Special Interest
February 18, 2020, 10:05:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Body Love  (Read 13633 times)
PedestrianOrgans
user

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 10:24:14 PM »

I have literally avoided even looking up anything about this project before today, because every time I check out a hyped-up HN project I end up like the guy who came late to the party and the booze is all gone haha and lo and behold...

I want to hear “Tumours” so BADLY now AGH WHY

I think we are unanimously agreed a “Box Is Stupid”/“Case Studies” box would get absolutely hoovered by the folks on here.
THE RITA HN
Heavy user

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 12:07:46 AM »

I mention some of this list recently in an interview, but i think it's important to mention in this thread the other Italian projects' releases that are highly representative of the DBL technique if you're having trouble sourcing original DBL releases, but can find these masterworks:
IUGULA-THOR - Opera
MAUTHAUSEN ORCHESTRA - 2nd Movement
BRUNO COSSANO - Live in Paris
BRUNO COSSANO - Saffo’s Pleasures
PedestrianOrgans
user

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 07:36:09 PM »

Does anybody have files of Tumours or Puke On My Corpse? Please? Sorry I’m a grub, can’t even finish a decent ranking list anymore...

P.S. Nechronology looks like a badly planned box set, but that Retrocuts CDr is the worst collection of tracks exclusively from his weakest tapes in my opinion.
SILVUM
user

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2018, 05:39:19 PM »

id trade Tumors if someone has old Japanese noise i dont have or some Sam McKinlay works im missing.

silvum.bandcamp.com/
silvum.tumblr.com/
instagram.com/the_silvum
nick-henry.bandcamp.com/
terminus01

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 10:36:33 PM »

does anyone have a copy of 'unplugged,' the DBL tape on deadline?

https://www.discogs.com/Dead-Body-Love-Unplugged/release/618696

i have a copy of the reissue version, but the dub was of such a low quality that i re-mastered the tape myself to hear it more properly. it was enough for me to discern that the tape is one of his better works, alongside 'tumours,' 'emetic,' 'erase the body,' the a-side of 'crossfire' and several others ...

PedestrianOrgans
user

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 03:23:36 AM »

Tracked down a copy of Arabia Terra, super pleased about it as it’s definitely  in line with the quality of the classic 90s tapes.

Oleoresin Capsicum makes me laugh every time, that logo looks like a deli or some mom-n-pop restaurant hahaha.
PedestrianOrgans
user

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 12:06:24 PM »

Ok I really should’ve made that connection
Bloated Slutbag
Diehard user

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2018, 04:15:29 PM »

that Retrocuts CDr is the worst collection of tracks exclusively from his weakest tapes in my opinion.

Hold on a sec. Retrocuts has two cuts from what remains to this day one of my all-time faves: Horrors Of The Human Body, including the lengthy opening track- which for me is a kind of study in perfecting the idea of "suffocating" electronics. Plus- and I'll need to refer back at some point to the original tape as its been a while- but I'm pretty sure I thought Stand In Blood, two cuts from which are featured, was also a pretty ace DBL offering. Which leads me to ask- is it the original cassettes that are so despised, or is the criticism based on the digital Retrocuts reissue- which I haven't heard but of whose quality I am quite skeptical. I once came across a rip of HOTHB and it was simply... a horrifically poor facscimile, imnsho.

Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag
PedestrianOrgans
user

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 12:06:05 AM »

“Horrors of the Human Body” is definitely solid noise, I just think it’s not HIS best. I suppose it’s a question of relativity, because you’re right pretty much everything DBL is worth listening to immediately. I just think there’s a lot missing from that particular compilation that could’ve been there, and my personal LEAST favorites were included, so.

However, I don’t own an original of “Stand In Blood”, so I’ll admit my initial sentiments on it might be because of shit-quality rips.
DSOL
Heavy user

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2018, 02:47:09 PM »

Maximum Dose is my personal favorite

"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"
PedestrianOrgans
user

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2018, 02:36:50 AM »

I’m all about Repugnance
FallOfNature
user

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2020, 02:49:05 PM »