PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NerveGas

Phocomelus - Gross Indecency CS

Tumbling, harsh, thick, and squishing static. Close and direct. The sounds of a frantic Morse code telegraph blasting out a jumbled message as the bombs fall. Not a lot of variation, but when the note that you're hitting is good, does it matter? I have enjoyed everything I've heard from this project. This is no exception.

Metsäkirkko - Löylystä Ja Luonnosta CD-R

A lot of different sounds here all while maintaining a meditative and spiritual aura. Droning ritualistic vocals and tribal drumming. Even some vaguely rock sounding parts that almost bring to mind Hawkwind or Amon Duul II (maybe a stretch but that's where my mind headed). These elements are also paired with creaking industrial cave echoes, and it never sounds disjointed despite the variety of sonic tools at work.

MAGNETIC IRRITATION RECORDINGS

WEBSTORE - www.magneticirritation.com
CONTACT - magneticirritation@gmail.com

Theodore

Totaly unrelated to noise, but i am drunk and in nostalghia mode, so excuse me, here is the best greek rock, -wave [dont know how to categorize it exactly] record ever, and the album i have listened most times in my life. Even that it was the only tape in the old junk Mini Cooper of my friend when i was 18, and we had it on repeat on our rides for a year [?] would be enough.

Μωρά στη Φωτιά (1988) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6HMS67bVEw

Still strong ! - I remembered the WCN interview where the Clipping guy talks about an album that its lyrics came to his tongue automatically when he listened it although he thought he had forgot them. That's the case for me here.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

FreakAnimalFinland

There is some talk onforum about great project names . I know Putrefier ain't that fond of that name anymore. In english it feel fine, if it was translated to Finnish, I could have second thoughts too, hah.. But in English, good name! Ethnic Acid - when I first got the first tape, it happened in time when EA had not existed for years. I had no idea who was Ethnic Acid. All I knew that tape RULED, and name and artwork Ruled. For years and years I wondered what is Ethnic Acid and who is it. Eventially I got in my hands issue of Grim Humor magazine, where was interview with JFK/AX - Anthony, and was mentioned that back when he was like 15, he had this project called Etnic Acid. I was then talking with mr. Con-Dom who told yes, indeed, EA was great and really damn good. Nobody remembers it. More years pass by and eventually I actually got in contact with artist and did reissue sort of (artist selected) best of double CD. It is really good, but not entire documentation of how killer project EA was.
Same with Putrefier. There is 3 full CD's on Industrial Recollections, but besides that, there exists Putrefier / Ethnic Acid tape. 1987, UK industrial-noise, may we call it power electronics, full lenth C-45 tape. Really brilliant, but as far as I know, nobody who has say in it, wants it to be remember or reissued. In my mind, if there is best UK late 80's stuff like this, this tape belong among the list. All real deal Birthbiter tapes should have light green paper (influenced by Broken Flag blue). Complete label discography is gold. If you see this tape available anywhere, its worth money they ask for it....

23 Artaman label "THE HUNT" comp tape.
C-60 from 1987, The Grey Wolves related. Tape is all charming industrial tape scene stuff. Some raw, some beat stuff, very much the late 80's spirit. Oddity being UK artist song titled "Finnish Trip", what the hell... I would assume tape ain't very largely available, discogs says someone bought it for 120euro, damn.. No recollection when and where I bought this, but it is number 16.

Blood Cement "The hand that considerately kills" tape
Warcom
I don't know how many guys here appreciate Warcom Media. It was so demented mix of humor and... other good things. When label called quits about 20 years ago, I bought ton of stuff and unsold was supposedly thrown away. I still got couple items remaining, but no problem. Stocking Men Among Mice for 20 years, why not!
Blood Cement has really great harsh noise tracks that are really killer stuff. Then you got odd experimental industrial-soundscapes, and suddenly comes narration "country song, take one!"... and really comes acoustic guitar and odd effected singing. Warcom discography is full of this type of weirdness, that totally lacks in vast majority of contemporary noise. If someone would put out box of Robert X Patriot, not sure if it would be bestseller, but certainly there would be one guy in Finland buying copy...
Among the last things, Beau gave interview to Degenerate! -zine. You could feel his lack of interest in noise.  I wonder if he is still around somewhere or retired totally unreachable.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

HateSermon

Last Rape / Bizarre Uproar - Collaboration Reissue (Summer Interlude Records)

I was excited when this was recently reissued and was able to grab one of the cassettes off of the label's bandcamp. Got it in the mail today and things don't look great.
Images on the jcard appear to be stretched and do not match the original artwork - some of the juicy filth you'd expect from a F&V collage have been cropped.
Also looks like the art may have been .jpegs pulled from online and not scanned from the original... even the text is pixelated, except for the title on the spine, which I believe was added to the design by Summer Interlude.
Cassette is unmarked on both sides.
Not here to totally tear this label apart but fuck. You're reissuing BU and Ramirez! Would it have been too big of a chore to get original scans of the jcard?
Sound on the cassette is just okay. B side squeeks.
Curious who else has their copy and what they think of it.

