PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

Quote from: P-K on April 30, 2011, 06:26:11 PM
Quote from: Brad on April 30, 2011, 08:50:58 AM
Decree - Fateless

how does this compare to the first 2 cd's? the first one was massive imho, second one was still "ok" ....

It's a pretty unique album.  More noise rock than the previous two, more "earthy".  The guitar playing is similar to Moment of Silence, but it is far less overtly electronica-influenced.  Sometimes reminds me a bit of '90s industrial metal like Ministry, Nailbomb, Godflesh, etc., though not exactly a metal album itself. 

XE

Quote from: Ernpe on April 30, 2011, 12:30:52 PM
Quote from: XE on April 29, 2011, 09:18:46 PM
SICK SEED "Man And Machine" 7INCH

A slight disappointment. For a 45 rpm 7" I'd like to hear more "instant hit" material, stuff on this record would be fine on a tape or lp. But on a 7", just makes me wonder why or how do these two tracks stand on their own. For me, they do not. Solid stuff, though, just too short to make an effort.

The bar is very high when it comes to SS. High expectations. A-side is hit tune for me. B side is "just" good(yeah would work better as a longer piece). Solid cut,great sound quality. I did enjoy this release a lot! however I can see what y mean. 7" is a format that needs a something very very special. Think about if there would have been SS 7"  "Snow Fell/Huorakatu", both tracks on first LP. T H A T would have been uber hit release! That kind of picks are needed for 7"! btw upcoming SS material on split LP w/ SHIFT is so good that it hurts. Epic long  stuff, just perfect for LP side!

GEWALTMONOPOL

PETER WYNGARDE - Rape

Stumbled upon this via the Jim Goad FB group. This is some far out shit. Why have I never heard of this guy before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDfnkm3WN9k
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

tisbor

Quote from: TheGreatEcstasy on May 04, 2011, 01:24:41 PM
PETER WYNGARDE - Rape

Stumbled upon this via the Jim Goad FB group. This is some far out shit. Why have I never heard of this guy before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDfnkm3WN9k

fuck that's good stuff !
italian rape .. brilliant

P-K

Ashmonger

Defiler - V.III (CDr, self-released): Good Dark Ambient/Industrial stuff. Got quite some guest-work (one track made by each: Camisole and T.O.M.B.; and J.Stillings (Steel Hook Prosthesis) did some vocals and additional sounds), but it works. The overall dark atmosphere is kept very well and rather homogenous. J.Stillings vocals are of course very well recognizable, and where I think they wouldn't fit in with every other project, it goes with Defiler. Guess he was rather inspired by SHP overall. If you're into this kind of thing, definately worth checking out.

murderous_vision

Quote from: Ashmonger on May 05, 2011, 09:15:08 PM
Defiler - V.III (CDr, self-released): Good Dark Ambient/Industrial stuff. Got quite some guest-work (one track made by each: Camisole and T.O.M.B.; and J.Stillings (Steel Hook Prosthesis) did some vocals and additional sounds), but it works. The overall dark atmosphere is kept very well and rather homogenous. J.Stillings vocals are of course very well recognizable, and where I think they wouldn't fit in with every other project, it goes with Defiler. Guess he was rather inspired by SHP overall. If you're into this kind of thing, definately worth checking out.

Defiler is an amazing project for sure!

STREETMEAT

Bu - private live 1/1/2011
Concrete Mascara - Dead In Helsinki 1.1.2011

Great audio performance by both artist

FreakAnimalFinland

yes, these are good tapes. Only complaint would be, that they don't fully represent the power of original sound. For example Concrete Mascara live gig, in this tape, the end appears to be electrical cord noises and crackling sounds and vocals, but what recording failed to capture, was the massive DEEP bass frequency, what was THE dominating element of the live. I mean, the crackles wasn't just crackles, but it was the sound of bass amp nearly bursting in flames. You could feel bassy waves trembling in small space.
Recording was made from distance, with normal microphone, so there are some limitations.
Although a lot of PE does benefit from thin and lo-fi sound, sometimes also clear and in-your-face sound could reveal the nature of sounds better. Even if we talk about the crudest and harshest sounds.
I'd hope to get live recordings with proper microphones placed just in front of the amps.
Nevertheless, both tapes are good, and Sadistic Bliss new tape appears to be the best what band has done! First I thought how come they went into this Randy Yau meets vocal poetry thing, with loop/delay/vocalsound experiments, but it doesn't take long when insane sounding drum beat and feedback noises arrive. One long piece.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

andy vomit

Quote from: murderous_vision on May 06, 2011, 01:02:42 AM
Quote from: Ashmonger on May 05, 2011, 09:15:08 PM

