DAVID GILDEN

Started by ANDROPHILIA, December 29, 2015, 07:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANDROPHILIA

Performance artist/musician from Houston, Texas known for his wild shows and excessive drug abuse. Born on June 1, 1973. Died on April 6, 2008. (from discogs)

i've met this artist never know before. Very impressive artist.
i think deserves reissues for long time soldout tapes. ( my opinion )

someone have experience about Dave Gilden?

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

whiteheatnoise

A legendary, influential and mysterious figure of 90's American Noise. I don't know how many times I've listened to Texas Chainsaw Dopefiend over the past year, probably hundreds. It's hard to listen to new noise when you have perfect and timeless classics such as that.

Don't know if this has been posted here before, but here is a nice resource for some hard to find and out of print Gilden and related material:

http://davidgildennoisearchive.weebly.com/

Baglady

Reissues would be great, sure. The Dopefiend tape is available from time to time from Mr Stella though. Same goes for some Slave Labour material.
There are a handful of Black Leather Jesus recordings featuring Gilden as well, and they're still easy to find; the pic LP on Praxis Dr Bearmann, Torture Machinist (reissued as CD on Industrial Recollections).

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: Baglady on December 29, 2015, 08:07:20 PM
Torture Machinist (reissued as CD on Industrial Recollections).

yes i have it. I had not noticed the credits

there's a tape in slaughter prod. catalogue.
material for Urashima maybe?
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

dogcw

There is a reissue of TC Dopefiend coming on CD, I think Jon from Pedestrian Deposit is doing it?
I was lucky enough to acquire copies of the Sawgasm and Slave Labor "A Sick Cow" tapes earlier this year. Both total classics. His stuff always sounds legitimately dangerous, and made by someone not so stable in one way or another, but with complete command over what they're doing.

bitewerksMTB

I traded with him & met him once but I don't remember anything specific about him.

terminus01

the TCD reissue will come eventually, but it has to be right. under-appreciated 90's noise genius that fits perfectly with evolution and contemporary methods; would certainly be appreciated by the current generation. trash ritual has all gilden's master tapes, but hasn't done anything with them. would be nice if they were forwarded to someone else.

i'm curious who's behind the weebly page, but i haven't attempted to make contact. there's some great unreleased sessions available for download there.

totalabuse

Trash ritual guy is "underground" or something right ??

Steve

I've had this Dave Gilden / Dachise split 7"EP on the Dutch New Noise label (Peter Zinken's label) since release in the 1990's. Never knew who Gilden was, thanks for the information.

FreakAnimalFinland

I recall there was David Gilden appreciation thread back in the noisefanatics days. I managed to get basically master CDR of one David Gilden tape from TWR Tapes. Tidal Wave Recycling was Lasse Marhaug's label back in 90's and seems so obscure/overlooked that many of labels releases do not appear even at discogs where most stuff seems to get listed...

I did re-issue of Egoproblem "Exit Tape Kill" tape on CD (Industrial Recollections). It's old Marhaug project after Herb Mullin, but before changing to publish under his own name. Pretty much industrial-noise vibe on it. Some talk was about David Gilden tape, but the man is dead. I've heard some quite amusing stories of his drug-frenzied behavior.

Tape on TWR is not as good as Texas Chainsaw Dopefiend or Depress-Regress.

One should not forget his many collaboration projects with Ramirez. Slave Labor and Lingula. What I remember hearing first, is Bondage Harvest I think he was member. I have very very vague feeling it was more band line-up, kind of Swans influenced stuff heavy and slow bounding. I remember 1990 demo was reviewed in some metal magazines who didn't like such "mindless noise".
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Zeno Marx

I've been under a rock.  Never heard of him.  Looking forward to the exposure.  It's great to know there are potential gems left to be unearthed.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

totalabuse

I ways wonder if TCDF is so good because Stella edited it too... ????

whiteheatnoise

Quote from: totalabuse on December 31, 2015, 01:49:41 AM
I ways wonder if TCDF is so good because Stella edited it too... ????

I would say there is some definite truth to this statement. I haven't heard too many of his other works other than TCDF, but what I have heard I can say there is a marked difference, at least with the editing style, in comparison to other works.