Special Interest
October 25, 2021, 05:21:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 556
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 3241997 times)
implicitruin

« Reply #1080 on: May 17, 2011, 05:03:10 PM »

Grunt / Cloama "Valkoinen Kuolema / Belyi Smertz", CD (Freak Animal)
Great split album, this is how PE is supposed to sound. Concept and topics here are similar to "Petturien Rooli" I believe,
namely the Finnish Civil War. Many of the tracks feature voice samples that I guess come from these times or describing them from a later date.
I would say there is a clear distinction between the respective styles of Cloama and Grunt, but they melt together really well here.
Perhaps could be said that Grunt has a little more noisier approach than Cloama, whose sounds are more analog synth based.
Do correct me if I am wrong (I find it a little difficult sometimes to properly describe the various sounds in noise and power electronics).
This album would definitely deserve a re-issue at some point, but seems like it is quite available still to this day.

Cloama "Death Certificate", 7" (Freak Animal)
As a follow up to the previous CD mentioned here, this is one good seven inch. I especially like the first track and its unplugged
approach. However, any more words from me are redundant. Get this one! It is perfect for the 7" format.

Romance "Live : Gateshead / Newcastle / Glasgow", 7" (Harbinger Sound)
I guess this is what is refered to as cut-up harsh noise? This is very good stuff, I would say a bit reminiscent of some Bizarre Uproar
material. Felt like it was very short in length, almost too short. It definitely left a taste for more.

Ennio Morricone "Sacco & Vanzetti (Original Soundtrack Recording)", LP (RCA Records)
Obviously not noise, but if one likes Morricone, this is essential. Interestingly, there are a few parts on here that has some
kind of experimental electronic approach. I would not go as far as to call the sounds "industrial", but perhaps proto-? Without
roots in the industrial music genre, it is maybe not legitimate to give it an industrial label, but nevertheless out of the ordinary
in this context. It was made in 1971.

I would be very curious to hear more unmusical electronic recordings from this period in time and earlier. If someone could
give me a few pointers it would be much appreciated.
P-K
« Reply #1081 on: May 18, 2011, 04:02:28 PM »

Maska Genetik : strada  lp ........EARGASM
Harvest
Heavy user

« Reply #1082 on: May 18, 2011, 05:38:35 PM »

been waiting for more seems like forever will have to pick this one up immediately
P-K
« Reply #1083 on: May 18, 2011, 07:10:05 PM »

been waiting for more seems like forever will have to pick this one up immediately

instant goosebumps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBCk3L1tMcY
SafeWord
« Reply #1084 on: May 19, 2011, 04:35:17 AM »

Currently listening to Grunt - petturien rooli through my headphones at high volume. Great work and very different from what I have been listening to lately, the noise and artwork go so well together, dragging images of war into my mind.
icepick method
moderate user

Show me your spine

« Reply #1085 on: May 19, 2011, 06:47:19 PM »

instant goosebumps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBCk3L1tMcY
Wow, i need this.

Industrial-noise zine archive http://shock-corridor.blogspot.com
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #1086 on: May 21, 2011, 09:12:12 AM »

FACTOR X "Directions" LP
Where did I get this? I guess bought from RRR while ago? There is funny thing about this, that since I heard 1994 Self Abuse compilation "Soundtrack for the end of the world", I was so blown out by Factor X on that CD, that I always bought what I could find, but even if liking it, it wasn't the same. Or as good. And just about every time, I remember that fuck, it was NATIVE X on that Self Abuse comp, not Factor X. And next time same thing happens again! And this has happened several times.
Who's Native X? I don't know. Did they do something as good as that comp track? I don't know, but at least they have the role of inspiring to get completely unrelated, but still good band releases by "accident".

So what is Factor X? Lets see:
Reissue of old Factor X tape from the 80's. Top-class crude no-fi voice and tape yuck by this much underrated UK project. A genuinely strange record. Limited edition of 200 copies. Recommended for fans of Mlehst, Schimpfluch and tape collage noise.