Defiler is an amazing project for sure!

agreed 100%.  "V.III" is a great disc, and i'm very much looking forward to the MURDEROUS VISION/DEFILER 7"...
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

hannes

Bizzare Uproar - Musta Rotta
Hijokaidan - Noise From Trading Cards
Above The Ruins - Songs Of The Wolf
Alleypisser - Tvang
Händer Som Vårdar - Bakåtböjning

murderous_vision

[/quote]

agreed 100%.  "V.III" is a great disc, and i'm very much looking forward to the MURDEROUS VISION/DEFILER 7"...
[/quote]

You will need to take a rape shower after listening! Pure filth ambient!!!

Matthias

Lettera 22 – True Form LP (A Dear Girl Called Wendy)
Absolutely loved last years Second Sleep release from Lettera 22, but this is even better. Pretty much the same thing, but more refined and delicate. Messy but crystal clear compositions of field recordings, cassette manipulations and electronics, with manages to feel both chaotic and extremely controlled at the same time. Beautiful stuff. Highest recommendations.

Keränen – Moon Over Torrelorca CD (Ljud & Bild Produktion)
Far away from the intensity on Bats In The Attic, this one features a long and slow moving drone track. The ambience and stripped down approach kind of reminded me of Drumm's Imperial Horizon. Boring music, in the best possible way! Got me really excited on the Keränen show here in Gothenburg tomorrow, although I guess this is maybe not what Tommi will bring to the table...

Händer Som Vårdar – Bakåtböjning Tape (Järtecknet)
Debut tape from HSV was pretty decent, but Bakåtböjning is such an improvement! Weird, claustrophobic stuff with a heavy use of loops. It has a somewhat shitty nerve to it which I really appreciate, the sounds are... "wrong". I found it hard to find something to compare this to. Uneasy listening, well worth checking out.

Ritual

Alfarmania "Hålögd insikt" 10" (Autarkeia)
Quality release from Alfarmania, well worth it's rather expensive price tag. Alfarmania is progressing towards an ever darker and more oppressive sound, and this 10" picture vinyl is a great example of that. Gloomy and apocalyptical.

Bestializer "Perpetrator Leisures" tape (Styggelse)
Brutal, ugly noise with a crude industrial foundation. Heavy and violent! This act has put out a couple of really strong tapes lately! I can recommend this and the tape on Joy de Vivre, which is a bit more industrial and less noisy.

Blood ov Thee Christ "Guilty to everything" tape (Styggelse)
A fragmented, delerious mess of crude noise, drunken, hateful ranting, recorded conversations and sheer insanities. Extremly filthy and ugly. Sometimes it is excellent, and sometimes I just laugh out loud. Definitely not tailored for commercial viability!

STREETMEAT

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 06, 2011, 08:09:48 AM
yes, these are good tapes. Only complaint would be, that they don't fully represent the power of original sound. For example Concrete Mascara live gig, in this tape, the end appears to be electrical cord noises and crackling sounds and vocals, but what recording failed to capture, was the massive DEEP bass frequency, what was THE dominating element of the live. I mean, the crackles wasn't just crackles, but it was the sound of bass amp nearly bursting in flames. You could feel bassy waves trembling in small space.
Recording was made from distance, with normal microphone, so there are some limitations.
Although a lot of PE does benefit from thin and lo-fi sound, sometimes also clear and in-your-face sound could reveal the nature of sounds better. Even if we talk about the crudest and harshest sounds.
I'd hope to get live recordings with proper microphones placed just in front of the amps.
Nevertheless, both tapes are good.

Very understanding i bet a lot of live recordings are not close to how it was to be there. maybe a straight from mixer audio would be helpful.

Playlist while working in the texas heat:
Blodvite-Hämnaren
Bizarre Uproar -mother cd