Redacted, moderator please remove

Started by Peterson, May 05, 2016, 11:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peterson

Redacted, moderator please remove

cutter

i heard that somewhere are like points, where you have few copy machines an you can do copies without anybody around and just pay for the amount of paper you used, the problem is that i dont know if its in your country

AXNAAR

It wouldn't hurt you to contact copy places and ask if they have a problem with the sort of material you intend to print - give them some context, explain it's transgressive art etc. The worst they can say is no. I'm sure some places just want to make £££'s so you may find it easier than you think. Also worth looking for a place as mentioned above where you can use a machine and be left alone.

GEWALTMONOPOL

Pardon the hijacking but this thread reminded me of the following anecdote.

It's a few years ago when I walked into my printers and found him and his old man howling with laughter at the STAB ELECTRONICS - The Non Alliant II LP sleeve. They have this nosey and very annoying regular who is also extremely conservative and stuck up who'd seen the sleeves by chance and gone APESHIT. He'd spewed out classics like "this is OUTRAGEOUS, how CAN you??? SCANDALOUS!!!" and so forth. They don't like him because he's a prick and STAB made their day by pissing off the old guy. They read out the titles aloud, "Fucking for the Duc???" more guffaws.

Needless to say, I've never had any issues with any of my printed stuff there. 
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

aububs

live the dream, spend 7000 dollars on your own xerox machine.

Ashmonger

I've been doing recent covers in a local print shop, where I just copy the covers from homeprinted examples. The people just shortly explain the copy machine and that's that, I've done some stuff which might be slightly shocking to some people, but they haven't seen it yet, so no problem at all.

calaverasgrande

I've been out of the zine/publication scene for a few years. But back when I was  obsessively working on my zine "Wordburger" I found that SE Asian immigrants who run copy shops give zero fucks about what you are printing. It's the uptight guys with too much time on their hands that worry about censoring other peoples morality.
However they are very good at noticing when you are ripping them off.