"A great collaborator and all round cassette scene protagonist who provided Bandaged Hand with the Runzelstirn & Gurgelstock / Factor X / AMK "Helicoptor" remix, a Mlehst / Factor X collaboration cassette and various source material contributed by Factor X for Mlehst recordings... Once a great introduction to a slurry of weird location recordings, for someone who was integral to the scene, never really talked about these days." - Mlehst.

Was his interview in old issue of Work In Progress or such UK industrial magazines? I remember I was pretty inspired about his method of physical tape collages. I mean, cutting up regular C-cassettes and taping them back together from short slices and using that as master. Most definitely also this LP sounds unlike people would do in computer/sampler assembled collage sounds. Weird, crude and disfunctional and genuinely rough.

Re-issue is simple as fuck. The original tape J-card glued on white LP sleeve. Tape label stickers glued on LP stickers. Meaning kind of 1cm x 10cm slice. It's quite unusual to have totally unaltered tape artwork as LP.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
Ritual
user

« Reply #1087 on: May 22, 2011, 03:24:14 PM »

IRM "Oedipus Dethroned" 2CD (Autarkeia)
Classy reissue of this great album, now as a double CD in nice glossy, black digibox. The bonus CD is a reissue of the CDr "An act of self-mutilation is an act of freedom". Even though I think IRM has become better and more interesting since they became a trio, there's no denying the greatness of this album. I hadn't heard the CDr before, so it's really nice to be able to get hold of those recordings.
implicitruin

« Reply #1088 on: May 22, 2011, 06:34:13 PM »

Came to think of it since it was recently mentioned in the thread,

V/A "Soundtrack for the End of the World", CD (Self Abuse Records)
What has kept me for so long from listening to this? Don't know, but decided to give it a spin now.
Classic compilation featuring Con-Dom, Taint, Macronympha, The Haters, Aube and more.
I guess this is a pretty good introduction if one is not that familiar with all the acts participating.
The fourth track, "Ouns're Method (May 11:00 am)" by Runzelstirn & Gurgelstøck has to be one of the
strangest songs. Shifting from whistle to uncontrolled screaming to folk melodies to dog barks to
frog's croaking in the background to obscure, disturbing vocals and more... The fuck? Vacillating from
occasional hilarity to complete insanity, that in the end leaves you kind of dumbstruck.

Allegory Chapel Ltd. "Trip", TAPE (Sound of Pig)
The first side of the tape is one single, long track. For a large part driven by a sparse bass loop with
lots of spacey sounds on top of it. Quite meditative in a sense, or ritualistic if you like. A pleasurable listen.
The second side has shorter tracks, more harsh and intense, and a greater use of samples. There is a heavy
focus on loops, especially on the final track, both in terms of samples and other sounds. I suppose that the title
is related to being under the influence of psychotropic agents and the sounds being a reflection of that.

Allegory Chapel Ltd. "Confirmation", TAPE (Sound of Pig)
This is a tape with much variation. Sometimes a lot heavier than "Trip", noisier with an industrial touch,
sometimes almost 1980's synthpop style in terms of rhythms. At times it's difficult to discern what is
sampled and what are original compositions, but it doesn't matter at all. In this case it has given several
tracks a cinematic feel, like for example the first track on side B. Originality and greatness are not necessarily
equivalents, but on "Confirmation" they definitely do coincide.
What other releases by Allegory Chapel Ltd. are recommended apart from these two tapes?

Corpuscle "Loam Drape", TAPE (New Forces)
Neat, short tape of harsh noise with frustrated, screaming vocals. Some calmer parts but mostly intense.
Zeno Marx
Overkill user

« Reply #1089 on: May 23, 2011, 09:29:35 PM »

Allegory Chapel Ltd. recommendations:
When Angels Fall
Excursion into the Pit

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #1090 on: May 24, 2011, 08:33:53 AM »

*BT.HN / Sistrenatus CDR good stuff. Perhaps better than their albums?!

