FFH/Richard Dunn

Started by Peterson, April 22, 2015, 04:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peterson

Is anyone aware of any interviews with this person/project? I like what very little I've heard, and the description "revisionist power electronics" is quite interesting. Since there's so little information out there, anything helps. Thanks.

aischrolatreia

All that juicy gossip aside, he's been pretty active the past couple years with playing shows around the Northeast. Don't really have any other information, hopefully some new material surfaces soon.

Recent live video from July, you can't see anything but the sound is pretty good-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxIc5APAc78

tinnitustimulus

Last time I saw him he was in the Baltimore supergroup MECCCA with Crumer, Gene Pick and Trogpite. He is indeed the quiet type and can't imagine there would be a lot of interviews of him, though I think it would interesting if someone did a good one, he has seen a lot.

bitewerksMTB

I don't like the direction he's gone in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URFt8ceATRs

Did anyone complain about FFH playing KKK songs at Summer Scum?

aischrolatreia

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on April 24, 2015, 08:31:30 PM
I don't like the direction he's gone in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URFt8ceATRs

Did anyone complain about FFH playing KKK songs at Summer Scum?

No, surprisingly. People even cheered.

sterilization

That's awesome.

Would you attribute this to blissful ignorance, or does dude just get a pass from certain people?

bitewerksMTB

I think using Johnny Reb songs in noise is just, you know, ironic.

Could an owner of the LP please post the lyrics for "Hitler Jugend Dagger"? I'm curious about the lyrics as the title is odd & the opening is about a guy with a shotgun.

It's too bad the LP wasn't a larger pressing as it's his best work, so far. I just have a download of it.

online prowler

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on April 24, 2015, 11:11:02 PM
I think using Johnny Reb songs in noise is just, you know, ironic.

Could an owner of the LP please post the lyrics for "Hitler Jugend Dagger"? I'm curious about the lyrics as the title is odd & the opening is about a guy with a shotgun.

It's too bad the LP wasn't a larger pressing as it's his best work, so far. I just have a download of it.

That's a tough one.. Most likely it was executed w a wiiide grin, yea? If not... the use of "hate symbolics" could be understood as showing utter contempt / hatred for the contemporary. Mere speculations here ...

Leci n'est pas une KKK. Je suis FFH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URFt8ceATRs  Last FFH album was a bit too popy for me, but I enjoyed the crunchy sub-end electronics. I recommend it to the hardcore fanatics. Very controverisal lyrics on this one. Its about sucking corporate semen while saying no to the man.  

WineVomit

simulacrum

If no one posts the lyrics before I get back into town on Tuesday, I'll post them.

collapsedhole

"Make Them Understand" - probably the best PE Hospital ever released, really a great record.

I think all the old tapes are short enough for vinyl re-release....someone should get on that.

sterilization

sorry, so huge.

as you can see, the intro really has nothing to do with the lyrics.

agreed on the sentiment of this being the best PE release that hospital has ever touched, aside from a couple of choice re-issues.

i absolutely cannot wait for an LP (2xLP???) re-issue of all of the other material. it has to happen, right?

burdizzo

Oh, I wouldn't say the intro. has nothing to do with the lyrics. Perhaps you meant the title has nothing to do with the lyrics?

sterilization

Seriously?

No, my perception is the exact opposite of yours. The intro sample is very obviously from modern times and is focusing on someone running from the police.
The lyrics have an old time, militaristic feel. To me, they are like a descriptive "stat sheet" on what could be the owner of the titular hitler youth dagger. Documentation from a file for a rising star in the ranks, if you will.

burdizzo

Sorry, yes, you're right - don't know what I was thinking. The intro sample, of course, has nothing to do w/ the rest of it. I thought you meant the first lines of the lyrics. I was out late last night...
Actually, I always imagine he's on about an I.R.A. quartermaster, or somesuch, in the lyrics - especially considering he had a 7" about the I.R.A., as well. But who knows?!