FILTH&VIOLENCE

Started by XE, July 31, 2010, 12:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HateSermon

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on July 22, 2019, 06:52:39 PM
Filth & Violence releases are what got me into power electronics and noise.

This. Still my favorite label.

DSOL

thanks
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: HateSermon on November 24, 2019, 12:27:51 AM
Filth & Violence releases are what got me into power electronics and noise.

This. Still my favorite label.

Which of the associated bands do you enjoy the most?  I have tried to listen to as many of them as I have been able to, but am still far from checking them all out.

XXX

i cannot recommend the Snuff - Male Supremacy 7" enough. Snuff are amazing but that one takes the cake for me.

FreakAnimalFinland

SNUFF Male Supremacy 7" is great.
I would rate the very first SNUFF LP among classics of Finland, but also very very high on global level too. It is not often when such painful material is being done.

SICK SEED probably triumphed with their two last albums. After having such a long "career" behind, I guess it is hard to create fuzz and enthusiasm putting out good album on CD. I am confident that these two masterpieces have been largely ignored because there has not been tape or LP. Yet both, Prison Songs and Power Play are like absolute peak moment of Sick Seed. If anyone has ignored these just in hopes of LP version... as far as I know, they are not coming. So grab these before too late. They are filthy and violent, but also creative, innovative and full of great sounds, textures, compositions.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ProgeriaYouth

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 27, 2019, 10:17:57 AM
SICK SEED probably triumphed with their two last albums. After having such a long "career" behind, I guess it is hard to create fuzz and enthusiasm putting out good album on CD. I am confident that these two masterpieces have been largely ignored because there has not been tape or LP. Yet both, Prison Songs and Power Play are like absolute peak moment of Sick Seed. If anyone has ignored these just in hopes of LP version... as far as I know, they are not coming. So grab these before too late. They are filthy and violent, but also creative, innovative and full of great sounds, textures, compositions.

100% agreed. Found it strange to sell so few copies of these in the distro due to incredibly high quality of the material but as you say, probably ignored due to format.
Noise Label: http://www.turgid-animal.co.uk
Black Metal Label: http://www.legion-blotan.co.uk
Email: George.Proctor AT Gmail DOT com

Peterson

I've got a bittersweet feeling that Sick Seed more or less peaked with The Great Corrupter. While Prison Songs and Power Play certainly maintained the innovation, creativity and unique/special quality his work is known for, TGC has something a lot of this music lacks: songwriting. While I still grab anything from this project with frenzied enthusiasm, TGC might be one of my favorite albums of all time. One that's difficult to subsume in terms of quality, simply because of how considered and slaved over every element feels.

As far as CDs go, Sick Seed is perfect. Less collector-friendly format for such thought-provoking sound; invites repeats when left in player.

XXX

Quote from: Force Neurotic on November 27, 2019, 02:51:32 PM
Sick Seed - The Great Corrupter

still readily available in 3 formats on discogs for very reasonable prices.

HateSermon

All great suggestions.

Vihanmiehet is an excellent project. Something that has been on constant repeat at home. I find myself grabbing for that CD over other releases lately - any recommendations of similar sound are welcome.
Other than that, I'm mostly listening to Bizarre Uproar (especially live material). XE and Snuff, with some beers, for some true depravity.

Balor/SS1535

SNUFF Male Supremacy 7" is great.
I would rate the very first SNUFF LP among classics of Finland, but also very very high on global level too. It is not often when such painful material is being done.

Quote from: Harvest on November 26, 2019, 10:22:21 PM
i cannot recommend the Snuff - Male Supremacy 7" enough. Snuff are amazing but that one takes the cake for me.

"Male Supremacy" is an awesome release.  Great noise, and fitting lyrics.  Though I would say that I enjoy Snuff's "Drive" much more.

As for Sick Seed, I never really cared for what I heard on either of those albums, but really liked the fragments that I have heard of "The Great Corrupter."  In particular, "The Most Heinous Crime of them All," as I love the piano loop.

Bacteriafield

For those interested I do have hymenal opening - red hymen cds off
F & v latest batch. Pasi  just sent me another 20 copies via trade. US and Canada people only bacteriafield@gmail.com
Down for trades ect

KillToForget

Everyone should pick up that cd

Fistfuck Masonanie

Quote from: Bacteriafield on November 28, 2019, 07:26:49 AM
For those interested I do have hymenal opening - red hymen cds off

Just got my copy recently and couldn't believe how good it is! Highly recommended.

Also, do any US distros have the Bizarre SS CD in stock? Having trouble finding it state side.

Hatefukk

It looks like Malignant has the Bizarre SS cd in stock. https://www.malignantrecords.com/

Salute

I especially liked the the XE / Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes split (its a shame that this is so difficult to find!)

Just noticed news that there is apparently an official reissue coming (on vinyl?) through Goatowarex/Viva Angel Press. And yeah, this is a great release! I love Reek of the Unzen Gasfumes!