3.5 mm to XLR Cable Related Question

Started by Ian, June 01, 2016, 07:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Hi, I'm very new to the music recording process, so I have plenty of learning to do. I thought I'd put forth a question to see if there is a better way to record using my Korg monotron delay mini synth. I plan on recording using a Mackie audio interface with two XLR inputs and a 3.5 mm to XLR cable. Considering that the cable isn't a real "one-to-one" connection, would there be any issues or sound degradation? If so should I consider using a different adapter that outputs a stereo signal? I just want to weigh my options here and determine the best adapter for this purpose here.

Euro Trash Bazooka

I'm not sure I can reply to your specific question but although they're pretty fun little things, one of the main flaws of Monotron Delays are their atrocious and cheap output sockets, which are unstable and prone to loads of annoying extra noise, etc... I've never really had a lot of luck recording with mine and I wish Korg would put them in metal boxes with decent outputs so bad.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

Ian

Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on June 02, 2016, 11:13:57 AM
I'm not sure I can reply to your specific question but although they're pretty fun little things, one of the main flaws of Monotron Delays are their atrocious and cheap output sockets, which are unstable and prone to loads of annoying extra noise, etc... I've never really had a lot of luck recording with mine and I wish Korg would put them in metal boxes with decent outputs so bad.

Wow, that's really unfortunate. I thought the synth was a total beast for its size. but I had the sneaking suspicion that when it comes down to it, this thing is really just a toy and I will need to invest in some real hardware somewhere down the line. If I may, what type of cable and what recording setup did you use? I suppose there might be the issue of using a low-quality cable or audio interface, but I'm probably wrong.