Rimaldas Viksraitis

Started by cr, June 18, 2016, 04:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr

Was just browsing through a magazine and came across interesting looking pictures by Lithuanian photographer Rimaldas Viksraitis.
Can anybody comment on his work? Maybe some members of the forum from Lithuania?
It seems there exists a book called Grimaces of the Weary Village.

Some examples:

Andrew McIntosh

Sorry, I've got no information, but I have to say I do find this very cool. Thanks for the introduction.
Shikata ga nai.

linxtyx

As lithuanian, I have never heard of him, but it must be because of my low/mid interest in local photography.
But here you go - some info : https://www.lensculture.com/articles/rimaldas-viksraitis-naked-grimaces-exposing-rural-lithuania#slide-2 (INTERVIEW IN ENGLISH)

cr

Thanks for the link!

Quite some pictures to be found on the internet, but I think I will try to get the Grimaces of.. -book.

cr

Like the book a lot, it's A4, landscape format (if that's the right word), 80 pages.

Cover

More examples

cr

cr

Levas

he is a relative of a guy from Skeldos. Sort of. All in all - interesting photography, interesting person (with some psychological problems etc.) and well worth attention

Kim V

Interesting pics. Watching this somehow reminds me of the first part of the movie Taxidermia.
you're just a victim of yourself

david lloyd jones

also, reminds me of the pogrom video when saw at ifots