M. Corbelli / Atrax Morgue / Mörder Machine / Necrophonie / Progetto Morte etc.

Started by 13, May 30, 2016, 04:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

This time next year, it will have been a decade since Marco departed from this earth. This fact, along with the ongoing reissue campaign, makes for a great course to reassess our collective thoughts on his ouvre.

I have personally yet to hear the vast majority of Marco's work, but I love most of what I have heard so far, especially his later albums like Paranoia, Death-Orgasm Connector, and No More. The crazed vocal performances coupled with his ultra minimalist approach makes for a unique listen, that is for sure.

My next goal is to dig deeper into Marco's "experimental" releases as I liked both Vizi Morbosi Di Una Giovane Infermiera and Reel I from the Mörder Machine box currently out on Old Europa Café. Any further suggestions would be great.

Jack

Death Orgasm Connector remains a firm favourite but I'd like to hear more

What is the easiest/cheapest way to get Atrax Morgue material in the UK?

Direct from Urashima / Old Europa Cafe or are there more local distributors?

Quote from: Jack on May 30, 2016, 06:15:22 PM

Death-Orgasm Connector is my favorite as well. The most accurate sound representation of mixed-state mania I have yet heard.

Quote from: Jack on May 30, 2016, 06:15:22 PMWhat is the easiest/cheapest way to get Atrax Morgue material in the UK?

Direct from Urashima / Old Europa Cafe or are there more local distributors?

I got most of his out of print releases from Discogs and Ebay. They are usually quite cheap. I think I paid 10 EUR for Sickness Report, which I highly recommend if you are into his instrumental material.

impulse manslaughter

I'm still looking for a copy of Sickness Report. If anyone is selling this for a fair price let me know!

THE RITA HN

QuoteDeath-Orgasm Connector is my favorite as well.

yes - an amazing document of slow burn driven obsession.

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on May 31, 2016, 12:47:23 AM

QuoteThis performance is large inspired from the book "The Order Of Death" by Hugh Fleetwood.

Has anybody read this book?

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: 13 on May 31, 2016, 01:29:01 AM
Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on May 31, 2016, 12:47:23 AM

QuoteThis performance is large inspired from the book "The Order Of Death" by Hugh Fleetwood.

Has anybody read this book?

nope
but i've seen the movie inspired by the novel

Copkiller
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Fluid Fetish

Never listened to Atrax Morgue up until last week I was finally exposed to Paranoia. Leave Me Alone and Obsessed by Images are two of the most haunting, twisted and unique noise songs I've ever heard. The album all around is good, very weird in a good way which is part of what makes this man's work appealing to me. I'm just beginning to dip my toes in here but it's not hard to tell already why people are so interested in this stuff....after reading about him and his lifestyle/obsessions, you can really see his psychological problems shine through in an almost uncomfortably intimate way. I can see why it would rub a lot of people the wrong way or seem goofy, especially before he killed himself, but for me it makes me want to definitely explore his artistic work way, way more.

SiClark

There are some Atrax Morgue LPs at this UK store -

http://www.electrickniferecords.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&zenid=nkvod0pk4c0gcejgdkanjltpe5&typefilter=artist&artists_id=22

At War With False Noise normally get copies of Urashima releases but they sell out quickly -

http://www.atwarwithfalsenoise.com/distro.html

Quote from: Fluid Fetish on June 01, 2016, 01:56:10 AM
Never listened to Atrax Morgue up until last week I was finally exposed to Paranoia. Leave Me Alone and Obsessed by Images are two of the most haunting, twisted and unique noise songs I've ever heard. The album all around is good, very weird in a good way which is part of what makes this man's work appealing to me. I'm just beginning to dip my toes in here but it's not hard to tell already why people are so interested in this stuff....after reading about him and his lifestyle/obsessions, you can really see his psychological problems shine through in an almost uncomfortably intimate way. I can see why it would rub a lot of people the wrong way or seem goofy, especially before he killed himself, but for me it makes me want to definitely explore his artistic work way, way more.

I agree with all of the above. Marco's music is a great example of how it is possible to transcend the technological limitations of a genre by adding yourself into the mixture in a way that the listener can latch on to and relate to. I think that is what makes his discography so powerful, despite the often unsatisfying packaging.

Jack

Quote from: Si Clark on June 01, 2016, 08:39:35 PM

There are some Atrax Morgue LPs at this UK store -

http://www.electrickniferecords.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&zenid=nkvod0pk4c0gcejgdkanjltpe5&typefilter=artist&artists_id=22

At War With False Noise normally get copies of Urashima releases but they sell out quickly -

http://www.atwarwithfalsenoise.com/distro.html

Thank you!
I am really out of the loop with where contemporary releases get distro'd these days.
Didn't even think to check AWWFN, will keep an eye out in future!
And Electric Knife is new to me so good to know about.

Shortly after making that post I did see that Cold Spring have the morder machine box - I'm unfamiliar with this project but really liked what I heard looking it up on youtube - seemed 'easier' listening than AM, very rhythmic and no vocals in what I heard.