*BODY CARGO "wasted flesh / recycled" 7" good again! Better than stuff before or maybe it's that 7" allows repeated plays to really get into material?

*GEROGERIGEGEGE "sexual behavior in human male" 7". Finally got the vinyl version, and as far as I know, completes my Gero 7" collection to as complete as it will ever be. I don't expect to find Live in Tokyo Gay Center acetate (ltd 10) or Ai-Jin flexi (25 remains?).  Now I regret strongly I didn't buy Showa LP from Osaka record store when I saw it for 70usd. It's not that good, but while being just couple steps away from complete, sometimes little collector mentality hits in.. hah.. This 7" is punk rock meets experimental sexual audio. No noise.

Ashmonger
Diehard user

« Reply #1091 on: May 24, 2011, 01:34:34 PM »

Steel Hook Prostheses - Light Reflected From A Cold Cutting Table (CD, Pain Compliance Productions): Heavier than Atrocitizer, think this is the best SHP stuff I've heard until now. Cool rythmic parts as well. Cold atmosphere. I also really like the design, well done. Recommended!

FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #1092 on: May 26, 2011, 08:08:20 AM »

HEINZ HOPF / KAM HASSAH split 7"
The best harsh noise 7" of 2011?? Who knows? Still plenty of this year to go, and if I would be more self promoting bastard I could put WIESE / SICKNESS to line of compete from 1st position. Anyways, I'd dare to say, two positions of top-3 harsh noise 7"s could be already known.

SILVUM
Heavy user

« Reply #1093 on: May 26, 2011, 10:59:48 AM »

I've been really sick the last few months, which is why my barely noticeable presence has decreased further.  So apologies to any who care.

As I've been trapped in bed most of the time I've been able to dig into a bunch of music...

Chris And Cosey: Wow... I figured after Pagan Tango it would all be shit, but thanks to a lucky local used CD store score I have 3 of the 4 "Library Of Sound" discs, and 3 of the 4 "Electronic Ambient Remixes" discs... while not earth shattering, I have to say this stuff is really great more or less spacy ambient music.  All have been consumed at low volumes so I'm sure to be missing dimensions, but they have been sitting at the tops of my heavy rotation mountains.  Will without a doubt NEED to track down the two discs I'm missing.

Migrations In Rust: Everything... just masterful composition and beautiful pacing... he crams so much into so few minutes, it's really incredible.  I'd love to hear a full 60 minute chunk from him.

Haters, The - Breakthrough 7": This is technically a David Jackman solo 7", and it's JUST the beautiful sounds of shattering glass.... any speed.. pure heaven... file it with the first Sudden Infant 7"...

Experimental Audio Research - Mesmerised CD: Skip all the new hipster "retro synth" fake kosmisch bullshit and get this... legit drifting spaced out bliss... Spacemen 3 fanatics obviously need this.

Also ALL Dead Can Dance and The Cure albums.... over and over...

Ok back to bedridden hell...

MT
Heavy user

GENTLEMAN

« Reply #1094 on: May 26, 2011, 04:01:01 PM »

Nicole 12 - Black Line
Obsessive, eerie, mind piercing; simply amazing album. Sometimes very few things going on, yet the atmosphere is thick as ever. Production is is a pleasure, I rarely comment on these matters, but here it is a real pleasure to ears. Each layer of sound is clear and 'sharp', adds so much to the atmosphere. Wrinkly Bliss is one of my new fav N12 tunes, keep playing it over and over again.

Dub Buk - Idu Na Vy!
War hymns for the summer. It is satisfying to find these bands, even though this might seem just another east european black metal band, but I beg to differ. Slave Ukrainji!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 04:03:27 PM by MT » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 556
  Print  

Jump to: