Final Solution (NYC Power Electronics)

Started by Peterson, November 13, 2014, 03:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a_2_g_2

Quote from: Major Carew on May 20, 2016, 07:48:45 AM
Not sure what boxed set you're referring to, but there could (potentially) be some more unreleased material in the works re. live recordings and rehearsal recordings.Yet to confirm though.
I was referring to the one mentioned here:
Quote from: Coma Detox on November 13, 2014, 05:17:40 PM
I remember a few years back there was talks about a Final Solution boxset, but I think it was shelved after Greg Scott passed away.

@totalabuse Ha I've been trying to track one down. How'd you get your hands on that?

totalabuse

Friend had one he got from a collector... He offered to sell... I got a grip of AWB stuff that way... almost have a full collection including the Black Corps Zine

a_2_g_2

Quote from: Peterson on June 21, 2016, 03:29:45 AM
To those who've heard the live recordings from Half/Dead and (PA)in Demons 7/12 - is it just me, or does it sound like during some of EJ's rants/speeches, the other two are interrupting him with noise and cutting him off? Pretty funny. A couple of times, he starts his sentence over more than once.

Ah yes Ej's talks in between songs are always a treat.

A personal favorite:

"we're gonna do a song, its a brand new song here, beautiful song, its about anybody who's had enough, of enough, of enough..... this ones called horny and angry"

the audience comments are great too, like when they saying "louder! louder!"

PuddysJacket

Been a while, any news on the boxset of stuff that barely anyone has ever heard? Agreed with everyone else, best PE of all time.

Major Carew

Quote from: PuddysJacket on December 23, 2020, 08:03:12 PM
Been a while, any news on the boxset of stuff that barely anyone has ever heard? Agreed with everyone else, best PE of all time.

Promo information plus some other images my colleague made of track titles from the recordings. Plan is to release each of the live tapes quarterly.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Major Carew on December 23, 2020, 08:22:01 PM
Quote from: PuddysJacket on December 23, 2020, 08:03:12 PM

Promo information plus some other images my colleague made of track titles from the recordings. Plan is to release each of the live tapes quarterly.

The cover designs on these look awesome.

Major Carew

They're not the cover designs, as I mentioned they are just promotional images my colleague made that were put online recently. The tapes will all have a simple uniform layout, with respective information for each live appearance & any necessary extra information, but all will be very simple in appearance.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Major Carew on December 24, 2020, 11:28:14 AM

They're not the cover designs, as I mentioned they are just promotional images my colleague made that were put online recently. The tapes will all have a simple uniform layout, with respective information for each live appearance & any necessary extra information, but all will be very simple in appearance.

Even so, they look great.  Very direct and effective.

Major Carew

First in the live series of FS live tapes now available, see New Releases section on this forum.

Lazrs3

I had the two releases on Der Bunker and didn't take to them so I gave them to a friend, started listening to Hydra a lot collecting all his stuff as Greg Scott was in Final Solution too, that made me want to listen to FS again as Hydra made a big impression. I rebought Half Dead and was a lot more receptive to it, probably because of Hydra, both are ace projects. Great news about the live tapes.

A side question if anyone knows, with FS around in some form live, will there ever be any new studio recordings?

PTM Jim

Quote from: Lazrs3 on January 24, 2021, 01:38:05 PM

A side question if anyone knows, with FS around in some form live, will there ever be any new studio recordings?
Doubt it. No Gregg Scott, no true FS.

Eigen Bast

tape sounds killer, vocals rip right through and the banter with the audience is great "you like movies? Taxi Driver? A Clockwork Orange? Salo?". Love all the "LOUDER!" shouts from the audience. Fukkin gimme some live noise this year for christssake!

Lazrs3

I got the first of the live cassettes and do like it a lot. I definiteley want to get them as they come out. Look forward to the CD Phage.