Isolation from other people

Started by oOoOoOo, February 25, 2016, 02:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holy ghost

I only want to wear band shirts if I'm like, at a cottage or some shit, which is why I only buy longsleeves now. Because of the mosquitoes.

And let's get fuckin' real here how often do I get to go to a cottage? Honestly not very often....

Johann

Haha yea, I don't wear band shirts at all really. I really enjoy sewing (manly man I am) so ocassionally i will put fabric "patches" on things (but just abstract shit I make), I used to avoid all logo clothing because I just don't care for being a bill board but now I just wear whatever. I could really care less.

But hey, don't feel weird for wearing them. I can understand the absurdity of the whole thing, when I went to see Marshall Allen do sun ra it was a bunch of old guys wearing sun ra arkestra shirts.Guess it was a thing back in the 70s to wear the shirt or the band you support. So if it feels good, just do it.

The whole misanthropes in the woods thing was priceless. the only thing that bums me out is when people listen to their personal speakers in public places, but whatever, if it makes them happy I can be happy for them.

Fluid Fetish

I have no internet except at work, no cell phone, no facebook....no friends really as my circle has moved away although we keep in touch, one girl I see occassionally, those who do know me give me shit about living a 'cave man' life style heh.

My whole life I've been employed through jobs or made money illegallly where it required me to be around, interact with, and socialize with people extensively. I've had the same circle of 3 friends or so since my youth who have all changed drastically but I still love their company, I've more often then not lived with roommates and/or girlfriends, I currently volunteer at my local library where I have to interact with the degenerate waste of American society daily for no pay and I actually enjoy it, never was one to actively socialize outside my friends/acquaintances but never had any problem doing so if necessary (I learned at a young age that despite the fact I feel uncomfortable or awkward every moment of my life and especially socially, it's rooted in the fact that I don't relate to 98% of people I've encountered in my life at all but it doesn't worry me as what people do with their lives couldn't be less interesting to me anyways) but the irony of all of this is I've felt like an introvert always.

At this point in my life, I prefer to spend most of my time alone. I agree with the original poster that social interaction, especially with your average, every day person is both exhausting and boring. Still, I confess to a morbid fascination with the eccentricities, details, and subtle aspects of these people that we're all surrounded by every day and how they live, function, the every day insanity they accept as reality etc. Perhaps why I enjoy socializing and dating occassionally or under the right circumstances, but as many others have mentioned...my ideal night is a good record, some time with the girl I love, a book, a night of good quality hallucinogens, a stimulating discussion with a friend, exploring cinema or just listening to how quiet it gets a night or the wind, little things that you can't appreciate in a HUGE or over active social setting....when I'm not working or I don't have to deal with people I'm not going to, I've seen every side of human nature in my drug dealing days and that's not even getting to what I've seen in my professional career and I can tell you even without being a misanthrope...99% aren't worth the time at all...and most of them are already dead inside anyway.

Insidious and Alone for the rest of my life likely haha

Time to listen to some Mania..

cr

Quote from: THE RITA HN on April 12, 2016, 01:36:46 AM
QuoteI almost get angry when I'm walking in the woods and see some silly dressed joggers and walkers passing by, as there would be no other places for them to go.

QuoteI have exactly the same merit. I  hate it to the bone to see anybody (let alone fancy joggers...) if i (or we) walk the woods and moors around here.
Just ruins the whole atmosphere.

I'd really like to know what the 'appropriate' person is to hang out in the woods then[?].
My brother is a cameraman for National Geographic, BC Wildlife Foundation, etc. and hangs out with naturalists and scientists in the woods, on trails, etc. very often.  On the outside they look like pretty normal 'walkers', etc. but probably should be in the woods over some dressed-in-black misanthropist dude wearing a Drudkh shirt[?].  

Hah, it wasn't my intention to focus on how somebody is dressed. Or what the appropriate persons would be to hang out in the woods.
Because of work schedule and various other reasons, I don't have the time to go to the woods very often. But if I do I just prefer to be alone, that's all. And then comes the jogger and the 'nordic walker' in bright yellow leggins and pink headband. But I'm quite sure they don't like my company as well, hehe.

l.b.

Quote from: THE RITA HN on April 05, 2016, 02:13:51 AM
post show Ipod jams through the PA always degenerate into club music.  I don't know why a lot of 'nihilistic' metal and noise performers even waste time going to related 'underground' shows when they can have a way better time downtown at dance clubs.

Yeah what's up with this? maybe it's an american thing. i hate when people "ironically" play r kelly or whatever thru the p.a.

cantle

Quote from: l.b. on May 17, 2016, 07:26:38 PM
Quote from: THE RITA HN on April 05, 2016, 02:13:51 AM
post show Ipod jams through the PA always degenerate into club music.  I don't know why a lot of 'nihilistic' metal and noise performers even waste time going to related 'underground' shows when they can have a way better time downtown at dance clubs.

Yeah what's up with this? maybe it's an american thing. i hate when people "ironically" play r kelly or whatever thru the p.a.

No heard it far to often over here, I know they try to be self- deprecating but given how much it happened I figured they actually like it.

"Neurosis is a distorted way of looking at the world and at oneself, which is determined by compulsive needs rather than by a genuine interest in the world as it is."

I cannot remember where I found this quote, but I think it applies perfectly. It has always struck me how people with social anxiety/problems always complain about their unmet needs. To me it seems like an ego problem more than an actual social problem. With all due respect for the hardships and misunderstandings it must take to form such an unfit identity.

Bloated Slutbag

With all due respect, no soup for you!
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag