CON-DOM "Shards Of Ordnance" (industrial recollections)

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, December 17, 2014, 05:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Dr Alex on December 26, 2014, 11:39:57 PM
Just got my copy and looks beautiful but... I got 2 same cds! Fuck!

It's isolated incident. This copy was sent before "official" shipping date and forgot to check inside just to be 100% sure all ok. All copies will be checked before they leave that discs are correct. Very easy to see as one says "I" and other says "II".
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Dr Alex

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on December 28, 2014, 10:37:52 AM
Quote from: Dr Alex on December 26, 2014, 11:39:57 PM
Just got my copy and looks beautiful but... I got 2 same cds! Fuck!

It's isolated incident. This copy was sent before "official" shipping date and forgot to check inside just to be 100% sure all ok. All copies will be checked before they leave that discs are correct. Very easy to see as one says "I" and other says "II".

As I said, no any problem. I just wanted to blast it asap. Package looks very very beautiful. Can't wait for other Con-Dom releases!!! Especially for "Colour Of A Man's Skin". One Spanish asshole ripped me off for that release a year ago. Fucking cunt!!
What's in the plan to be re-issued?

Andrew McIntosh

Don't know what it is about the postal service between Finland and La Bas, but I just got my copy today.

Packaging is excellent. Not only because of the obvious amount of care and finances put in, but because of its simplicity, starkness and durability. Not sure what Dando's doing on the cover apart from me believing the photo was taken at a gig, but he does look a little worse for wear. The included material is diverse but also relies on a kind of minimalism. I've got a couple of Con-Dom flyers somewhere which are a bit more up front but no less clean in lines. Of interest to me was the book extract describing the deaths of Australian journalists at the hands of Indonesian soldiers in East Timor, when Indonesia invaded the little island after the Dutch packed up their flags and fucked off. That incident is something of a local legend, and it was poignant to me to see the few sentences that pointed out that the then Labor government, headed by the oft lauded Gough Whitlam (who died last year and was orated mightily), knew that the invasion was on and said and did  fuck all except for recognising Indonesia's "right" to claim the place. I've got a slight personal stake in this issue - friends of mine were in East Timor when they voted to leave Indonesia's grip in 1999, and had to literally run for their lives from the drug-fucked militias, supplied with drugs and machetes by the Indonesian army, who came in the aftermath.
 So - Con-Dom has made me think.

Soundwise, this is as diverse as Fearless Leader promised. Remember when "noise" and "power electronics" weren't in such distinctive camps? Dando is from that time, he created that time. There's material on here that let's you know that Industrial, Noise, Power Electronics were the umbrella under which a mighty camp of crack pots created serious disturbing sound. One of the things that's always defeated me about Con Dom is what his sound sources are. Apart from the obvious samples, and apart from his patented ultra-flanged vocal effect he uses sometimes. Synthesisers? Most definitely, but nothing so trade-mark and typical. Electronics? Clearly, but what? People closer to the source could tell, but I don't really want to. My first exposure to Con Dom was listening to Ulex Xane's late and lamented "Noise Kills" radio show, and having no idea what the fuck I was hearing, I wanted to keep it that way. To me, the Con Dom sound will always, I hope, remain a mystery.

But it's not just his sources, it's his production. If you (wisely) got any of the self released tapes, some of which are still available, you'll hear the ghastliest ruckus ever recorded onto a walkman or Scotch tape or whatever the hell he used. There's some evidence of that on this release, although pieces like "True Faith" sound a tad more pristine. A tad - this is all very relative. It's not that Dando doesn't care about how he records, it's that he does very much, and seems to realise that when something has been recorded in the sewers of Hell, then by Satan it had better sound that way even if it's digitised and put out on a double cd release years later!

Although the whole is divided into thematic sections ("Violence", "Philosophy", "Nihilism", "Faith" etc). the core theme throughout, to me, seems to be an ossifying between the perspectives of the ruler and the ruled. This is, of course, the central concept of Control Domination, Victor Victim, etc. A concept Dando has long said is limitless and can never be depleted. But the clarity on this release is between such pieces as "The Perfect Anarchist" (a rather clever little piece of spoken word) and "Leader", Dando's homage to the Il Jon dynasty and its glorious workers revolutionary glorious onwards towards the final victory glory. There is none of the racial politics or serial killer/pervert issues previously explored in Con Dom's canon.  This release, at least, is about the world around us at large.

But, even so, this is also about civilisation and its discontents, the individual versus every other individual and every institution millions of every other individual have built and maintain. "I don't have a message". And we all know that's the message. Or, if we don't know it, we feel it.

Destroy what destroys you.

(There's an easter egg in this post).
Shikata ga nai.

FreakAnimalFinland

I promised shipping date first thing in january, but as realized it's too many order to pack in one day, send some of the stuff before christmas and before end of year and finally most of the rest in mentioned official shipping date or day/two later. Will reply all bending mails as soon as possible..

jadderly

FreakAnimalFinland

Malignant Records (CD and tape)
Analog Worship (tape)

Now, tape edition is sold out. Or lets say, there are bunch of orders that are not paid, so we'll see if some will go back on sale later.
CD is still available.

martialgodmask

Got this last at the weekend, have it say it is a really, really great package for audio and presentation.

jadderly

Listened to disc one so far. Good stuff, great looking overall package.