ebay: LUSTFAUST: A FOLK ANTHOLOGY Jamie Sholvin

Started by ChromePeelerRec, October 21, 2016, 12:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChromePeelerRec

The auction is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUSTFAUST-A-FOLK-ANTHOLOGY-Jamie-Sholvin-sonic-youth-rare-oop-neubauten-kraut-/291917416728?hash=item43f7a24918:g:~XEAAOSwo4pYCOd-

LUSTFAUST was a made up late-70s experimental noise-rock outfit, the invention of a British conceptual artist named Jamie Shovlin, for his artshow LUSTFAUST: A FOLK ANTHOLOGY 1976-1981 at Freight & Volume in NYC in 2006. The auction is for the out-of-print catalog which tells the band's history, discography and show flyers PLUS the limited edition LUSTFAUST pin. Both items have been stored in a SMOKE FREE environment.

About the "band":
Lustfaust was an experimental noise band active in West Berlin during the late seventies and early 1980s composed of a group of session musicians. Featuring a Japanese jazz drummer, Matsushita 'Bobby' Kazuki, a Belgian guitarist/multi-instrumentalist, Guido van Baelen, a German bassist, Hans Berger, and the California- born, German/American Peter Kruger, the band was a curiously international mixture, initially formed through a mutual distaste for the inoffensive music that it was for the most part their job to produce. Their combination of an aggressive on-stage presence, instrumentation through found objects such as cement mixers and pneumatic drills, and the use of an anti-capitalist community-based model of distribution (if you sent the band a blank cassette, they would return it with their latest release) spawned the Dadaist Geniale Dilettanten movement of the early 1980s and pioneered the burgeoning cassette culture of the late seventies.

Proceeds of this auction go towards funding future releases on Chrome Peeler Records.
www.twitter.com/chromepeeler
www.chromepeelerrecords.bandcamp.com (digital)

david lloyd jones

wow,
an actual interesting feature in this section.
potty I am too bankrupt to join in.
message to solvents-get involved on a real, important event.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: theotherjohn on October 24, 2016, 09:08:38 PM
Shovlin's done some interesting artwork over the years that's toyed with revisionism and counter/outsider culture. I first became aware of his work when some Fine Art students in the year below me at uni helped him out with a retrospective exhibition at a local history/arts museum (I fondly remember a looped video of a Lustfaust "reunion" concert being on display, which was originally filmed at the Haunch of Venison gallery). I still need to see the recent feature film he made that Cornerhouse produced about a supposedly long lost exploitation film called Hiker Meat.
'Hiker meat' rings some kind of bell, whether  as a real film or fiction.
fucking weird, either way.

david lloyd jones

Shovlin's done some interesting artwork over the years that's toyed with revisionism and counter/outsider culture. I first became aware of his work when some Fine Art students in the year below me at uni helped him out with a retrospective exhibition at a local history/arts museum (I fondly remember a looped video of a Lustfaust "reunion" concert being on display, which was originally filmed at the Haunch of Venison gallery). I still need to see the recent feature film he made that Cornerhouse produced about a supposedly long lost exploitation film called Hiker Meat.

was interested enough to Google this and from stills, I'm sure I saw this in some Horton gallery.
will have to see if I picked up any literature

david lloyd jones

Quote from: david lloyd jones on November 07, 2016, 03:13:10 PM

was interested enough to Google this and from stills, I'm sure I saw this in some Horton gallery.
will have to see if I picked up any literature
anybody want the exhib note, let me know-will send to you