Ideal P.E. Vocals

Started by a_2_g_2, September 26, 2016, 03:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a_2_g_2

I'm curious to know what is everybody's favorite "style" of vocals in power electronics is

Dirty distorted vocals like some early prurient

"synth-y" type vocals like Genocide organ

Vocals covered in delay effects like Anenzephalia

Or even vocals that sound there's no effects whatsoever like Brethren

I'm sure there are plenty of other styles, which should be posted and discussed..
So, any favorites? Any type of vocal that you absolutely hate?
Of course the kind of noise totally affects the vocals behind it, but personally I like a the "synth-y" type mentioned above.

ritualabuser

I think the absolute pinnacle of PE vox is Pasi's work in his various projects, absolutely savage. The "bubbling" vocals in a lot of Con-Dom work are great, too.

BlackHole

I like vocals to be harsh, buried, and drenched in affects. Control is a good example. Bizarre Uproar's "Vihameditaatio" & "Amputaatio" are other fine examples.

I also like violent and in your face vocals, best exemplified on Deathpile's "G.R." LP. Brethren is a good example of this as well.

Roger's vocals in BDN are also great. So demented and deranged sounding. My favorite vocal performances by Roger are on the tracks "No Tomorrow" from the Innerwar LP and "Humans" from the Very Little Fun box set.

F_c_O

I don't know what I would count as perfect but I know what I dislike greatly and that is vocals filtered through (too many) effects. I can enjoy some tasteful reverb/echo but when you go with shit phaser and flanger and shit turns all bubbly and sounds more like a fucking fish tank than vocals they just lose all power to me. This is a thing that diminishes some con-dom tracks a lot for me, for example. I know mike can do amazing vocals when theyre not filtered through effects but when he uses effects on them its just. . .Fuck that, why does he have to basically ruin his voice cause in the end, the clean vocals he does are so powerful? This is basically same thing with everyone who uses a lot of effects on vocals. Good thing that some people enjoy them, though.

Kim V

To me the way Human Larvae does his vocals is the absolute best. Grunt too.
you're just a victim of yourself

tiny_tove

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Dr Alex

Michael Nine (Death Squad, MK9)
Mike Dando (Con-Dom)
Kevin Tomkins (Sutcliffe Jügend)
Marco Corbelli (Atrax Morgue)
William Bennet and Philip Best (Whitehouse)
David Rodgers (Brethren, Organized Resistance)
Martin Bladh (IRM, Skin Area)
Leonardas Marozas (Pogrom, Budrūs)

I like a lot projects with vocals buried in mix but I prefer louder vocals, not just "vocal as another instrument".

cutter

I have a few favorites:

Without much effects but screamed like in "Black Flag" from Grunt
Normal speech also without much fx in example "Nevada Lights" from FFH
And I absolutely adore female vocals which sounds like commands i can say, just like on the "Purification" cassette from Bizzare Uproar

Scat-O-Logy

BU Pasi vox are the ultimate but I also worship Levas' brute force delivery. Also have to mention manic/frantic/creepy old man style of Taint/Strict.

Can't forget the classic Final Solution/Whitehouse style. The early Ramleh PE vox were great and rather unique.

Bladh's vocals are more atmospheric and fits perfectly to his projects.

cantle

Delay- the Grey Wolves/ Con Dom live CD from Heavy Electronics II style

a_2_g_2

Quote from: BlackHole on September 26, 2016, 06:40:33 AM
I like vocals to be harsh, buried, and drenched in affects. Control is a good example. Bizarre Uproar's "Vihameditaatio" & "Amputaatio" are other fine examples.

I also like violent and in your face vocals, best exemplified on Deathpile's "G.R." LP. Brethren is a good example of this as well.

Roger's vocals in BDN are also great. So demented and deranged sounding. My favorite vocal performances by Roger are on the tracks "No Tomorrow" from the Innerwar LP and "Humans" from the Very Little Fun box set.
Never realized how much Brethren's vocals were similar to Deathpile. Only reason I mentioned Brethren in my op was because I was listening to him recently

Quote from: ritualabuser on September 26, 2016, 05:48:17 AM
I think the absolute pinnacle of PE vox is Pasi's
Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on September 27, 2016, 01:46:45 AM
BU Pasi vox are the ultimate
I too have always loved BU's vocals, especially in a live setting like so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtE0mXF3A4Q

yosef666

Whitehouse 's "Wriggle Like an Eel" has some of my favorite vocals ever.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

david lloyd jones

Quote from: yosef666 on September 27, 2016, 11:44:12 AM

yes, I do like this, but to me this is comedy, like two uncles who have been slipped some ecstasy at a wedding reception by the grooms brother- live shows of this time exemplify this for me.

tiny_tove

Quote from: yosef666 on September 27, 2016, 11:44:12 AM

agreed!
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

david lloyd jones

mostly enjoy vocals as they come, but don't like preachy vocals, brethren, that Zionist project whose name I can't remember, crass etc