8PM
£5

MK9
RUSALKA
SMELL & QUIM
IRON DRUGS
UVB-76

http://www.rusalka.org
Rusalka - Kate Rissiek is an artist based in Vancouver, Canada who has performed under the name Rusalka since 2007. Employing theremin and other electronics, Rusalka achieves visceral and, at times, abrasive sounds in her exploration of subconscious states and the dark recesses of human nature.  A struggle between filth and transcendence occurs which stirs together crude electronics and an ethereal electromagnetic grasp for emergence. Her recent work often features subtle, yet profound, shifts in mood, timbre, and focus demonstrating a fervent refusal to clearly delineate between introspection and observation.

http://www.mk9.org
MK9 is a sound and visual therapy project by michael nine from California. This ongoing endeavor seeks to understand the irrational nature and motivation of the human species. Performances include pre-constructed sound as well as live frequency creation. Expression will occur with audio-video reporting. Material will include observed social actions and behaviors. At times our evolution stands still and becomes a counter productive mire of redundancy and backwards progress.  It can be a very small isolated window each of us looks from, out into a much larger space of existence. Video, voice, sound and handouts will be offered.

irondrugs.bandcamp.com

david lloyd jones

from mk9, there is a Leeds dare next.
no other UK dates so if you want to see mk9 head north!

Duncan

This looks great. May have to hit the north...

Edit - just saw the other tour dates. Nothing Southern but so be it!  May well see you cunts in Dec!

david lloyd jones

for me, unfortunately, s&q don't seal the deal.
that said, would try to see mk9 followed by shipping forecast.
may try Leeds as never been there.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: theotherjohn on September 10, 2016, 06:21:00 PM
Quote from: david lloyd jones on September 10, 2016, 05:24:30 PM
for me, unfortunately, s&q don't seal the deal.
that said, would try to see mk9 followed by shipping forecast.
may try Leeds as never been there.

Wharf Chambers in Leeds is renowned among visiting noise fans and artists for its cheap and excellent selection of beer - it's also less than a minute's walk from a popular drinker's pub called the Duck and Drake, 2 minutes stumbling distance from the bus/coach station and 15 minutes shambling distance from the train station. Good sound there too, usually very loud and vicious. You'll love it!

Smell & Quim definitely seal the deal for me. Bloody deviants.

your very rough guide to Leeds-beer, more beer and the transport is  near sounds fantastic
all I need now is cheap accommodation!

HongKongGoolagong

Quote from: theotherjohn on September 10, 2016, 06:21:00 PM
Wharf Chambers in Leeds is renowned among visiting noise fans and artists for its cheap and excellent selection of beer - it's also less than a minute's walk from a popular drinker's pub called the Duck and Drake, 2 minutes stumbling distance from the bus/coach station and 15 minutes shambling distance from the train station. Good sound there too, usually very loud and vicious. You'll love it!

The Leeds WC is my very favourite venue in the UK to perform or see a gig and is somewhere that feels like home. Don't anyone let the 'safer spaces policy' and signs up asking people to speak out if they encounter isms put them off, that's just to keep the townies looking for cheap beer on their toes. Many crazed and potentially objectionable artists have played there, from Con-Dom smearing shit on faces to a memorably obnoxious and physically dangerous Suckdog show in the summer and I have never encountered anything like censorship or people asking for trigger warnings there. The average function room above a regular business venue tends much more towards the censorious.

An interesting fact about the venue is that when it was founded as a semi legal autonomy centre called the Common Place around ten years ago, it was an undercover policewoman called 'Lynn Watson' who helped more than anyone else to establish it by her willingness to sign leases and attend meetings - unfortunately for her and the cops, noise and hardcore fanatics quickly took the place over and rather moved it away from the anarchist circles she hoped to monitor.  http://powerbase.info/index.php/Lynn_Watson_(alias)

absurdexposition

Total support for Rusalka. Great project, always killer live. Highly recommended.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

AXNAAR

This Friday!

If anyone's coming who's waiting on tapes, please email me and I'll bring them to the gig.

Oi!

david lloyd jones

Quote from: AXNAAR on November 28, 2016, 12:11:05 PM
This Friday!

If anyone's coming who's waiting on tapes, please email me and I'll bring them to the gig.

Oi!

awaited this for ages, then work prevents  boo hoo

AXNAAR

Sounds great John - can't wait for tonight!

Approx stage times:
UVB-76 - 20:30
IRON DRUGS - 21:00
RUSALKA - 21:30
MK9 - 22:05
S&Q - 22:40