RRRecords - Recycled tapes

Started by cr, November 18, 2016, 10:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr

Only got maybe 15 tapes out of these series. Just received some directly from Ron. Postage to Europe was horrible. But so far, I can say it was worth it, they are great. Just listened to FFH and Skin Graft and now for the second time, Eugenics Council.   

I think it's great idea overall.
So what's your favourite Recycled Tapes and how do you think about the concept, if at all?

magnus

F_c_O

gerogerigegege is the best in the series.

pentd

got a Runzelstirn & Gurgelstock thing which is recycled on such a crapp tape that it's quite a chore to listen to, argh... Kazumoto Endo tape is great, Haare tape is, well, "classic" haare mud. don't have more than those...

a_2_g_2

Quote from: F_c_O on November 18, 2016, 11:51:24 PM
Isnt it just some Cambodian pop music?

Mieczko K.

Somehow, the Recycled VOMIR tape is my favourite VOMIR release. I also love the ones from Brume & L'Autopsie A Révélé Que La Mort Était Due A L'Autopsie.
To do a bit of self-promotion, I'm still really proud of the Recycled Trou tape.

Some other nice tapes I own : Goat93, Rat with Wings, Baal, Haare, Doc Wör Mirran & Destroyed Music.

Not a huge fan of Con-Dom & Content Nullity. They did way better stuff.

That reminds me I need to order a new batch one day, I'll keep an eye on that discussion !

F_c_O

Quote from: a_2_g_2 on November 19, 2016, 06:17:15 AM
yes

Okay, to make this more than another shitpost, I have some recycled tapes. Saddly, I dont own as many as I would want to because money is a reality of life. The few I have I enjoy but then they cut out and you start hearing sounds of cars and someone walking around a room. I am not entirely sure if this is part of the tape or if ron just recorded something at the end because the tapes were too long compared to the material that was sent in by the artists. I am leaning on that theory but I would like to hear some kind of confirmation on this, hehe.

NO PART OF IT

I have probably close to 50 of these suckers.

Favorites are:  

De Fabriek
Death Factory
Nmperign
Aaron Dilloway
Andrew Kirschner
Zone Nord
Headboggle
Xper.Xr
Clang Quartet
R & G
Sudden Infant (although my tape is too short)
Smell & Quim
Con-Dom
Burning Star Core
Haare
Buddhist on Fire (recommended)
Developer
Reynols
Relay for Death
Sterile Garden
Mike Shiflet
Wolf Eyes
Wilt (rare harsh noise from WILT)
Ataraxic Ataxia

I played recycled tapes for 6 hours on the radio before:
http://posterityplaylists.blogspot.com/2014/02/rrrecycled-5-hours.html
A caterpillar that goes around trying to rip the wings off of butterflies is not a more dominant caterpillar, just a caterpillar that is looking for a bigger caterpillar to crush him.  Some caterpillars are mad that they will never grow to be butterflies.

https://www.nopartofit.bandcamp.com

cr

Was just looking through my shelves and noticed that I had an exaggerated imagination about the number of my tapes. Not 15, just 10. Seems I'm getting old ;)

Masonna
Hal Hutchinson
The Rita
Eugenics Council
FFH
Skin Graft
Con-Dom
Grunt
Prurient
Taint

Steve

I've only got a handful, but they are all excellent :

Neil Campbell.
Duncan Harrison.
Smell & Quim.
Textured Bird Transmission.

Should get some more really.
Is anyone familiar with Hyster Tapes of Helsinki? Great sounds on recycled tapes.

Mieczko K.

Quote from: F_c_O on November 19, 2016, 09:22:11 AM
yes

Okay, to make this more than another shitpost, I have some recycled tapes. Saddly, I dont own as many as I would want to because money is a reality of life. The few I have I enjoy but then they cut out and you start hearing sounds of cars and someone walking around a room. I am not entirely sure if this is part of the tape or if ron just recorded something at the end because the tapes were too long compared to the material that was sent in by the artists. I am leaning on that theory but I would like to hear some kind of confirmation on this, hehe.

Bad sound, but never heard anything else than the noise on the tape, nothing related to the previous content.

Quote from: NO PART OF IT on November 19, 2016, 09:42:54 AM
I played recycled tapes for 6 hours on the radio before:
http://posterityplaylists.blogspot.com/2014/02/rrrecycled-5-hours.html

Awesome, no I know what I'll listen next week at work.

pentd

Quote from: Steve on November 19, 2016, 03:21:17 PM
nyone familiar with Hyster Tapes of Helsinki? Great sounds on recycled tapes.

here, catch: http://www.pcuf.fi/~plaa/hyster.html
varropas (?lo-fi "jam band?) + keijo (?broken blues?)  stuff is recommended 

now back to topic!

chume

Deadpriest

I love the concept too, really cool to own, the Merzbow, Taint, Grunt and Kazumoto Endo ones are killer.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

F_c_O

Quote from: Mieczko K. on November 19, 2016, 03:34:52 PM
Quote from: F_c_O on November 19, 2016, 09:22:11 AM
yes

Bad sound, but never heard anything else than the noise on the tape, nothing related to the previous content.
For me, the noise stops but the tape continues. I figured it might be that when using recycled tapes, you cant dictate the tapes lenght and its just something to fill out the end of the tape if the tape is longer than the noise.