UNITED FORCES OF INDUSTRIAL IV - 28/4 + 29/4/17

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, November 14, 2016, 03:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALTMONOPOL

We could do a night where only people with an Unrest hoodie can get in. But before that:

The bill is complete but there are DJ's to announce. Change from previous years with the addition of NIHIL, IFOTS and DJ TRAIL while we welcome back CPFA for a fourth consecutive year.

Tickets keep disappearing, especially for the Saturday and we urge those who intend on attending to book them now.

The exact running order with times will be announced soon.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

GEWALTMONOPOL

SHIFT - TRTAATWTFFMB  https://soundcloud.com/unrest-productions/shift-trtaatwtffmb

UNCODIFIED - Cipher Stroke  https://soundcloud.com/unrest-productions/uncodified-cipher-stroke

All titles will be available at UFoI IV.

Tickets for Saturday are down to the teens now!

Duncan

Will be in attendance on sat. Should be great.

GEWALTMONOPOL

Good man!

Less than 10 tickets left for Saturday now.

david lloyd jones

returning home after first night.
managed to miss most of ke-hil by talking to one of the kevlar Marcins in nearby pub.
never appreciated ke-hil in three years of hearing, so not too disappointed (i do like to listen to all bands, regardless )
edge of decay gave a great, speaker straining performance (a more knowledgeable type said, less input and more output would have solved all the crackle from the speakers. the will it, won't it blow the speakers risk added something for me.
enjoyed armour group's basic rough pe set, vocals bit low in mix though, but aussie visuals ok.
the shift/koufar collab was a great sound let down by problems with mics, adversity overcome though, much to crowd enjoyment.
kevlar gave a new set and new visuals, based i believe on polish independence from soviet rule and a new nationalism.
great end to first night.

absurdexposition

Been watching some clips on Instagram from the Koufar boys. Kevlar set looked menacing.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Urban Noise

Hope to see some pictures and videos here...
New Approach Records
www.nghproductions.limitedrun.com
www.newapproachrecords.wordpress.com
www.nekrogoatheresyproductions.wordpress.com

david lloyd jones

second night.
military position start proceedings with old style industrial, reminding me of sleep chamber/master slave relationship (later, when i check their cassette there is a sleep chamber cover. am easily pleased regards visuals and so vidoes of aussie criminals do fine.. speaking to performer later, i remember issues of violence to and by women  as  themes.
second act, second female performer. she spread sorrow started quietly but once martin shift shouted for people to shut up, the set really engaged and was powerful without resort to usual tropes.
isomer were third up and enjoyable.
haare performed fourth-was out of the room and heard through the doors so can't comment- talking to people is equally part of these events.
finally genocide organ played. real crowd pleasing set. do what it says on the tin.

whole event well run, well attended and well enjoyed.
thanks to martin and crew for their hard work, again.

bsquires

It was indeed a great couple of nights. Excellent performances, sound and atmosphere. Many, many thanks to Martin, Tamon and all the artists and DJs who took part. Special kudos to DJ IFOTS and his dose of Chris Isaak after the pummelling from Genocide Organ...

SiClark

Great range of acts. Kevlar set was the best I've seen of them. Looking forward to listening to their new cd when I get home.

Pleasure to meet and see the three Australian artists, Haare was a real surprise for me, sadly hadn't heard much of their material before but absolutely loved their psychedelic noise.

First time seeing Genocide Organ and I thought they were great, they really got the crowd worked up. And yes, dj IFOTS expertly calmed the crowd down with Chris Isaak:)

Massive thank you to Martin and Tamon and all the sound people and organisers, all ran very smoothly. And added strangeness of having a wedding reception next door with mirrored windows so we could see them but they couldn't see us.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Si Clark on April 30, 2017, 06:31:59 PM
Great range of acts. Kevlar set was the best I've seen of them. Looking forward to listening to their new cd when I get home.

Pleasure to meet and see the three Australian artists, Haare was a real surprise for me, sadly hadn't heard much of their material before but absolutely loved their psychedelic noise.

First time seeing Genocide Organ and I thought they were great, they really got the crowd worked up. And yes, dj IFOTS expertly calmed the crowd down with Chris Isaak:)

Massive thank you to Martin and Tamon and all the sound people and organisers, all ran very smoothly. And added strangeness of having a wedding reception next door with mirrored windows so we could see them but they couldn't see us.

aah, wedding reception. that's what it was!

Jack

Great event, very much appreciated the opportunity to attend.

Armour Group & Kevlar were my favourites on the Friday, Military Position & Genocide Organ on the Saturday.

Some pretty tasty action in the crowd once G.O kicked into WPF also....

Haare

What a great festival that was! Personal highlights for me were Isomer and G.O.
Also, probably the best gig we (Haare) have ever played. Having a good, big PA & a great soundguy makes a difference! Everything was really well organized and I still find it hard to believe that everyone was just so goddamn NICE!!!

J_D_H

Great weekend, expertly organised as usual.  Ke/Hil kicked things off more or less as I expected, cold and clinical industrial with cooly delivered vocals. Worked very well for me, although got possibly the most mixed response of the weekend - some folk seemed to think it was pretty by the book and were underwhelmed, others were raving about it.  Edge of Decay's set seemed like it could collapse at any given moment. Brutish Finnish approach to noise, violent metal bashing of first part of set was particularly enjoyable. Armour Group suffered from a lack of volume and vocals could also have been stronger for me. Koufar/Shift collab was ultimately satisfying after initial technical difficulties were overcome. Rhythmic elements of final track (from collab tape I think...) worked very well. Kevlar delivered possibly their finest set to date and continue to refine what they do. Threatening atmosphere, confrontational lyrics and backing video. Great mix of occasionally more subdued droning elements before heavier moments recommenced - pretty anthemic in places and the sound was incredible.

Second night - Military Position kicked things off in style. Dominatrix style get up, strong rhythmic elements and great presence on stage, what's not to like?! None of the volume problems that marred Armour Group's set here. She Spread Sorrow delivered a really accomplished set - very detailed sound and whispered vocals all building into a pretty intense climax. Quality. Took me some time to adjust to Haare - droning guitar and plenty of bell/gong sounds - but did not disappoint and offered a refreshing change in atmosphere. Isomer didn't do much for me, caught some air at this point. Was clear from opening moments of Beyond Hypocrisy that GO were not going to disappoint. Great mix of old classics and tracks from the last LP. Powerful stuff and a fitting end to an excellent festival. Hopefully there will be a UFOI V next year!

GEWALTMONOPOL

Plenty of clips here and there. This one from Kevlar needs no words to heighten the quality of their performance. Anyone visiting the Tesco 30 bash in October has something to look forward to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F8IlNzvYCA&feature=youtu.be