Special Interest
April 20, 2019, 11:04:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30
  Print  
Author Topic: BLACK METAL  (Read 80254 times)
Zeno Marx
Diehard user

« Reply #405 on: August 06, 2018, 09:01:54 PM »

Martyrium - L.V.X. Occulta 1994 - also new to me and from a Negative Plane recommendation - rich and resonating.  I've been thinking about this album for a couple days.  Any recommendations for bands or albums similar?  I don't know why, but it also got me thinking about Stargazer and Mortuary Drape.
Funereal Presence, the solo project of Bestial Devotion (drummer/vocalist of Negative Plane).
Ah yeah.  Thanks for jogging my memory.  Both releases had their own thing happening.  Both really, really good.

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.
Zeno Marx
Diehard user

« Reply #406 on: March 24, 2019, 10:11:54 PM »

some good and interesting stuff happening on Wagner Ödegård - Om Domedag och de Femton Järtekn.  catchy, too.

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.
Decrepitude
moderate user

« Reply #407 on: March 24, 2019, 10:18:33 PM »

if anyone liked the Mooncitadel demo, the new EP is just as good.

Impatiently waiting for that to arrive.

The Black - Priest Of Satan reissue + merchandise is up for pre-order at Osmose for anyone interested.
Have to pick that up at some point.

Also TULUS vinyl reissues coming next month. Can't wait.
holy ghost
Heavy user

« Reply #408 on: March 25, 2019, 02:44:25 AM »

I’m pretty burned out on contemporary black metal but I’m not gonna lie, the news of a new TEITANBLOOD LP are pretty god damned exciting.
ricjaff

« Reply #409 on: March 25, 2019, 08:17:01 AM »

been digging this a lot. finnish emperor worship for the current era. the layering and atmosphere is top-notch. highly recommend a listen

https://youtu.be/_2Fn0ukN8hI
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 08:18:41 AM by ricjaff » Logged
Euro Trash Bazooka
Heavy user

« Reply #410 on: March 25, 2019, 06:42:32 PM »

Peaceville just reissued Obtained Enslavement' second album on LP too. Symphonic BM doesn't get better than this.

DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/
brutalist_tapes
moderate user

« Reply #411 on: March 26, 2019, 03:49:45 PM »

my black metal listening the past few weeks have pretty much consisted of nyogthaeblisz, goatpenis, fullmoon, asgardsrei by absurd and some not-really-BM stuff like intolitarian.. getting a little jaded, though.. as can be seen, i prefer the rawest possible stuff.. anyone got some suggestions?

DSOL
user

« Reply #412 on: March 26, 2019, 04:48:38 PM »

my black metal listening the past few weeks have pretty much consisted of nyogthaeblisz, goatpenis, fullmoon, asgardsrei by absurd and some not-really-BM stuff like intolitarian.. getting a little jaded, though.. as can be seen, i prefer the rawest possible stuff.. anyone got some suggestions?

Tetragrammacide 
if you like Fullmoon early Graveland
Veles

"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"
brutalist_tapes
moderate user

« Reply #413 on: March 26, 2019, 05:05:42 PM »

Tetragrammacide 
if you like Fullmoon early Graveland
Veles
must check tetragrammacide out, i know the others. thx!

DSOL
user

« Reply #414 on: March 26, 2019, 05:47:05 PM »

also recommend

Methgoat
Human Agony
Ululatum Tollunt
Nexul

brutalist_tapes
moderate user

« Reply #415 on: March 26, 2019, 05:52:32 PM »

also recommend

Methgoat
Human Agony
Ululatum Tollunt
Nexul

thanks man!

Euro Trash Bazooka
Heavy user

« Reply #416 on: March 26, 2019, 05:56:41 PM »

Well, you can for one read the NWN forum. It seems that what you like fits exactly with what they spend their time talking all day long. I don't like that kind of black metal but Bestial Warlust, Abominator or Corpse Molestation always do the job when needed. Try Perversor too, maybe? And some of the Danish bands affiliated with Blodfest like Nastran, Luciation, etc... And Bestial Summoning too.

brutalist_tapes
moderate user

« Reply #417 on: March 26, 2019, 07:11:09 PM »

Well, you can for one read the NWN forum. It seems that what you like fits exactly with what they spend their time talking all day long. I don't like that kind of black metal but Bestial Warlust, Abominator or Corpse Molestation always do the job when needed. Try Perversor too, maybe? And some of the Danish bands affiliated with Blodfest like Nastran, Luciation, etc... And Bestial Summoning too.
i know these bands, actually i am from denmark myself, hehe. the typical war metal don't interest me much, what i am looking for is ultra-noisy no-fi bands like for example nyogthaeblisz. of course i like blasphemy and bestial warlust, but all the clones don't interest me much. not so much black metal, but reek of the unzen gas fumes also kind of hits the spot for me. and intolitarian - they at least have war metal influences. but i guess not many bands are doing these rawer-than-raw almost noise things, and sometimes it's perhaps by accident, ha..

Euro Trash Bazooka
Heavy user

« Reply #418 on: March 26, 2019, 07:25:09 PM »

So I can't help. No offense but I don't think you're looking for a particular sound but for some bands that fit  some vague, sketchy aesthetic (SSP stuff) and that the Internet crowds like.
I don't think those bands have much musical value (besides Fullmoon, and they're not even that great compared to most of the other bands from the TOF.

DSOL
user

« Reply #419 on: March 26, 2019, 07:38:10 PM »

So I can't help. No offense but I don't think you're looking for a particular sound but for some bands that fit  some vague, sketchy aesthetic (SSP stuff) and that the Internet crowds like.
I don't think those bands have much musical value (besides Fullmoon, and they're not even that great compared to most of the other bands from the TOF.

pretty much every band I listed for him fits into the sound he is looking for especially Tetragrammacide & Methgoat who could be considered very heavily influenced by Nyogthaeblisz

if he wanted sketchy aesthetic I'm pretty sure he would asked for bands with sketchy aesthetic and not looking for a particular style of black metal

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30
  Print  

Jump to: