Special Interest
April 19, 2019, 06:32:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30]
  Print  
Author Topic: BLACK METAL  (Read 79983 times)
Andrew McIntosh
Overkill user

« Reply #435 on: April 17, 2019, 12:33:33 PM »

Methgoat

This is an actual band name?? Hahah holy fuck! I have seemed to dropped off from the newest Black Metal bands then... Methgoat. What's next, Heroindevil?!

Well, I don't see why not. That element of Black Metal that's into a really scummy, anti-everything image. If Satan wants you to ruin your life with drugs before killing other people and yourself then a band name paying tribute to gutter drugs makes sense. There'd have to be more overtly drug worshipping BM bands around, Doom Metal can't have all the fun.

Had a listen to Methgoat on Bandcamp and they're not bad, very noisy to the point that some tracks have no discernible riffs as such. I tend towards that kind of thing in the right mood.

"Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim." - Schopenhauer.
Salute

« Reply #436 on: April 17, 2019, 03:11:24 PM »

Yeah I know that there's a lot of this decay/self-destruction promoting Black Metal and drugs seem to be an essential part of the scene, at least for the artists themselves. The name of the band still stands out quite stupid to me.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30]
  Print  

Jump to: