DAVID GILDEN

Started by ANDROPHILIA, December 29, 2015, 07:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acsenger

I keep reading about how good Texas Chainsaw Dopefiend is. Any news about when the CD reissue, and also the Gilden box set will be out (both were mentioned on this forum years ago)?

PTM Jim

Quote from: acsenger on April 28, 2018, 12:18:17 AM
and also the Gilden box set will be out (both were mentioned on this forum years ago)?
Still waiting on a few masters to be unboxed for me. I don't want to have it finished and have other things surface.

PedestrianOrgans

Oooh, is that box actually coming to fruition maybe?? Sign me the heck up.

impulse manslaughter

More info would be nice!

Bloated Slutbag

Get thee behind me, Satan!
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

PTM Jim

Not much info to give other than it will be pretty massive (at least 15 C60-C90s). Material will range from hard to find material, solo side projects and private releases. Things like TCDf WILL NOT be included because of it's ease of access and Monorail eventually doing a remastered CD version. Still figuring out the art and box, but those will come later.

Theodore

15 C60-C90s ?!! At least ?! Fucking god ! This is going to be legendary !
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

PedestrianOrgans

Every tape-hungry noisehead is going to shit themselves

dogcw

Thought the Trash Ritual guy had all Gilden's masters along with a ton of other MSNP and Deadline stuff? Is he just randomly starting to unload stuff he has no intention of doing anything with? Seems kind of strange after all this time, would be curious to know exactly what's in this supposed box.

Lazrs3

On the strength of the write up in the last Special Interests on David Gilden's - Texas Chainsaw Dopefiend by Hal Hutchinson I ordered a copy of the tape off Discogs. When I first looked there was nothing available, when I looked a few weeks later this had come up. I am very excited to hear it, I didn't even take the free download off the website. I look forward to getting this bigtime, just got that feeling you do when I read the review.

I hope the box comes into fruition for sure.

acsenger

I keep waiting for the CD reissue of Texas Chainsaw Dopefiend on Monorail Trespassing, although last May the label said it had been put on hold. I hope it will come out in the not too distant future.

cr

3 tape boxset - Narcotic (Various Noise Works) on Dead Mind Records/Narcolepsia. Looks great, sounds great. Get it!

pureterror

A CD reissue of Temporary Sedation - originally released on cassette by Lasse Marhaug's TWR Tapes in 1996 - is currently at the pressing plant and will be released on Troniks this summer.

muppet1

Quote from: pureterror on June 12, 2020, 07:42:48 PM
A CD reissue of Temporary Sedation - originally released on cassette by Lasse Marhaug's TWR Tapes in 1996 - is currently at the pressing plant and will be released on Troniks this summer.

Great news!!

Lazrs3

I missed out on the tape set, it sold out quick. But thanks to HH's thing on him in SI, I am grateful for the material I got.