Special Interest
November 17, 2019, 05:56:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38
  Print  
Author Topic: BLACK METAL  (Read 112875 times)
Foss

« Reply #465 on: May 25, 2019, 08:44:07 PM »

Was searching for typical "cold" black metal this winter beyond the usual suspects i have played to death, and discovered Tenebrae in Perpetuum from Italy. Holy fuck they nail the style to perfection.

Also waiting impatiently for my Ultra Silvam lp to arrive, the demo was perfect in Katharsis tradition.
holy ghost
Heavy user

« Reply #466 on: May 25, 2019, 11:35:33 PM »

I picked up the reissue of the early Hungarian thrasher FANTOM, with the demo “Lucifer Jelenj Meg” and some raw rehearsal stuff recently and must have filed it away without playing it, I’m spinning it now after the discussion about FOAD in the noisecore thread and holy shit this is some top shelf raw Iron Curtain thrash! Total early Sodom worship with great raw production and those ice-pick wild trebly solos that are so crucial for this sort of stuff.

I really wish these reissues had more of an oral history feeling in the liner notes, after visiting Hungary last year it’s really fascinating how these bands existed behind the Iron Curtain and I’d love to hear more stories about what it was like. I heard some stories from people when I was there who were basically like “can you imagine what it was like being a punk/metal head in the 90’s when everyone before you was a metalhead under communism!?”
V.T.R

« Reply #467 on: June 26, 2019, 09:16:50 AM »

I dunno if this belongs to bandcamp/soundcloud topic or here, but here's some blackthrash from Finland:

https://apparitionfin.bandcamp.com/releases

Physical release will be out at somepoint...

Eigen Bast
moderate user

« Reply #468 on: June 26, 2019, 06:16:49 PM »

Niddhoggr demo Final Agony repressed is perfection. Depressive and melodic, never running a riff into the ground.
holy ghost
Heavy user

« Reply #469 on: June 26, 2019, 07:04:35 PM »

Been really on a Morbid Angel kick lately - finding a lot of quality riffs in Formulas Fatal to the Flesh and Gateways as well as the early bangers. Particularly enthused with the slow chugga Thrash riffing of “Invocation of the Continual One”.

I also heard Blood Incantation are recording a new LP at the present time. Hoping they tour again - last time they were here it was absolutely stellar.
DSOL
Heavy user

« Reply #470 on: June 26, 2019, 07:28:59 PM »

Been really on a Morbid Angel kick lately - finding a lot of quality riffs in Formulas Fatal to the Flesh and Gateways as well as the early bangers. Particularly enthused with the slow chugga Thrash riffing of “Invocation of the Continual One”.

I also heard Blood Incantation are recording a new LP at the present time. Hoping they tour again - last time they were here it was absolutely stellar.

Blood Incantation is doing a full tour with Immolation in October

"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"
sbtdoh
moderate user

« Reply #471 on: July 04, 2019, 06:08:33 AM »

Welp, black metal is the thing that got me into HNW. Its seemed to take even further the pain and aguish in tones. Raw black metal often is complained about how noisy it is. For example one of my absolute favorite BM bands is Black Cilice. For every review or comment I hear about them is the complaint to the noise going on. Raw black metal and lo-fi BM have always been my favorite way to go. I find everything that they do to be of utmost satisfaction to me and this s the reason  do a zine based on raw BM and HNW. I find that they intertwine. They all sound so excellent on cassette tape. They are often short runs of homemade/handmade/home dubbed physical manifestations of mostly mysterious personalities etc. The HNW community seams very open and friendly. The black metal community is a little darker, but I don't mind, because I personally find that HNW and BM both can be so cathartic and fucking awesome! Also, it would be unfair not to mention 2 raw BM bands that also do noise---Ride for Revenge & Akitsa. Both totally worth checking out and blur the lines between both genres.

www.shroudedrecordings.blogspot.com    -rooted in dirge & spite- all cassette tape label and zine haus
Andrew McIntosh
Overkill user

« Reply #472 on: July 04, 2019, 03:59:00 PM »

Akitsa

Was introduced to them just a few days ago by an online friend. Quite satisfying.

"Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim." - Schopenhauer.
sbtdoh
moderate user

« Reply #473 on: July 08, 2019, 05:12:26 AM »

Right on! what album you listening to?

www.shroudedrecordings.blogspot.com    -rooted in dirge & spite- all cassette tape label and zine haus
Andrew McIntosh
Overkill user

« Reply #474 on: July 08, 2019, 04:06:33 PM »

Right on! what album you listening to?

Well, I think it was "La Grande Infamie" that I first heard, but it's "Prophétie Hérétique"  and the collaboration with Thesyre that I personally dig. I like the lo-fi feel on "Aube de la Misanthropie", despite the acoustic guitar tracks (which do nothing for me) "Les Massacre des Puritans" is a nice, dreary, dirgey track.

To my ears, though, they don't really meet up with a cross between BM and Noise. They're raw, very, but stay within the BM parameters.

"Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim." - Schopenhauer.
Foss

« Reply #475 on: July 09, 2019, 09:07:34 PM »

The last Akitsa album is really good. Not many bands keep on being interesting for so many years!
sunandsteel
moderate user

« Reply #476 on: July 14, 2019, 05:01:26 AM »

This will be available next week

https://soundcloud.com/slavechandelier/un-jour-sans-matin

http://slavechandelier.blogspot.com/2019/07/fresnes-interview.html
Found Remains
moderate user

« Reply #477 on: July 16, 2019, 07:20:59 PM »

AVAILABLE NOW!

SANDWORM / NÄCHTLICH SPLIT CS

Perished Soil is honored to unleash another split release of unholy Black Metal, this time between the scornful Sandworm and the contemptuous Nächtlich. This rancid split in particular is unique as it's a cassingle style release with each band spewing a single, hateful song per side. No audio samples but expect nothing but the rawest recordings yet from these shadowy figures...

Also included with the split is a heavy weight business card with exclusive artwork, dedicated to each owner, and a 1" matte button of the Perished Soil emblem, all enclosed inside a resealable poly bag.

NÄCHTLICH CS

Militantly standing strong and defiant, Nächtlich expels one last freeze onto the living with their debut album. Harnessing their might from the glorious winters of Canada, Nächtlich tramples the blossoms of summer and banishes all who praise this worthless season of joy.

Looking across the sea, Nachtlich honors the wisdom of the Polish and German masters that not long ago, crushed the light of hope and infested Europe with audio horror. However Nachtlich also turns their gaze further North to continue the euphoric and ominous path started by Count Grishnackh.

Proudly inhale this frigid air of winter and tear off every pedal of summer, for the winds of the North never die!

REPRESS on white tape shells.
-----
Found Remains will be the only distro carrying both titles. Orders ship 7/25/19!

Thanks.

ricjaff

« Reply #478 on: July 17, 2019, 07:01:36 AM »

been jamming the fuck out of this one lately:

https://youtu.be/An96Z-BMMko
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 07:03:25 AM by ricjaff » Logged
evilxskin

« Reply #479 on: July 22, 2019, 11:22:57 AM »

been jamming the fuck out of this one lately:

https://youtu.be/An96Z-BMMko
Was about to praise this same project.

It seems the label (Wolfspell Records) still has the LP for sale.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38
  Print  

Jump to: