What direction your vinyl plastic sleeves are?

Started by JuhoN, March 07, 2016, 12:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuhoN

Simple question,
What direction you use your vinyl plastic covers?

I use plastic cover on right direction (hole this way ->), so I can easily slide vinyl outside covers without taking off plastic sleeve.
Inside cover, paper sleeve is facing up so vinyl wont slide out accidentally.

F_c_O

As long as the outer sleeve permits it, I put the inner one facing the end label of it. That way if I end up being clumsy, the vinyl won't fall of without the inner sleeve. Not sure if that matters too much but it gives me some sense of security, hehe.

holy ghost

Up, always. I can't stand that feeling when they're sideways and they slide just a little out when you're re-shelving them.

I've realized I maybe my records have been too well cared for? My Black Flag "Damaged" LP looks pristine despite the fact that I bought it 22 years ago. It's not very punk.... I don't like my collection looking like some Instagram snapshot of records all bought new since the vinyl resurgence. Yet I don't want to mistreat them, that's just stupid....

KillToForget

Definitely up. Plastic opening is up, then the opening on the jacket is to the right, then the paper sleeve opening is up also. I used to have them all to the right but the vinyl started collecting dust easily so I changed it

JuhoN

Votes so far:
16,7% left /2 votes
16,7% right /2 votes
66,7 % up /8 votes

ANDROPHILIA

WITHOUT

i hate plastic sleeves. i hate to see a wall of plastic when i see my vinyl collection.
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)