KKK: images, papers, flyers

Started by Antica Landa, December 12, 2015, 02:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antica Landa

As many of you already know, many P.E. (and related) "bands" use or have used KKK imaginary (for example X.E. or Zyklon SS, but I think many more).
I would like to ask if somebody here has suggestions about where KKK documents, papers, flyers (and so on) can be found (apart google images, of course).
I'm also looking for videos and/or good books.
Thanks.

P.S.: I hope it is the right "Discussion".

tiny_tove

Amazon!!!

I got some original stuff when researching terrorism and radicalism in America. Every now and then you can get original versions of Thomas Dixon's the Klansman, ecc.

I read several books on these misfits, but one that definitely impressed me was Hooded Americanism by David H. Chalmers
http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00HCOMFQ4/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1 and another one written by an insider, focusing on the second wave of Klan in the 60's. I cannot recall the title, but I can let you know tomorrow when I visit my parents.
I think I still have several interesting documentaries in vhs, next time you visit we can browse through my VHS archive and copy from there if I still have them.

Regarding this, does anybody know the titles of KKK related movies from the 40's/50s? I am trying to remember something I have seen as a kid, but I only know it covered the subject...
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Antica Landa

Quote from: tiny_tove on December 12, 2015, 05:05:31 PM
Amazon!!!

I got some original stuff when researching terrorism and radicalism in America. Every now and then you can get original versions of Thomas Dixon's the Klansman, ecc.

I read several books on these misfits, but one that definitely impressed me was Hooded Americanism by David H. Chalmers
http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00HCOMFQ4/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1 and another one written by an insider, focusing on the second wave of Klan in the 60's. I cannot recall the title, but I can let you know tomorrow when I visit my parents.
I think I still have several interesting documentaries in vhs, next time you visit we can browse through my VHS archive and copy from there if I still have them.

Regarding this, does anybody know the titles of KKK related movies from the 40's/50s? I am trying to remember something I have seen as a kid, but I only know it covered the subject...

I was thinking that Amazon was too "mainstream" for these things, but I'll give a look. If I'm lucky enough I'll find real copies of these books (Hooded Americanism seems to be only in kindle format and pay about 19 euro for a pdf... well, no thanks).
Let me know the title of the other one, I'm very interested in it.
And sure, when I'll come back in Como I will be very happy to do this quest!

Thank you, Marco.

Anyway, the only movie I can remember is Mississippi Burning, but it is quite recent ('88, LOL).

P.S.: Found many titles on Ebay.

bitewerksMTB

"A Secret History" documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cayCYpxtIyo

There's quite a few books on the subject. I would imagine most are profusely illustrated.

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Bob

Black Leigion looks like it could be good I think they were some kind of KKK spin off group
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0zeR0SPt9U0

KillToForget

I've got this book "the invisible empire" by Anthony s Karen. It's a bunch of KKK photos, mostly a bunch of meth head looking guys and a wedding. Might be up your alley

Antica Landa

Thanks everyone for all the infos, much appreciated!

Antica Landa

Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on December 13, 2015, 11:57:36 PM

Hooded Americanism by David H. Chalmers

is a photo/illustrated book ?

Received some days ago. There are many photos/illustrations, but it's mainly written.
I suggest to buy it, it's very interesting.
A book made completely of photos is "Invisible Empire", as written in a precedent post.

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: Antica Landa on December 26, 2015, 07:05:14 PM
Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on December 13, 2015, 11:57:36 PM

Hooded Americanism by David H. Chalmers

is a photo/illustrated book ?

Received some days ago. There are many photos/illustrations, but it's mainly written.
I suggest to buy it, it's very interesting.
A book made completely of photos is "Invisible Empire", as written in a precedent post.

[/quote

thanks mate
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: Antica Landa on December 30, 2015, 09:42:01 PM
Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on December 29, 2015, 11:18:22 PM

More info?

amazon review says

In the 1960s, on the heels of the Brown vs. Board of Education decision and in the midst of the growing Civil Rights Movement, Ku Klux Klan activity boomed, reaching an intensity not seen since the 1920s, when the KKK boasted over 4 million members. Most surprisingly, the state with the largest Klan membership-more than the rest of the South combined-was North Carolina, a supposed bastion of southern-style progressivism.

Klansville, U.S.A. is the first substantial history of the civil rights-era KKK's astounding rise and fall, focusing on the under-explored case of the United Klans of America (UKA) in North Carolina. Why the UKA flourished in the Tar Heel state presents a fascinating puzzle and a window into the complex appeal of the Klan as a whole. Drawing on a range of new archival sources and interviews with Klan members, including state and national leaders, the book uncovers the complex logic of KKK activity. David Cunningham demonstrates that the Klan organized most successfully where whites perceived civil rights reforms to be a significant threat to their status, where mainstream outlets for segregationist resistance were lacking, and where the policing of the Klan's activities was lax. Moreover, by connecting the Klan to the more mainstream segregationist and anti-communist groups across the South, Cunningham provides valuable insight into southern conservatism, its resistance to civil rights, and the region's subsequent dramatic shift to the Republican Party.
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)