FreakAnimalFinland

I assume back cover is removed? If so, I could estimate it is for good reason, hah.
There are many untold stories of Finn nasty noise, which maybe will make interesting stories some day in distant future.
Front cover is indeed stretched into different dimensions. Original has the front pictures covering entire front, and band logos in spine. Now pictures squeezed out-of-dimension so logos are in front. Weird.
I have the original, but one has to remember when hunting the originals, that for example this tape has pretty quiet and lame dubbing. I don't remember when exactly, but soon after this one, F&V started to do pro-dubbed tapes with better sound. So reissue may be good simply due better sound?
Early phase, like very first F&V were regular norelco case. Then influenced by IOPS label, he also started to use soft poly-box, and that era of tapes is the most striking. Utterly fierce home made b&w xerox covers (he had big xerox machine at home), hand cut into almost right size and shape, stuffed into soft poly box. There are couple releases that are not listed anywhere, but would have to ask artists if "private releases" are still private.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

absurdexposition

Kate Rissiek - Decayed Signals LP (Virtues, 2022)
Incredibly dense and heavy from the get-go. Forces you into some kind of state for a time before fracturing with piercing frequencies. Big winner!

Tinnitustimulus - Scrinj Maas CS (Monorail Trespassing, 2022)
Bennett tapping the 90s Merzbow vein with energetic harsh assemblages of shrieks and whoops and ringing whirls crashing for magnetic tape.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Fistfuck Masonanie

Quote from: HateSermon on November 22, 2022, 01:22:10 AM
Last Rape / Bizarre Uproar - Collaboration Reissue (Summer Interlude Records)

I was excited when this was recently reissued and was able to grab one of the cassettes off of the label's bandcamp. Got it in the mail today and things don't look great.
Images on the jcard appear to be stretched and do not match the original artwork - some of the juicy filth you'd expect from a F&V collage have been cropped.
Also looks like the art may have been .jpegs pulled from online and not scanned from the original... even the text is pixelated, except for the title on the spine, which I believe was added to the design by Summer Interlude.
Cassette is unmarked on both sides.
Not here to totally tear this label apart but fuck. You're reissuing BU and Ramirez! Would it have been too big of a chore to get original scans of the jcard?
Sound on the cassette is just okay. B side squeeks.
Curious who else has their copy and what they think of it.

Initially, I was a little soured by the really poor reproduction of the artwork. It's rough for sure. However, I think the dub is fine and especially based on what Mikko said about the original being poorly dubbed to begin with. Certainly not the best reissue around but still happy I grabbed it and really enjoyed the tape after spinning it. My B-side sounded OK and not "squeaky" so maybe I just got lucky.

Funny how the master is hard-panned and Last Rape is all left speaker and BU is all right speaker. The Last Rape contribution feels like "foundational" material, anchored textured wall that very well supports the pretty active BU side of ranging metal abuse, feedback, and vocals. Solid release!

Also, worth noting. Feels like there are two songs per side as there are definite hard stops and starts on both side A and side B even though there is only one "song" title per side.

-NRRRRK-

Taint - Recycled (RRR)
Got it from Sentimental Youth and played it for the first time yesterday. A side is a mix of feedback, some out of control synths, some special interest (no pun intended) adult-entertainment samples and some vocals. One long track. Side B is another long single track, but this time it is more tape-loops, sounds of sawing something, a lot of more "organic" and "in the room" noise. Both tracks have a collage-feel to them and a very good flow. What really takes it away is the sound. It's murky, filthy, saturated, with strong mids but not too much definition in the highs. I really love that. Makes the material sound even more obscure. The WCN podcast episode with Roemer came to mind, where he talked about recording deep in the red and the effects of tape saturation. Excellent tape.

morbid_dyspepsia

Quote from: NerveGas on October 28, 2022, 09:28:51 PM
Anal Drill - Stimulating The Masochist CS

Crushing Ramirez noise. Not wallish or static. Occasional phaser sweeping and warbling laser beam feedback. Active and exciting. Plenty of range while still remaining heavy and punishing and possessing the perfect amount of analog tape crud sound. Some brief agonized vocal sounds in places even which are super welcome. Tasteful use of vocals in harsh noise? Never a problem for me if done correctly! Overall monster of a release. Classic!

