TOWER TRANSMISSIONS V - 25th/26th September 2015, Dresden, Germany.

Started by towerpromotions, April 11, 2015, 01:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vomitgore

Both definitely yes! And Sick Seed and/or SSRI would also be more than sweet.

By the way, this is the best TT lineup ever, great work.

towerpromotions

Confirmed: CLINIC OF TORTURE(fin)

Harsh noise project of Mikko Aspa (Clandestine Blaze, Fleshpress, Stabat Mater, Deathspell Omega, etc.) with violent power electronics touch. Sound of CoT is created without overdubs and recorded to analogue tape. Despite or maybe because of simple and "primitive" recording methods, result is very powerful and refreshing in times of digital and hi-fi noise. CoT sound is filled with harsh electronics, junk metal, feedback, agonizing voice of tortured females, whipping, etc. Themes are influenced by s/m, torture, and abuse.

http://www.cfprod.com/fa/cot.htm

towerpromotions

Final act confirmed: BASTARD NOISE(usa)

Exclusive gig, Power-Electronics set.

http://www.bastardnoise.com/

Guldur

Great we couldn't have better companions from contemporary power electronics. Looking forward to present the best we can do.

L.White

Dear friends, dear customers,

We´re proud to present you an nice festival advertising and new release announcements for L. White Records!

TOWER TRANSMISSIONS V
A 2 day private event of Power-Electronics/Industrial/Dark Ambient/Avant-Garde

https://www.facebook.com/events/494730134007907/502177936596460/

25th/26th September 2015
Club Puschkin
Leipziger Strasse 12
01097 Dresden / Germany

GENOCIDE ORGAN (D)
BASTARD NOISE (USA)
IN SLAUGHTER NATIVES (S)
INADE (D)
SARDH (D)
GOATVARGR (S)
CLINIC OF TORTURE (Fin)
BIZARRE UPROAR (Fin)
C.O. CASPAR (D)
DIVISION S. (I)
PUCE MARY (Dk)
MAGADAN (Cz)

DJ\'s: Lerry D. (L\'affaire fatale, Wiesbaden), DJ Robotka (Klanggalarie, Vienna), Herr Roth (Lärmbelästigung, Leipzig)

We are delighted to announce a special 5th edition of the Tower Transmissions Festival.
This year the festival is collaborating with renowned Power Electronics label L.White Records.
The label will be presenting their line-up on day 1 of the festival.
L.White Records was responsible for the legendary Consumer Electronics festivals in Berlin from 1999 - 2006.

Tickets on sale.

Price: €60

email towerpromotions@gothic.ie stating name, number of tickets and preferred payment: Paypal or Bank Transfer (all extra costs on both methods must be paid by purchaser)
or email info@lwhite-records.de

email towerpromotions@gothic.ie mit Name, Ticketanzahl und Bezahlmethode: Paypal oder Überweisung(alle Extrakosten trägt der Käufer)
oder email info@lwhite-records.de

As we expect this event to sell out, ticket reservations cannot be made.
If you order tickets please pay within 5 day or the tickets will go back on sale.
Thank you.

Wir erwarten für TTV einen Ticketausverkauf. Reservierungen können nicht vorgenommen werden. Wenn Ihr Tickets bestellt, zahlt diese bitte innerhalb von 5 Tagen, ansonsten gehen die Tickets zurück in den Verkauf.
Vielen Dank!

Tower Promotions&L.White Records

New announcements on L. White Records:

coming soon (please order in advance)

LW088 ZHELEZNYY
Terrorism Amwerica
CD lim. 100 / DVD slimcase packaging

LW089 IRIKARAH
Mechanized Copulation
Triple CD lim. 100 / DVD packaging

LW090 VILGOC
Eliminate The Target
CD lim. 100 / DVD slimcase packaging

Please order/wholesale and requests to:
info@lwhite-records.de

When you´re no more interested in our newsflyer, please just send us a mail to unsubscribe the newsletter!

best regards L.White
www.lwhite-records.de
info@lwhite-records.de

meretrix

Hi all.

It would be great if Sektion B plays there :).

best.

L.White

SEKTION B has played there on TOWER TRANSMISSION II in 2012

towerpromotions

Less than a month to go until TOWER TRANSMISSIONS V -
only 50 weekends tickets remaining!

Pre-sales will end on the 17th September. Limited day tickets available at the door only.
Day reservations are possible at: towerpromotions@gothic.ie

(Collections until 7 p.m. at the box office. Uncollected tickets will be put back on sale.)
We are happy to have many more international visitors again this year - but from wherever you are we looking forward to see you at the festival!

