Operation Cleansweep

Started by XXX, July 23, 2010, 05:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXX

Probably my favorite group as of late, I know they've been mentioned recently elsewhere and had a few questions. Is the CDr version of Powerhungry worth finding? I've only heard the LP version. Does any live footage exist online of them? Any info about this obscure project would be greatly appreciated.

FreakAnimalFinland

CDR is packaged in metal box with blood splattered white paper glued around it. "artwork" is just text printed on white paper, smeared with blood. It surrounds the box in a way that makes it sealed. you have to cut it open. Which I haven't done yet, so don't know what exactly is inside. This was just something to be sold in Japan, wasn't it? If you have LP, CDR seems unnecessary to pay top $.

I remember talking with Tesco about my appreciation towards this release, and they mentioned originally material was C-90 tape. All tracks were edited = cut half to fit to LP. Don't know if extending tracks to original length would be good or not, but perhaps if Tesco would ever to re-issue album on CD, maybe it could be in original length.

I know plenty of people who keep saying O.C. was never that good, and kind of replicating ideas of some others, but I personally value it very high. Heard it right place and right time. I think perhaps the Inade/O.C./Anenzephalia CD is little out of focus, but all the vinyl is excellent. Perhaps due very small output, it's one of the very few bands I totally nerdly collected all versions of releases..

"Power Hungry" sampling comes.. I think exclusively from Blood In The Face document.

I saw band live once. But regret being drinking plenty of beer after my own set, so all I can remember is sickening amount of smoke at the venue. No recollections of any of the songs they played.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

jc

it isn't really worth seeking out imo. the extended versions on the cd in total add up to just a couple minutes more than the lp.

bitewerksMTB

I never got the 7" that was rel'd by a US label (?) & the live LP on Xn pissed me off as it arrived all split open as the vinyl wasn't secured or even in a white sleeve so it split the cover seams open. I like the debut LP & 12". I've seen them twice; God Blast America & a couple months later at Deadly Actions. D.A. performance was better with backing films but we (Me, Mikko, Strom.ec, vocalist of Kickback, & prob someone else) didnt watch their entire set. I remember 'LEARN TO BURN' on the backing films...

Are they still active?

P-K

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on July 23, 2010, 10:16:34 PM
I never got the 7" that was rel'd by a US label (?)

Label:Kaos Kontrol

Powerhungry is one of the best 'german pe' releases ever made.....i'm not interested in big $$$ for a cdr-in-a-tin (like Anenzephalia's live cdr's), but an extended cd/cassette version would be nice. a tape on Xn maybe?

trashritual

As mentioned previously "Powerhungry" CDR contains extended version of all tracks. Other than "Can You Wake Up?" original LP edition is missing minimal amount of material. The only material of interest to myself was "Powerhungry" and "JerUSAlem" with slight preference to the later.

Saw them live in NYC a few years ago but due to "issue" with venue (if you could even call it that) sound volume wasn't best. Venue was actually just a restaurant with empty backroom split by curtain. Unfortunately the owner didn't understand what he signed up for and loud noise started to turn away customers from the restaurant portion which lead to quite shitty low volume of sound. At some point during Navicon Torture Technologies set owner came in and physically turned down overall volume. Was a complete embarrassment and overall disappoint. There was supposed to be a second day lined up at same venue which was moved to a private gig at Tesco USA bunker. Sound was much louder and even had a Gift performance (possibly still the only one?) which was more interesting to myself. I don't remember exactly length but quite a bit of unreleased material was performed as well. While new material was a bit more "beat" driven sound was still quite muddy and raw. Hopefully this material will be released at some point.

With that being said there is strong recommendation for Gift "Shoah" 7" EP. Despite limitation the release also seems to sell for around what it was originally sold from label as.

assemblyofhatred

I got the CDR in their Japan live 2007.
The CDR with no any printing artwork on the CDR , and there's a sticker on the case :

Operation Cleansweep
Powerhungry

Originally released 1996 as Tesco 028
TESCO ORGANSISATION GERMANY

extended edition of 100 copies
you copy is
OPERATION CLEANSWEEP RECEIVING CENTRE 2007

In the show they sell around 18Eur for the CDR also the bring some LP for sell

burdizzo

Not all of the CDr tin boxes had blood on them. I suppose whoever was doing the bleeding, 'bled' out... Also, the holder for the disc on the tin can cause the CDr to crack if you're not careful. An extremely powerful release, and I must admit, I sought it out just because I thought it was so brilliant, and I had to have both versions!
I went to London one time to see them live, but there was a problem w/ the sound gear, and by the time it was sorted out, most people had left. Personally, by that time, I was quite drunk, and the set was pretty weak. A lot of smoke, and I think just the I.T. guy on his own. Very disappointing.
On the other hand, they were - along w/ Genocide Organ - the best at the recent Tesco Festival. Really made me hanker after the old days, and wonder if they'll be doing something else. Does anyone know? I know Contrastate have a new one, and I heard Mike Dando saying he was doing new stuff, as well - so with them being in such top form, I just hoped they'd come up w/ something else.
What did anyone think of the Singular Cleansweep Operations CD? For me, it was only 'OK' - competent, and made all the right references - but lacked some vital ingredient to give it that old urgency. A bit half-baked. I mean, there's no reason we should have expected it to have been in exactly the OC style, but then, why hint at it in the project's name?
As others have said, 'Powerhungry' and 'JerUSAlem' were their best releases, but I also loved their compilation tracks on 'How Terrorists Kill' and that 10" - 'When all the brothers are silent', I think the translation is.

tiny_tove

does anybody have a current reliable contact with them? -their stuff is not currently at my place and I would need to get in touch with them. thanks
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

bitewerksMTB

You may write Tesco & they can forward your msg/addr to them. That's what I had to do when I had contact w/one of the members. Like they're super radical & do not want to take chances or something.

tiny_tove

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on January 21, 2013, 01:23:25 AM
You may write Tesco & they can forward your msg/addr to them. That's what I had to do when I had contact w/one of the members. Like they're super radical & do not want to take chances or something.

ok thanks. we met several times during the years, but lost all contacts with them since I changed mail!
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

burdizzo

KMusselman, I hope you enjoy that three-way split they did w/ Inade and Anenzephalia, but I must say, I think it was easily the worst thing they put their name to. Some people liked it, I know, but I thought the sounds were too distant and, consequently, boring.

bitewerksMTB

I think I have that GIFT 7". If anyone needs it, drop me a line. I'll sell it cheaper than the dealers on discogs.

jesusfaggotchrist

i would like to score some of their stuff for a reasonable price