Absolutely fucking essential Ramirez !! The absolute best of his in my opinion !

morbid_dyspepsia

Prick Decay – Escape To The Depository Of Shotgun Strap-Ons

Heavily layered 90's four-track recorded noise; goofy vocals, distorted vocals, sax, keyboards, flute, water pouring, field recordings, clatter, awful percussion... so many things chucked into a blender over the course of this 1hr 47min bender it's hard to keep track. Not as good as "Mud Sound For Car Stereos" that came from these guys three years later but still a wild ride. Another piece to add to the one day museum of Chocolate Monk. 8/10.
https://youtu.be/m-mZNOaxspo

Star - Life Goes On (Side B)

What sounds like beautifully crafted tape and /or sampler manipulation. Excerpts from 70's film nostalgia are repeated and jumbled up in different formations. New slices of sample drift in and out in a disorganized array but can still be considered easy listening. The layering and constant remixing of said samples add to further confusion. Familiar patterns are still apparent as the tape warp seems to become more noticeable. Cosmic tape warp becomes so sparse that eventually turns into a dim light and eventually transforms into an explosion of lo-fi static noise for the last 10 mins. I want to hear Side A! 9.5/10 for sure.
https://youtu.be/57qRoPzQ5So

NerveGas

Quote from: morbid_dyspepsia on November 25, 2022, 05:07:36 AM
Quote from: NerveGas on October 28, 2022, 09:28:51 PM
Anal Drill - Stimulating The Masochist CS

Crushing Ramirez noise. Not wallish or static. Occasional phaser sweeping and warbling laser beam feedback. Active and exciting. Plenty of range while still remaining heavy and punishing and possessing the perfect amount of analog tape crud sound. Some brief agonized vocal sounds in places even which are super welcome. Tasteful use of vocals in harsh noise? Never a problem for me if done correctly! Overall monster of a release. Classic!

Absolutely fucking essential Ramirez !! The absolute best of his in my opinion !

It's definitely one of the best in my mind as well. Really exciting release.
MAGNETIC IRRITATION RECORDINGS

WEBSTORE - www.magneticirritation.com
CONTACT - magneticirritation@gmail.com

Manhog_84

Rudolf Eb.er – Om Kult: Ritual Practice Of Conscious Dying Vol. I-III

This has been on a heavy rotation lately. High pitched squealing, drone, rumbling, distorted voices...All tracks flow to each other smoothly. I used to have the Joke Lanz split LP. Brown record that had to be played from the center to edge. I sold it but regret now! Maybe I thought it had too much air in it...long pauses with nothing and then suddenly weird noises. Om Kult is a lot different and it's probably my favorite recordings from the artist. All in neat digipaks. I have mainly listened this while working remotely and there doesn't seem to be much difference between the records, but it's easy to listen these in a row. 

Rudolf.Eb.er - Meditation on a Broom Stick

Lot more aggressive than Om Kult. There is one extremely annoying track but otherwise this is great. Love those screaming parts.

Lunar Womb – The Sleeping Green

When I read that this is some sort of dark keyboard music from the 90's, released by Hospital and nice green covers, it got my interest. Well...it's a bit too cheesy fantasy music. There are some nice parts and it has a sort of medieval atmosphere. Last bonus track is quite awful and doesn't really fit in.

morbid_dyspepsia

PLAYLIST 26-11-2022

Not that it matters - STAR and WORTH are in their own league and should be acknowledged for that...

Aside from that my playlist has been; Snobb Slakt, Kerno (GR), Merzbow "Solonoise", Pain Appendix sources, Psychward Sources, Macronympha "Baroque", Frank Zappa & The Mothers, Atrocious Madness "Total Control", Kano, The Germs "Let's Pretend", Xantotol (POL), Fukkheads (AUS), early Suzanne Ciani, Forbidden Temple (BEL) "Demo II Promo", Sleepchamber "Succubus" multiple different versions

Zeno Marx

Ah Cama-Sotz - La Peste 1997

If there is a thread on more deserving of interest, this guy should probably be mentioned.  I know there is one for Japanese noise, but in a larger sense?  I never listen to Ah Cama-Sotz.  In my mind, they're a comp project that is most notable for being associated with early Ant-Zen and Hands.  Those comp tracks are often good, if not very good, but it's still not a project that sticks in my associative block chain.  Part of that is albums that go all over the place.  You know, like Coil and Controlled Bleeding.  I don't have a problem with beats, or even dancy rhythms, but when you're rolling along with quality ambient/death industrial/industrial work, and then you toss in something other, it often loses me.  Though, I'm more forgiving these days than I once was.  I'm more willing to roll with it.  All to say that AC-S is loaded with quality material.  There must be at least 30 albums.  Maybe they're more revered in the rhythmic noise world than in the industrial?  I could hear fans into Deutsch Nepal, Hybryds, Rapoon, Megaptera, Stratym Terror being into them.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

-NRRRRK-

Merzbow - Animal Liberation (Until Every Cage Is Empty)
Loving the title and artwork so it was a quick process to decide to order the new Merzbow album. Five tracks, clocking in at about 50 minutes total. Tracks are kind of similar, with a rumbling, darker layer in the background. Mostly made from synth-loops or maybe even some "musical"-loops. The dark stomping sounds evoke some pictures of slaughterhouses, so the maybe that was the intention? At least they provide a somehow structured foundation to add some higher-frequency layers on top. Distorted electronics and feedback, fed into a filter for movement and dynamics. In some tracks there seems to be some sheet-metal work too. Listened to it a couple of times during the weekend and I still enjoy it a lot.