Til then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wZ0RBH9Wug

towerpromotions

RUNNING ORDER:*

Friday 25th:

Main Stage:

Magadan: 19.00
CO Caspar: 20.00
Clinic of Torture: 21.00
Inade: 22.00
In Slaughter Natives: 23.20
Bastard Noise: 00.40

The Red Room:

18.00 - 23.40: L. White Sound System
23.40 - 05.00 Herr Roth

Saturday 26th:**

Main Stage:

Puce Mary: 19.15
Bizarre Uproar: 20.15
Sardh: 21.20
Genocide Organ: 22.40
Goatvargr: 00.00

The Red Room:

18.00 - 23.00 DJ Robotka's Klanggalerie Sound System
23.00 - 05.00 DJ Lerry D., Herr Roth

*All times subject to change
**Due to circumstances beyond Tower Transmissions control Division S. will unfortunately be unable to play.
Because of the short time frame we were not able to find a suitable replacement.

vomitgore

Just on my way home and thought I could use the time to share some thoughts.

Friday started off with Magadan, who did a pretty standard PE set with female vocals. Seemed to me like the overall concept was inspired quite a lot by GO and similar projects. Vocals were a bit too modified to be powerful enough and I found the sounds a bit too monotonous, but all in all OK for a starter act.

After skipping C.O. Caspar (too goofy for me), Clinic of Torture appeared. Starting out with very Industrial-style, calm and structured sounds with carefully planned metal percussion and getting progressively harsh towards the end, Mikko managed to present something highly unique . I needed my time to get into it, but the last 10 minutes were marvellous. Sadly, the heavy smoke buried the background video so that it was close to invisible from my standpoint. Bummer.

Inade, as I have decided now that all is over, were probably Friday's winning act. Nice, deep structures presenting the parts of the project's discography I favour most and seekingä constant progress with hypnotical sounds. Tasty!

As I had said in a few discussions with other Noiseheads, I was pretty certain that In Slaughter Natives would either be brilliant or really bad. However, I was surprised to see that it ended up being mediocre. Basically same strengths and weaknesses that are known from their studio releases, good sound interaction, but the vocal Performance was too tame and sabotaged by unwanted feedback.

Bastard Noise had a nice on-stage presence and raw vocals, but the sounds were a bit too glitchy and digital (regarding the style). I had the feeling that the set was based in improv, resulting in the fact that a few really strong parts were cut off too quickly.

For me, it is safe to say that Inade and CoT were the only really good Friday acts, but Saturday was a completely different matter. I didn't expect much from Puce Mary, as I am not too fond of most of the studio releases so far. Certainly not bad, but apart from the very decent releases on Freak Animal, just not my bag. BUT, the actual performance knocked me out cold. Frederikke delivered GREAT vocals with a lot of devotion and backed them up by precise sounds. These were calm at some times and utterly violent and intense at others while still maintaining a red line that ran through the whole set. Good enough to impress even the most critical of listener.

Puce Mary would have easily been my favourite, had it not been for the Finnish beast Bizarre Uproar. I gladly plead guilty to F&V fanboydom, so this report is far from neutral, but still: hot damn. The first track offered a slow, painful and suffocating buildup until an utterly harsh and brutal version of "Must be Ready" kicked in. Pasi screamed his lungs out and delivered a perfect vocal performance while Pekka did Bass and Metaljunks. "Musta Vittu" was hypnotically filthy and "Kusi Paska Veri" served as the perfect climax of a set that encorporated everything that modern BU represents. The backing Video was basically a compilation of past clips and images, so it was also nothing short of flawless.

Sardh was the second act of the Festival I skipped, in order to have a few chats. Next up was Brighter Death Now which replaced Genocide Organ. I think the beginning  was somewhat messed up due to sound problems, but full quality was achieved quickly. Same set as in Mannheim, but, for some reason I cant exactly point out, inferiour to it (but still very good). Drunk and slightly chaotic - a trademark of BDN, for me - but still dark, menacing and sharp. Guest appearance by Puce Mary who was playfully maltreated  (Pulling hair, deepthroat with mic etc.) by Roger. The fact that some people loved and others downright hated the show suits BDN perfectly, in my eyes.

Mr. Nordvargr ended the evening with his project Goatvargr. The sounds were pretty clean and structured  (maybe sometimes bordering on EBM territory, heh), but some harsher frequencies and Nordvargr's vocals and presence made this one juicy enough to watch until the end. Solid, but not as good as the Folkstorm set he did in 2013.

Overall atmosphere and venue were great, but this shouldn't be news to anyone who has ever attended TT. Hoping for another one next year!

Ernpe

Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/