Special Interest
June 25, 2018, 05:42:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24
  Print  
Author Topic: BLACK METAL  (Read 54476 times)
Andrew McIntosh
Overkill user

« Reply #330 on: June 13, 2018, 03:51:55 PM »

occelensbrigg - the cosmic winter state (portugal) : https://youtu.be/e3r2vkVVRt4

This rules. All the right elements.

"Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of it's aim." - Schopenhauer.
DSOL
moderate user

« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2018, 04:39:14 PM »

Tsalal, Black Necrosis

both of these are great bands. apparently there is new Tsalal in the works 

DSOL
moderate user

« Reply #332 on: June 14, 2018, 07:47:48 PM »

NWN just put up the Blasphamagoatachrist "Black Metal Warfare" Demo

members of Blasphemy, Goatpenis and Antichrist (Canadian one)

martialgodmask
Heavy user

« Reply #333 on: June 14, 2018, 09:53:50 PM »

Enjoying a lot of black metal again recently having neglected it for a while, particularly the new Grá album "Vasen" and "Rûr" by Rûr.

Heard some shite too, mostly ruined by weak vocals.

Euro Trash Bazooka
user

« Reply #334 on: June 15, 2018, 12:10:00 AM »

NWN just put up the Blasphamagoatachrist "Black Metal Warfare" Demo

members of Blasphemy, Goatpenis and Antichrist (Canadian one)

Members of 2 of the most overrated bands of all time. I remember hearing Blasphemy in the late 90s and their CDs sold for barely anything from Osmose. As for Goatpenis, I always found everything they did at best tacky, at worst... you can imagine. Even that Suppurated Fetus demo I have is much more average than a lot of the wild stuff coming out of Brazil around those times. I mean, obviously to each their own but you can't make me believe that people calling their band Blasphamagoatachrist will care about writing decent riffs and that it will be good, even if Yosuke wraps them up in the nicest package with spikes from Callers of The Storms' guitar strap and stains the cover of the tape with some  of Goatpenis' latest "ritual"'s feijoada leftovers.

ricjaff

« Reply #335 on: June 15, 2018, 05:24:10 AM »

I mean, obviously to each their own but you can't make me believe that people calling their band Blasphamagoatachrist will care about writing decent riffs and that it will be good, even if Yosuke wraps them up in the nicest package with spikes from Callers of The Storms' guitar strap and stains the cover of the tape with some  of Goatpenis' latest "ritual"'s feijoada leftovers.

yeah, with that name all i expect is unjustified hype and ultra deluxe packaging that people will flock to. i've been thinking about project names a lot these days within the whole black/death sphere; just seems like people are using the same clichés ad infinitum with little-to-no contemplation. this is one of the most lackluster examples i've seen in quite some time.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 05:37:35 AM by ricjaff » Logged
FallOfNature
moderate user

« Reply #336 on: June 15, 2018, 10:55:48 AM »

Personally think "Fallen Angel Of Doom" deserves the hype and praise it gets considering they were the first to take things to that level.

Goatpenis are kinda hit and miss... Depleted Ammunition and Inhumanization are the only albums I kept and play on regular occasion.

I didn't care for Death Worship too much, and doubt I'll bother with Blasphamagoatachrist beyond a curious listen.

Revenge, Nyogthaeblisz, Bestial Warlust, Tetragrammacide, Heresiarch and early Diocletian all suffice when I want to hear some all out violence, which is a good majority of the time.
totalblack
user

« Reply #337 on: June 15, 2018, 12:05:30 PM »

Fallen Angel Of Doom and Gods Of War\Blood Upon The Altar are sacred art, and Blasphemy are one of the best. Actually the real deal, living a lifestyle fitting of the music they create, which you can't say for 99.9% of BM or noise acts. Also incredible live band.

But obviously this new project has a ridiculous name and is a waste of time. Edit: actually listening to it and it's not as bad as I thought it would be, although still not anywhere near "essential listening". I guess I would prefer something like this to Blasphemy releasing a new record and tarnishing the legacy of the project
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:15:06 PM by totalblack » Logged

DSOL
moderate user

« Reply #338 on: June 15, 2018, 02:57:45 PM »

Blasphamagoatachrist basically sounds like Goatpenis with Black Winds on vocals.

as for the name it's pretty lame that they decided to incorporate all 3 of their other bands name into one name, when I'm sure they could've come up with something much better

DSOL
moderate user

« Reply #339 on: June 15, 2018, 02:58:34 PM »

Personally think "Fallen Angel Of Doom" deserves the hype and praise it gets considering they were the first to take things to that level.

Goatpenis are kinda hit and miss... Depleted Ammunition and Inhumanization are the only albums I kept and play on regular occasion.

I didn't care for Death Worship too much, and doubt I'll bother with Blasphamagoatachrist beyond a curious listen.

Revenge, Nyogthaeblisz, Bestial Warlust, Tetragrammacide, Heresiarch and early Diocletian all suffice when I want to hear some all out violence, which is a good majority of the time.

check out Human Agony if you haven't already. 

absurdexposition
Heavy user

« Reply #340 on: June 15, 2018, 03:07:04 PM »

I didn't care for Death Worship too much

Extermination Mass is incredible and gives all of the related projects a run for their money.

check out Human Agony if you haven't already. 

Literally Revenge 2.0. Played with them in April.

Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
http://www.screamandwrithe.com
Euro Trash Bazooka
user

« Reply #341 on: June 15, 2018, 06:02:05 PM »

It took 15 years and gadget reissues for Blasphemy to be hyped whereas they had released a record on one of the most prominent BM label of the 90s. I also just read a massive interview of Hervé Herbaut (Osmose's boss) in which he mentions how the Fuck Christ tour was a massive failure... Speaks volumes to me...

I like some of the Aussie bands (like Bestial Warlust or Abominator) but to me they're closer to other local bands like Slaughter Lord than Blasphemy. And I like Sacramentary Abolishment and Axis Of Advance better than Revenge or Conqueror. Axis Of Advance CDs were also really cheap (like 2€ from Osmose for a while... Controversial opinions, sorry...

DSOL
moderate user

« Reply #342 on: June 15, 2018, 08:31:52 PM »

have to disagree with the part about the "Fuck Christ Tour". Immortal and Rotting Christ were also on that tour and Immortal was the headliner, i don't think it's fair to say that it speaks volumes about Blasphemy when basically they were a support act to the headliner.

look what both Immortal and Rotting Christ turned into in terms of popularity/etc after said tour.

Euro Trash Bazooka
user

« Reply #343 on: June 16, 2018, 02:55:51 AM »

That's not because of the tour. It's because they were on a label that got all the right albums at the right time, including theirs. He says nobody wanted to book those dates and that the bands often played to 20 people.

I don't think Rotting Christ or any of the Greek bands (besides Septic Flesh maybe?) ever were popular until the 00s and even then, considering them popular is quite the hyperbole. The albums were there but I don't remember people caring about them at all. That's recent, forum-induced phenomena.

FallOfNature
moderate user

« Reply #344 on: June 16, 2018, 11:20:40 AM »

Rotting Christ sure had the popularity in the late 90's in Australia at least. I first heard them when A Dead Poem came out. Sleep Of The Angels got a lot of attention in all the mags, even if it sucked (but I'll still take that album over what Tiamat, Samael etc were doing then). They weren't Burzum/Mayhem tier popular but the name was surely common.

Necromantia, Varathron and the rest were basically unheard of by anyone not buying music via mailorder or immersed in the u/g back then though. Varathron probably has NWN! to thank for their current fan base growth.

Speaking of Greek BM - about time someone reissued Legion Of Doom's debut on LP.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24
  Print  

Jump to: