PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: HateSermon on October 19, 2022, 09:19:58 PM
Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on October 19, 2022, 06:53:08 AM
Quote from: TS on October 18, 2022, 05:08:57 PM
Any other recent or old heavy duty synth projects I might have missed? Suggestions very welcome.

The ZSS live albums are great if you like GO.

Yeah, listening to Spectacle Of The Triumph now and plenty of deep, nasty grinding synth.

It makes me wish that there were live recordings of some of his less song-oriented material.

Black Psychosis

[/quote]
It makes me wish that there were live recordings of some of his less song-oriented material.
[/quote]
Do you mean like Hal Hutchinson own name material? If so Hal Hutchinson live in Finland 2016 tape is amazing.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Black Psychosis on October 20, 2022, 01:16:46 AM

[/quote]
Do you mean like Hal Hutchinson own name material? If so Hal Hutchinson live in Finland 2016 tape is amazing.
[/quote]

I haven't heard that one yet, but I guess that it sort of scratches the same itch, so to speak.  I like the HH studio albums.  I was thinking more along the lines of the material on Anti-Personnel Explosive Device, though, now that I think about it I think he might have somewhere?  I recall some sort of teaser track more along the lines of early ZSS being posted a while ago, but that might have been for a new studio recording.

ekastaka

Quote from: TS on October 18, 2022, 05:08:57 PM
I have listened to a fair bit of Sarin Snow. It's pretty good shit. Sometimes I wish the vocals were less effected, it takes away some of their potency I think. Nevertheless, the project often satisfies that need for heavy synth action. Natural Architecture and Deus Vult both hit that spot.
Have you listened to the three most recent releases - Mighty Blood, Yuhun Gyosukai, and the Totenrune split? Superior to the earlier material. I believe they're all on YouTube.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on October 20, 2022, 04:21:51 AM

I haven't heard that one yet, but I guess that it sort of scratches the same itch, so to speak.  I like the HH studio albums.  I was thinking more along the lines of the material on Anti-Personnel Explosive Device, though, now that I think about it I think he might have somewhere?  I recall some sort of teaser track more along the lines of early ZSS being posted a while ago, but that might have been for a new studio recording.

Unlikely much to come anymore, like discogs page informs, all recording and label activity ended in 2021. I think it is good time to grab any of his items now, as availability hardly guaranteed later.  HH's Cold Industrial Experience ‎CD, as much as it may seem self promotion , I would say stands out nicely! It has kind of not songy' but structural feel of ZSS, but spirit of HH's works of industrial-machinery noise loops etc.  Kind of blends in noisier industroal what ZSS did in first recordings, with what HH did with less harsh, more bleak industrial.. almost like finding the unification. If one doesn't like aesthetics of ZSS, this should work still fine!

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 20, 2022, 08:47:53 AM

Unlikely much to come anymore, like discogs page informs, all recording and label activity ended in 2021. I think it is good time to grab any of his items now, as availability hardly guaranteed later.  HH's Cold Industrial Experience ‎CD, as much as it may seem self promotion , I would say stands out nicely! It has kind of not songy' but structural feel of ZSS, but spirit of HH's works of industrial-machinery noise loops etc.  Kind of blends in noisier industroal what ZSS did in first recordings, with what HH did with less harsh, more bleak industrial.. almost like finding the unification. If one doesn't like aesthetics of ZSS, this should work still fine!

That's extremely disappointing if ZSS will be ending.  Now that you mention it, I recall noticing a few days ago that he took down his label page on Soundcloud.  I had thought he teased a few upcoming releases in the semi-recent past?  I was hoping to at least get a follow-up to the XE collaboration.

You are right about Cold Industrial Experience, I enjoyed that album a lot.  It had a very nice mix of synth/metal, which I think makes it a bit different from the other material that he has released under his own name.  Dedicated to Damage was excellent as well, though that was much more focused on metal noise than ZSS ever was.

ekastaka

Bummer to hear about ZSS ending. Definitely one of the top contemporary projects. Iron Division was an instant classic for me. The project had a good range of sounds where you could get your fix for cleaner more refined PE (Racial Supremacy) or go towards a more abrasive approach (Klandestine Aktion). Nigger Torture Chamber stood out as a mid point between the two especially with the track Descent Into Death - the scrap metal on that just does it for me.

NerveGas

Rompimento Auditivo – DT / Demostraçao CS

One may be tempted to think noisecore when first viewing the spiky logo and Xerox layout. I got this with a stack of South American noisecore tapes, so that's also fitting. However, this is quite simply stuttering, sputtering noise. Hectic and obnoxious. Occasional vocal-ish sounds, but ultimately just low-fi jerking madness. 5 short songs. Very quick and to the point. Have another tape of their's among the piles. Will have to dig it out.
MAGNETIC IRRITATION RECORDINGS

WEBSTORE - www.magneticirritation.com
CONTACT - magneticirritation@gmail.com

HateSermon

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on October 20, 2022, 06:19:26 PM

I was hoping to at least get a follow-up to the XE collaboration.

Or the collab with Rodger Stella. I remember reading about something with Streicher in the works too?

NerveGas

Wince - The Older Generation LP

Thick fucking slabs of crumbling noise on each side. In the recent White Centipede Noise podcast interview with Stewart Skinner there was talk of getting away from texture. Of course, an interesting notion, as I think a variety of approaches, assessments, and basis for ideas is key in the vitality of underground or experimental music. However, that does not speak to me having any bias against texture as it's most commonly understood. All rambling aside, this release rides the idea of texture hard! Super heavy static avalanches with piercing feedback peaking through only to be suffocated by the churning and bubbling. Minimal but large. And matched with equally minimal yet eye catching layout.
MAGNETIC IRRITATION RECORDINGS

WEBSTORE - www.magneticirritation.com
CONTACT - magneticirritation@gmail.com

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: HateSermon on October 20, 2022, 09:29:28 PM
Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on October 20, 2022, 06:19:26 PM

I was hoping to at least get a follow-up to the XE collaboration.

Or the collab with Rodger Stella. I remember reading about something with Streicher in the works too?

Yes, that's what I was thinking of too.

Baglady

NAJ & GOVERNMENT ALPHA - The Declining Sun C60 (Xerxes, 1997)
Excited to lay my hands on the GA - Xerxes box as soon as I can. This is an old Xerxes title that isn't included though.
Side A has Naj treating GA's sounds. Vast lunar scenes with an ominous nerve to it. Clouds of super fine static sprayed out into space, feedback beaming, pulses pulsing, engines... engining. Hard not to just drift away to. Deep, rich and very very evocative. Truly magnificent. A mystery why I haven't picked up anything by Naj solo. Oh well...
Flip over and Government Alpha goes harshnuts apeshit with raw and acoustic sounds from Naj. Quite the contrast! It's an interesting collision, especially as Yasutoshi lets those sounds be as they are to a surprising extent, just tossing them around with his own electric fire in an almost haphazard way. A different side of GA. Great great stuff. The winner here is Naj's take though.
Stellar collaboration.

TS

Many thanks for the suggestions. How could I forget about ZSS? I have most of his releases I think, except the live recordings. I did however have the pleasure of witnessing one of the legendary finnish cargo gigs. A great memory for sure. I will definately have to check out Cold Industrial Experience.

Regarding Sarin Snow: Yes. I'll need to listen again but my first reaction was that I preferred the earlier recordings. Less polish and more charm, maybe? I'll go see if I can find  the Totenrune split, haven't heard that one.

Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on October 18, 2022, 06:00:41 PM

Shameless plug:

https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/album/les-nouveaux-moralistes-2

Good stuff! Some ecstatic moments and nice textures here, and always nice to hear french vocals done in this style. Was this done on a modular?

Kropper uten Mellomrom

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: TS on October 24, 2022, 02:47:02 PM

Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on October 18, 2022, 06:00:41 PM

Shameless plug:

https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/album/les-nouveaux-moralistes-2

Good stuff! Some ecstatic moments and nice textures here, and always nice to hear french vocals done in this style. Was this done on a modular?

Thank you. There's some modular action but not all the time, and most of what you would imagine is modular synth more than likely isn't and vice versa, haha.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

FreakAnimalFinland

Out of town until end of month. No possibility of physical records, but ended up listening today couple classics from tube.
Incapacitants - Feedback of N.M.S. -  is one of absolute favorites in their discography. It is the era I heard first, and that insane sound of multuple simultaneous high pitched feedback tones is something you rarely ever hear anyone doing. Vocals on the live track are insane, and also noise unusually fierce. Recent vinyl reissue makes it physically available, that is great. Couple CD versions exists, but never been that widely distributed by western noise distros.
And I can tell it is not that I would have not tried. Only couple times managed to actually get reply and order huge pile of Alchemy stuff. Most of the time, no reply whatsoever. This was already back when label was active. I think Jojo mentioned in old interviews that Japan is their main market, and he was surprised by some 90's labels who actually sold very little to Japan and most copies to US and Europe. Incapacitants is total ripper and I albums like As Loud As Possible sure are heavier and more bass-loaded, but in terms of noisiness and absolute harshness, Feedback of N.M.S. is vastly more brutal noise album. I guess some of the later albums have more classic status simply because they were far more widely available in west?

Masonna "madamoiselle anne....." CD. I can't fully decide is it this, or Noskl in Ana that is my absolute favorite of Masonna. Both are CD's that have so much memorable moments that kind of define what is Masonna - for me. Before and after he did great recordings, but some of early ones he felt like still technically not yet reaching his peak, and later on, the freshness started to go away, and more linear approach. At least based on gut feeling. It is absolutely mindblowing to think, only one CD version done in 1993 and never re-released!? While most of stuff before and after has been done....
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net