Die Form

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, December 25, 2009, 07:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

I think I have asked before... but recommendations?

Die Form - Archives & Doküments 3xLP any good? 1988 re-issue of older works with book. His photo works are pretty good, but not been very big fan of later days music.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ConcreteMascara

I used to listen to them back in the late '90s but I wouldn't recommend any of that stuff now. Pretty heavy on the cheese.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

GEWALTMONOPOL

That's the only one I have and haven't heard it in years. From what I remember it's mid period style. Dancey EMB-ish with a tint of dark ambient maybe a slight goth atmosphere to it. Probably not what you're looking for.

I'll revisit it and get back to you.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

P-K

the 3lp (some ebm and poppy stuff but not tacky, also lots industrial, cut-ups & other weirdness) box and the old cassettes (i have some Bain Total's, pretty amazing stuff) are the most interesting, VERY interesting even but not noise or pe, talking about oldschool industrial electronics.....old Severed Heads, Portion Control, that kinda stuff........split lp with Asmus Tietschens is also interesting, Some Experience's lp also nice, hard lofi ebm-lika a side, weird noisy experimental b-side

thing to watch for : VOD's Die Form/Bain Total box....

from the 90ies on, it's GOTH/ebm history  :-)

Steve

That 3LP box is the only thing I got too. Picked up for pennies when the Red Rhino Record shop in York was closing down (1991). It is so poor I have never bothered listening to other stuff. I know there was a late 70's (??) compilation LP on Bain Total with Clock DVA that a friend used to rave about but I never saw a copy.....
Earlier this month I was in Lille with Stephane of Nuit Et Broulliard and he has complete Die Form collection. Apparently now they are 100% disco group.
I now have that song that goes "Sex With A Dog / Sex With A Pig" stuck in my head!

FreakAnimalFinland

My most valued Die Form thing is just art book on Artware. I bought it when it came out, without even that much knowledge what band was about. Had read their interviews in Secret and.. was it <<O>> fetish magazines. Those used to feature also Master/Slave Relationship. I wonder if they would still today cover any experiemental music with s/m themes?

catharticprocess

The earlier you get in the 80's the better.  "Some Experiences with Shock" and "Die Puppe II" are both easy to find and very good.  Of the later material, I think Die Form is the best EBM out there - very thoughtfully composed and constructed songs and albums.  The included artwork is good.  I like that the recent material is merging the human form with other organic objects - a stark contrast to the cyborg imagery preferred by others in that genre.  I think Die Form is the rhythmic industrial equivalent of Georges Bataille.

I've already got my copies of the VOD box (forthcoming) preordered from my distributor.  Can't wait to see that - I'm willing to bet that's the best packaged VOD box yet.

GEWALTMONOPOL

QuoteArchives & Doküments

I dug it out this morning and played the first half of the first CD in the car to work. It's the CD version I have, not the LP. If there are any differences other than the obvious ones please enlighten me. Anyway. Better than I expected. It is, just as I remembered, mid period EBM-ish style with the odd almost neoclassic touch to it. Add factory preset DX7 sounds to that. Normally I would hate this but for whatever reason I think it works and has stood the test of time surprisingly well. It's considerably better than the techno tinged shite that came later. This is from my perspective of course. I hail from the EBM/synth scene so I'm naturally inclined to like stuff like this but I doubt many other people here will.

Also, this reminds me of CHRIS & COSEY which is not a bad thing.

Steve

I found a box upstairs of stuff that ( a few years back) I was going to flog on E Bay and didn't want in my collection. Verde. AMK, Cedric Lerouley to name a few....and 2 Die Form vinyl LP's I had forgotten all about. "Corpus Delicti" on transparent vinyl + "Photogrammes" with a 7", going to have to give them a play now. I'm not on EBay anymore.....

P-K

Quote from: TheGreatEcstasy on December 29, 2009, 04:13:34 PMI hail from the EBM/synth scene so I'm naturally inclined to like stuff like this but I doubt many other people here will.

you're wrong,

we should talk EBM  ;-)

FreakAnimalFinland

placed order to VOD for  Die Form (& related) vinyl box. Being oldest and rarest tapes, I guess this is closer what I'm looking for.

Die Form aesthetic is nice. It was mentioned here before. But one can always underline the different what is with old fetish art, old photography, old methods, and skills.  As opposed to... well, think of noise with Suicidal Girls aesthetic. Possibly worth to merely puke.
I think I need to browse through The Visionary Garden when I get back home... Just placed it ready, sticking out of shelves.

P-K

yeah, the photography was really great ...but getting more & more digital (ansd smooth)these days....i like the multilayered stuff, textured almost chemically decayed old style he did. looked vintage....

not to forget his Elektrode side-project....great artwork my Eugene Plan:

cd's also very good, like-Die Form, but much more machine-like, instrumental.....

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: P-K on December 30, 2009, 11:57:35 AM
Quote from: TheGreatEcstasy on December 29, 2009, 04:13:34 PMI hail from the EBM/synth scene so I'm naturally inclined to like stuff like this but I doubt many other people here will.

you're wrong,

we should talk EBM  ;-)

You're Belgian, of course you love EBM.

I read an interview with Fichot in a Swedish EBM zine in the early 90's where he talked about his photography saying his models where mainly students which was hit and miss but every now and then the stereoptypical bored housewife would show up and that's where the most interesting results were achieved.

Strömkarlen

I have a CD with a side project from Die Form called UKIYO. It is a collaboration between Aube and Die Form. I remember it as pretty good. I never see anybody talking about it and I remember it as pretty good. I have to listen it tonight.

trashritual

Archives & Doküments 1 was the only release I was really able to stomach but never dug too deep. Earliest tapes seem the most prized and sought after while everything after the release mentioned seems to be in "different" tastes. Collection of tapes is quite small as 2nd hand value is quite expensive. Favorite release of Bain Total label is still "Sex & Bestiality" massive 4 tape compilation.