Cold Meat Industry releases that still hold up?

Started by 13, May 23, 2016, 04:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: yosef666 on May 31, 2016, 04:41:16 AM
I would say a LOT of CMI holds up for me... all Brighter Death Now of course, IRM, Proiekt Hat, Mz.412, In Slaughter Natives, Deutsch Nepal, Institut, Iron Justice. Lots of real classics.

In related news, this tribute LP, in the works for several years, finally has a release date announced:

Tracklist:
- Sinistrous Diabolus - Sacrifice (Aghast)
- Spire - Death, Just Only Death... (In Slaughter Natives)
- Temple Nightside - Winds of a Lost Soul (Arcana)
- Grave Upheaval - Necrose Evangelicum (Brighter Death Now)
- Antediluvian - Sephiroth (Raison d'ĂȘtre)
- Vassafor - Infernal Afairs II Doom Legion Ultra (MZ.412)

NWN and Iron Bonhead .
quality assurance
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: totalabuse on June 01, 2016, 11:25:46 AM
comp seems insane! how can metal bands pull it off?? i will buy

First sample was put up couple years ago: http://graveupheaval.bandcamp.com/track/grave-upheaval-necrose-evangelicum-bdn-sample

Will buy just for Antediluvian and Grave Upheaval!

BlackHole

CMI is one of, if not my all time favorite label. Roger has excellent taste in both music and aesthetics. BDN (obviously), MZ.412, Raison D'Entre, In Slaughter Natives, Projeckt Hat, Deutsch Nepal, the early Arcana albums, old Mortiis records and many others are among my favorite artists. So many legendary and timeless classics on the CMI label.

I am pretty ambivalent about that CMI tribute LP on IBP/NWN. It will be interesting to hear, and Grave Upheaval is one of my favorite newer DM bands but metal bands should stay in their own territory. In my opinion the cross pollination of metal and industrial/PE only results in diluted, not exciting music. In theory the mix sounds awesome but the reality of it usually mediocre at best. MZ.412, Blut Aus Nord, and Ride For Revenge being the only exceptions I can think of, all three of which are phenomenal though.

Zodiac

I just listen to ESTHETICKS OF CRUELTY compilation and i think that it is great stuff and still a very good listening.
Remember, remember... december.

absurdexposition

Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com