, and remain good. For artists who's been around since 92, just couple years silence in few first years of 00's, but otherwise always something going on. In recent times, pressing vinyl is so slow, and BU focused almost exclusively on doing full albums, that generally next album has been complete before the "new" one comes from press. Cunt Animal was done before Melting Pot.. came out, and when Cunt Animal came from pressing, the 2023 album master was already in my hands, hah... It is strong material, and like approach of band does, it slowly mutates into something new, always bringing something new into sound. While a lot of veterans of more brutal stuff seem to be struggling with lame sounding gadgets and quite dull production values, in my ears Bizarre Uproar always ruled. Some prefer the ripping all-at-max digital recording era, some the lo-fi portable tape recorder era, some the bleak snotty, but I know plenty of prefer the current sound where a lot of care and tweaking is involved in getting that crystalline clarity, where the nuance of metal objects and subtle Sherman filter tweaks and such and be heard. Endless hours of tweaking loops to work together the ideal way, that artists himself can sit down and listen endlessly how phase of loops slowly evolves. I have a feeling that next album is even better than two former album was, which is something I always felt. It is great to see & hear artist not wanting to re-do what would be easy way to satisfy old fans, but always move on a bit.. and most likely if someone doesn't like new, there will be new guys who like this but don't care much for the lo-fi rumble or screams, junks and stutter loops era.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 01, 2022, 09:01:16 AM
I think Bizarre Uproar is in many ways been one of those who can change, and remain good. For artists who's been around since 92, just couple years silence in few first years of 00's, but otherwise always something going on. In recent times, pressing vinyl is so slow, and BU focused almost exclusively on doing full albums, that generally next album has been complete before the "new" one comes from press. Cunt Animal was done before Melting Pot.. came out, and when Cunt Animal came from pressing, the 2023 album master was already in my hands, hah... It is strong material, and like approach of band does, it slowly mutates into something new, always bringing something new into sound. While a lot of veterans of more brutal stuff seem to be struggling with lame sounding gadgets and quite dull production values, in my ears Bizarre Uproar always ruled. Some prefer the ripping all-at-max digital recording era, some the lo-fi portable tape recorder era, some the bleak snotty, but I know plenty of prefer the current sound where a lot of care and tweaking is involved in getting that crystalline clarity, where the nuance of metal objects and subtle Sherman filter tweaks and such and be heard. Endless hours of tweaking loops to work together the ideal way, that artists himself can sit down and listen endlessly how phase of loops slowly evolves. I have a feeling that next album is even better than two former album was, which is something I always felt. It is great to see & hear artist not wanting to re-do what would be easy way to satisfy old fans, but always move on a bit.. and most likely if someone doesn't like new, there will be new guys who like this but don't care much for the lo-fi rumble or screams, junks and stutter loops era.

With the trajectory that he seems to have taken as his project evolves, I found myself thinking yesterday that it would be really interesting to hear Bizarre Uproar's take on ambient music of some sort.