Cold Meat Industry releases that still hold up?

Started by 13, May 23, 2016, 04:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluid Fetish

Aghast album is a timeless classic, all old BDN is incredible, Raison, old Mortiis, some MZ412, old Puissance, Archon Satani, Deutsch Nepal- this is how I got into ambient/noise music to begin with in the 90's. I can still remember hearing Let Us Lead right after it came out, how orchestral but beautifully militant the atmosphere was, plus the booklet full of concentration camp pictures, weapons, diatribes about how evil will always conquer good....cliche traits for most people now but made a STRONG impression on me as a youth. These records are not only nostalgic but I think have held up damn well over time, although some more then others.

Also someone mentioned Burning the Temple of God, what an awful album. I like MZ 412, but this album does not hold up well at all. I put it in a few months ago and couldn't even get half way through it, just boring and really cheesy, the incredibly stupid sample of the reverse exorcism in the first song pretty much sums it up haha "Jeswus Chwist, get outta my Whife!", and this is coming from someone who usually loves over the top approaches, bad taste, and cheesyness. I immediately threw it in my 'to sell' pile and will not miss it...

F_c_O

So youre saying that album wasnt represntative of mz.412? I must admit, I chose it based on the burning church cover artwork, haha. What would you recommend instead?

burdizzo

Nordik Battle Signs is their most memorable for me.
Actually, I don't think the CMI catalogue is at all redundant. As others have said, there's always BDN, Mz.412, and Deutsch Nepal - and while I have seriously gone off the latter, his works up to and including Comprendido... Time Stop... still stand up very well. Oh, another obscure little project they had was Nod - nothing remarkable, but they did have a couple of really good tracks on their Three Little Pigs CD that I still enjoy.

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

ANDROPHILIA

MZ412 " In nomine dei nostri...."
the darkest album i think
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: F_c_O on May 24, 2016, 10:23:00 PM
So youre saying that album wasnt represntative of mz.412? I must admit, I chose it based on the burning church cover artwork, haha. What would you recommend instead?

The album is like a weird mishmash of styles and approaches that aren't really interesting, go on for too long, or are just too incoherent ultimately, but for some reason this approach appealed to me years ago and now, with this album at least, it does not. Burning Church artwork is the same cover as the Lords of Chaos book amusingly enough. Somehow very fitting..

I'd say it isn't representative of their style really, the already suggested In Nomine Dei Nostri is EXCELLENT in my opinion and holds a very interesting and a somewhat ritualistic feel. Nordik Battle Signs is also really good, Algiz- The Convergance of Life and Death is possibly my favorite MZ 412 song and is very powerful for me as this rune is also very significant to me personally.

Or you could just listen to old Emit, whichto me is easily the best 'black noise' (or whatever kids are calling it these days) since Abruptum. Easily.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: Zeno Marx on May 24, 2016, 09:52:29 PM
I really wish they would've included tribal drumming more often, like on In Nomine.  They dropped the ball by not doing so.  I don't think they're dark ambient/quasi-PE holds up very well because it lacks that layer.  Not to say it isn't decent atmospheric music, but I also don't feel it tends to stand out.

Around the time I got the "In Nomine..." album I also got Archon Satani's "The Righteous Way To Completion" on Cold Spring and was impressed with the use of percussion on that. It can work really well. But ultimately MZ have always had pretty mixed output. "In Nomine..." is a great album of well created and recorded individual tracks which is what they usually do but "Domine..." is a wider-spread album, more conceptual.

I'd also agree that "Burning The Temple..." could have been a lot better, but mainly for their overt Black Metal pastiches. Those bits just don't work. The opening sample didn't sound cheesy to me, just a bit cliched. The line between appropriate and cheesy when one chances Black Metal imagery is very thin and often crossed (I recall an interview in one of those CM catalogues in which they said they "had not discovered the treasure of Satan" until after they formed. That bit made me groan). All up, though, it's still an album I like and return to. MZ 412 at that time were great and I picked up on them around the mid-90's at just the right time I suppose.
Shikata ga nai.

murderous_vision

I feel that 90% of the discography is still essential for me.

F_c_O

I've been checking some mz.412 for now and I am surprised how much I like this. Burning The Temple of God certainly gave me the wrong idea about the project. I must say that at the moment my favourite moment is the fact that the live version of Kreuzigung from the re-release of Macht Durch Stimme starts with Supertramp's Breakfast in America and a radio bit. I have no idea if thats intentional or not but to me it works really well, actually.

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: murderous_vision on May 25, 2016, 06:24:28 AM
I feel that 90% of the discography is still essential for me.

Of those un or only partially mentioned I will add the Soundsource offerings of Archon Satani and Inanna. These are in part I felt (feel) a kind of continuance of / sister to the Nekrophile catalog (among uncounted others in and around the period). Rough raw rude crude ritual dirgehell dungeontronics, or something. Throw in some half dead ganja music and you are there.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: F_c_O on May 25, 2016, 10:58:24 AM
Burning The Temple of God certainly gave me the wrong idea about the project.
I wanted to say something about that, too. "Burning..." is in fact somewhat better if you view it as a failed/strange black metal project in the vein of Puritas Virginum (which is way better, though, but also has this inconsistent, nonsensical approach to music). That only works if you're into failed/strange black metal, though.
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea

moozz

The ones I still return to are

In Slaughter Natives - Enter Now The World
Raison d'Etre - Prospectus
Raison d'Etre - Within The Depth Of Silence And Phormations
Morthound - Spindrift
Brighter Death Now - everything
Deutsch Nepal - everything

FreakAnimalFinland

I think anything that is noisy, holds up well, I think.

Projekt Hat, BDN, the mentioned MZ.412 Nordik battle sign (the most pure and cold industrial one), Archon Satani,....   Also recent re-visits to early Deutsch Nepal, his works before sung vocals, still working great. Not to mention 2 first Ordo Equilibrio. Especially the debut, which has clear form, but not yet routine template.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

yosef666

I would say a LOT of CMI holds up for me... all Brighter Death Now of course, IRM, Proiekt Hat, Mz.412, In Slaughter Natives, Deutsch Nepal, Institut, Iron Justice. Lots of real classics.

In related news, this tribute LP, in the works for several years, finally has a release date announced:

Tracklist:
- Sinistrous Diabolus - Sacrifice (Aghast)
- Spire - Death, Just Only Death... (In Slaughter Natives)
- Temple Nightside - Winds of a Lost Soul (Arcana)
- Grave Upheaval - Necrose Evangelicum (Brighter Death Now)
- Antediluvian - Sephiroth (Raison d'être)
- Vassafor - Infernal Afairs II Doom Legion Ultra (MZ.412)
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

totalabuse

comp seems insane! how can metal bands pull it off?? i will buy