Isolation from other people

Started by oOoOoOo, February 25, 2016, 02:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.b.

seems like it's becoming hip and cool to be seen as an "introvert" like some kind of cool & mysterious guy b.s. people try to cultivate an image but really they just want to drink and party but listen to metal records instead of club music.

holy ghost

I want to drink and party and listen to metal records but I want to do it with no one else around....

Maybe sometimes other people are around but then I want to retire to my nut hut in the woods with a bunch of pet goats and a couple dogs.....

THE RITA HN

Quoteseems like it's becoming hip and cool to be seen as an "introvert" like some kind of cool & mysterious guy b.s. people try to cultivate an image but really they just want to drink and party but listen to metal records instead of club music.

It's always the 'angriest' and most 'nihilistic' performers that are the heaviest social party drinkers at shows - almost guaranteed.  Don't be fooled by the metal music as well - post show Ipod jams through the PA always degenerate into club music.  I don't know why a lot of 'nihilistic' metal and noise performers even waste time going to related 'underground' shows when they can have a way better time downtown at dance clubs.

oOoOoOo

Quote from: THE RITA HN on April 05, 2016, 02:13:51 AM
Quoteseems like it's becoming hip and cool to be seen as an "introvert" like some kind of cool & mysterious guy b.s. people try to cultivate an image but really they just want to drink and party but listen to metal records instead of club music.

It's always the 'angriest' and most 'nihilistic' performers that are the heaviest social party drinkers at shows - almost guaranteed.  Don't be fooled by the metal music as well - post show Ipod jams through the PA always degenerate into club music.  I don't know why a lot of 'nihilistic' metal and noise performers even waste time going to related 'underground' shows when they can have a way better time downtown at dance clubs.
I'm not sure if there was some sense of sarcasm being conveyed here which I just didn't pick up on, but wouldn't it be difficult to have a better time at dance clubs if club music is insufferable? I know that I am particularly annoyed with poppy music, annoying hooks get caught in my head easily, I often try to avoid that sort of music like the plague.

I don't even like drinking, I like people but I don't like being around them very much. Talking with people in general just makes me feel like my brain is running a marathon, I get mental fatigue from trying to talk with others. I don't think people in a club environment really talk though, I'd think the music would be too loud. Come to think of it I dunno what people even do in clubs, but when I am at a loud place I usually just see people huddled together with their friends with drinks with loud music and noise.

I find that if I'm talking to someone one on one, specifically about something engaging and intellectual, I don't feel worn out by talking as much, it's weird.

I really don't know how people do it, I guess that's why they have categories like introvert and extrovert. I have never been one who was able to really connect or relate to people in general. I've always been sort of a loner, I don't really know what it is about me. By my accounts I'm not ugly, I have good hygiene, I'm not too fat or too thin, I dress sensibly, yet I'm just a ghost.

Btw are you really The Rita? I walked up to you one time at a concert when Richard Ramirez, a week of kindness, and serpentine were performing. I was wearing an atrax morgue shirt, if you remember? Yeah I used to go to that club a lot lol. I stopped because basically all I'd ever do is sit around alone there, it also seemed like a pretty dangerous place. If you are The Rita, I always did want to ask you if you or Richard Ramirez or his husband (if that was the guy next to you) if you ever met Marco Corbelli.

Idk what people even do at clubs, or what the point is. You can't hear anyone talk, the music sucks, drinking to me is a waste of time and just adds extra calories that I could replace with something healthy.

THE RITA HN

I wish I was being sarcastic.

Yes, I remember seeing you.
I never met Marco personally.  The closest 'brush' I had with him was when he toured Japan a season ahead of me also hosted by Molehill Mailorder.  Richard was definitely closer to Marco, but he'd have to tell you if he's hung with him or not.

tiny_tove

isolation : stay home & read a book
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

bitewerksMTB

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on April 06, 2016, 01:24:42 AMIsolation is lonely murder.
Especially when you're insidious and alone.

oOoOoOo

Isolation hurts when you start to think about existence and the vacuum of the void.

tiny_tove

Maxime Qavtaradze, the last Ortodox hermit

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Bleak Existence

isolation : stay home & make some noise

Zodiac

Quote from: cr on March 19, 2016, 07:28:50 PM
I almost get angry when I'm walking in the woods and see some silly dressed joggers and walkers passing by, as there would be no other places for them to go.

I have exactly the same merit. I  hate it to the bone to see anybody (let alone fancy joggers...) if i (or we) walk the woods and moors around here.
Just ruins the whole atmosphere.
Remember, remember... december.

THE RITA HN

QuoteI almost get angry when I'm walking in the woods and see some silly dressed joggers and walkers passing by, as there would be no other places for them to go.

QuoteI have exactly the same merit. I  hate it to the bone to see anybody (let alone fancy joggers...) if i (or we) walk the woods and moors around here.
Just ruins the whole atmosphere.

I'd really like to know what the 'appropriate' person is to hang out in the woods then[?].
My brother is a cameraman for National Geographic, BC Wildlife Foundation, etc. and hangs out with naturalists and scientists in the woods, on trails, etc. very often.  On the outside they look like pretty normal 'walkers', etc. but probably should be in the woods over some dressed-in-black misanthropist dude wearing a Drudkh shirt[?].   

oOoOoOo

I find wearing band t shirts in public to be rather embarrassing. I feel very self conscious, I don't want people reading something I have on my shirt. I'd wear a band shirt to a concert, which I used to do, until I realized that showing enthusiasm for your favorite art form isn't really something people do in a general concert venue setting. I wore this t shirt for the band crywank one time, I was the only one there with a band shirt and I just felt like a total idiot. Anyone who doesn't know crywank, it's a really tight folk artist, one of the best artists I've ever heard. But yeah, I used to think band shirts were really cool, but I don't think so anymore. That's the last thing I want is attention for the shirt I'm wearing, it makes me feel paranoid that people are likely looking at my shirt.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: oOoOoOo on April 12, 2016, 03:07:02 AM...I realized that showing enthusiasm for your favorite art form isn't really something people do in a general concert venue setting.

People be fucked. Wear it loud, wear it proud I say, if that's your bag.
Shikata ga nai.