BLACK METAL

Started by Andrew McIntosh, June 11, 2016, 03:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr

"...just Black Metal..."  - Nécropole CD/LP on NH. At the moment my favourite and most listened BM record.

tiny_tove

Quote from: david lloyd jones on August 24, 2016, 09:04:50 PM
deathspell omega rule even when they are oblique rather than powerful.
hard core is more than just volume/anger.

ditto

Enjoying French combo MALHKEBRE
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Fluid Fetish

That Necropole did seem good from the little I listened, gonna need to revisit it to give proper attention.

Malhkebre is excellent, I used to play Prostration all the time but I remember being somewhat let down by Revelation, no where near as rabid and frantic as I remember the mlp being. I should give it another chance though as I usually try to do with most records that initially underwhelm me.

On a huge Temple of the Fullmoon binge with old Graveland, Infernum, Veles, Mysteries, and then the worship bands like some Evil, Necrostrigis (fucking AMAZING at times), Catacomba, and Blood Tyrant especially.

eyestrain

Quote from: Fluid Fetish on August 27, 2016, 02:37:45 AMNecrostrigis (fucking AMAZING at times)

Throw a suggestion our way, if you would. Nothing has clicked yet, although they clearly linger in a realm I often enjoy.

Thirding (or fourthing?) the Nécropole mention. Résilience (i.e., this and Caverne) has been one of the best arrivals in the last few years. Was so happy to see the NH reissue, as I thought that was at least as deserving, if not more, of equal the attention that Caverne got with the IBP reissues.

Gonna add Malokarpatan's "Stridžie dni" for its dirt, dust, spittle, hangover, spirit (as in, malevolent creatures) littered atmosphere. Very akin to Negative Plane, but probably moreso through mutual praise of the BM forefathers than as a way to imitate a contemporary. Aggression, riffs, confidence and originality. Many of the hallmarks of a classic record ala Master's Hammer, Tormentor, Mefisto, Bathory, etc... that speed/thrash/heavy feeling all around. Rye bourbon all night and this on for the third time.

EDIT: Will also add Blood Stronghold, I count 5 releases so far if I haven't missed anything. Featuring Necrostrigis performers, which I guess brought them to mind. Also the Drowning The Light/Eternum fella. But, at the risk of heresy, I must say this is at least tenfold superior to any of that. That BM air of escapism, glory and melancholy that first made this genre so important to me is resplendent in each release (although "The March Of Apparitions" gets my utmost recommendations over all else). The kind of extended arm to a magnificent past and the 50/50 chance of victorious/damning future. Cruel fate and time pondered on a twilight night. Vast ocean of stars and futility. But a surge in the blood reignites the urge to march! (Or more literally, this is the ultimate early-90's sound that come from Eastern Europe and has generally been poorly mimicked till this).

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: eyestrain on August 27, 2016, 10:56:20 AM
Quote from: Fluid Fetish on August 27, 2016, 02:37:45 AMNecrostrigis (fucking AMAZING at times)

Throw a suggestion our way, if you would. Nothing has clicked yet, although they clearly linger in a realm I often enjoy.

EDIT: Will also add Blood Stronghold, I count 5 releases so far if I haven't missed anything. Featuring Necrostrigis performers, which I guess brought them to mind. Also the Drowning The Light/Eternum fella. But, at the risk of heresy, I must say this is at least tenfold superior to any of that. That BM air of escapism, glory and melancholy that first made this genre so important to me is resplendent in each release (although "The March Of Apparitions" gets my utmost recommendations over all else). The kind of extended arm to a magnificent past and the 50/50 chance of victorious/damning future. Cruel fate and time pondered on a twilight night. Vast ocean of stars and futility. But a surge in the blood reignites the urge to march! (Or more literally, this is the ultimate early-90's sound that come from Eastern Europe and has generally been poorly mimicked till this).

Wilkołaki księżycowego pentagramu, the only full length from three years ago is in my opinion an excellent starting point or at least it was for me along with the split 7'' with Evil. They have so many releases though so I'm a little bewildered as to where to go from here, probably one of the compilations..

Didn't know Blood Stronghold had Azorgh involved, I'll have to check it out. Not the biggest DtL fan, I just ordered From the Abyss on tape after checking it out though and being impressed. Back when DtL first started the songs sounded like Satanic Warmaster and Moonblood throw aways but this along with the Diabolical Winter Spells stuff has me interested now. The fact Necrostrigis members are also involved and your description combined has me interested definitely!

ritualabuser

Not Azgorh involved, but Nightwolf. I personally prefer the Necrostrigis sound to BS(though they're kind of apples to oranges), but I'll have to go back and listen to the material I have from Blood Stronghold. On that Polish note, I don't think Ravenmoon Sanctuary has been mentioned yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTliJogIOlA Key-laden BM done right with a mystical, nostalgic feeling. Will also have to echo the support for the Necropole/Caverne releases, especially Caverne's album.

ConcreteMascara

new Inquisition album is pretty damn good.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Petrificado

Just discovered Order of the Death's Head. Really great riffy black metal, excellent vocals. Not much black metal interests me these days but this hits the spot.

david lloyd jones

Leewar

The forum link, "I have decided to include every album I remember being talked about in the underground at the time"  - theres a good few releases on there that only became 'cool' in recent years.

Plus who really cares? Everybody is so anal about Black Metal these days, bar codes,1st pressings, lists, pre order's. Its worse then stamp collecting.

Let me guess, the guy who wrote that list was probably still in a pram in 1990.

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: ritualabuser on August 28, 2016, 10:10:44 PM
Not Azgorh involved, but Nightwolf. I personally prefer the Necrostrigis sound to BS(though they're kind of apples to oranges), but I'll have to go back and listen to the material I have from Blood Stronghold. On that Polish note, I don't think Ravenmoon Sanctuary has been mentioned yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTliJogIOlA Key-laden BM done right with a mystical, nostalgic feeling. Will also have to echo the support for the Necropole/Caverne releases, especially Caverne's album.

Thanks for the recommendation, this RS is fantastic and exactly what I'm looking for! I also can't get enough of the Fullmoon rehearsal that was put out not to long ago.

I still need to get around to hearing the new Inquisition, I've heard nothing but good things as usual. I wish Kramer was still doing the cover art for the albums..

Order of the Death's Head is fucking fantastic as well, that mournful but powerful NSBM riffing style has not been done this well since Kristallnacht.

Vega360

Black Metal reached it's musical apex many years ago and now so many peoples just exist to suck the money out of stupid kids. Finding peoples in it all that aren't mentally retarded (or just acting that way) is a very rare feat indeed. On the very rare occasion I actually listen to a black metal album it is almost always black and roll.

Underground BM (NSBM especially) became more of an artistic platform for alternative lifestyles then actual music well before I came along.