OI!-RAC MUSIC

Started by ANDROPHILIA, September 20, 2016, 01:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: AXNAAR on September 20, 2016, 11:41:15 PM
Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on September 20, 2016, 10:33:26 PM
It is very charming also the graphic style of many releases , rude ans "illegal publication" mood.

Worth noting that Nicky Crane was responsible for a lot of the best art of the 80's including Skrewdriver - Hail the New Dawn and No Remorse - This Time the World to name just two - pretty sure he did most Skrewdriver covers until his Channel 4 appearance.

this great artwork come from Crane  right?
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Zodiac

It is very charming also the graphic style of many releases , rude ans "illegal publication" mood.

I am all in for this kind of covers. I just like it. Fits this period in time imho.
Remember, remember... december.

AXNAAR

Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on September 21, 2016, 01:13:19 AM
Quote from: AXNAAR on September 20, 2016, 11:41:15 PM

Worth noting that Nicky Crane was responsible for a lot of the best art of the 80's including Skrewdriver - Hail the New Dawn and No Remorse - This Time the World to name just two - pretty sure he did most Skrewdriver covers until his Channel 4 appearance.

this great artwork come from Crane  right?

Aye, a great work!

Some favourite covers. Similar charm as 80's private press metal LP's.

ANDROPHILIA

sober 7" of No Remorse from Rebelles Européens

probably the best RAC label of the golden age
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: tiny_tove on September 20, 2016, 05:59:30 PM

today I listen mostly to Japanese SSS bands

about Japan i know only Sladgehammer but i think i need to explore this scene

out of the tipical Europe-Usa area there is a nice Chilean band Orgullo Sur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2uPsbvH6vM
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

david lloyd jones

from what I have heard, admittedly limited, this sounds like bad pub rock to me on the whole, just like the original screwdriver lp.

AXNAAR

Quote from: david lloyd jones on September 21, 2016, 07:27:42 PM
from what I have heard, admittedly limited, this sounds like bad pub rock to me on the whole, just like the original screwdriver lp.
Ah! There's no hope for you mate!
Listen to
Vengeance - forward into war
Skrewdriver 1983 demo
Squadron - our time will come
No remorse - this time the world

tiny_tove

Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on September 21, 2016, 07:16:39 PM
Quote from: tiny_tove on September 20, 2016, 05:59:30 PM

today I listen mostly to Japanese SSS bands

about Japan i know only Sladgehammer but i think i need to explore this scene

jin ray
ouka
r.i.p.
hawks
bad vultures
aggro knuckle
cannons
strong style (my personal faves)
bulldog herucles
kokoro
raya
hawks
bull the buffalo
early Eastern Youth (now they rule for other reasons...)
and there are hundreds moe

start with the two samplers  "fight back for the rising sun" and "werewolves"
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Ashmonger

Not exactly an expert in these genres, but there's some stuff that hasn't been mentioned yet, which I quite like.
Tors Vrede - Ave Victoria is great, though it's a mix of RAC/Viking Rock and some Metal thrown in.
English Rose has great tracks too, though some are less interesting. Belgian Kill Baby Kill is great of course. Really liked Hate Society too, very catchy, hilarious lyrics at times. Final War - We Speak The Truth is great too, sounds more like punk rock actually, but very catchy and some great sing along stuff (Remember Pearl Harbor!!!). Race War - The White Race Will Prevail is very good too.

Grübelschlinge

100% quality. Heavy rotation here since months.

HongKongGoolagong

A great part of the charm with the '80s RAC for me was the very socially marginalised and obsessive nature of the product, as well as the sheer amateurishness of the finished albums. Hail The New Dawn by Skrewdriver is very poor music, playing and production by any standards, and is so worried about its potentially illegal thoughts that it becomes heavily self-censored and paranoiac - the last track on the LP wants to say 'once it was our country, now it's run by Jews' but he just cannot bring himself to say it and 'now it's run by who?' is all he can utter. I live in the same town that ISD grew up in, know and drink with people he grew up with, know a lot about his unfortunate family background. Records like this and the equally charming Blood & Honour are really some kind of outsider art. Incredible sleeve art posted in this thread. I personally look for and often find and enjoy the mental illness, the loss and sadness, the sense of self-fulfilling failure and defeat in this material but that's just my own kink.

I enjoyed the Feral House book but the style was rather obsessive and anal retentive to say the least - those endless footnotes.

I wouldn't class Oi! with RAC at all, very different genres. I like the classic 4 Skins, Business and Last Resort material, the first two Cockney Rejects albums are transcendentally beautiful and truly great music, and you can't really go wrong with the often bizarre hotch potch of styles and mixed political messages featured on the first three classic Bushell compilations (Oi The Album, Strength Thru Oi, Carry On Oi).

tiny_tove

Quote from: HongKongGoolagong on September 23, 2016, 03:07:13 AM
I wouldn't class Oi! with RAC at all, very different genres. I like the classic 4 Skins, Business and Last Resort material, the first two Cockney Rejects albums are transcendentally beautiful and truly great music, and you can't really go wrong with the often bizarre hotch potch of styles and mixed political messages featured on the first three classic Bushell compilations (Oi The Album, Strength Thru Oi, Carry On Oi).

agreed in general, but in Italy first 15 years of rac was oi with nationalist lyrics. same goes with France I suppose.
but as said I agree with the separation of genres despite the obvious links

regarding social outcasts... everybody should watch the 100% white documentary... another doc where I have stolen hours of samples for memories from the pigsty
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)