Puce Mary persona
Puce Mary the drought
Deathpile G. R
Gnaw Their ToungesI speak the truth yet with every word uttered thousands die

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: NaturalOrthodoxy on January 10, 2021, 06:15:47 PM
Quote from: burdizzo1 on January 09, 2021, 10:13:58 PM
Æþel Electronics ‎– Angelcynn
Was expecting a little more form a Hospital release, I must say. Muddy, lo-fi noise and barked English-accented vocals. Reminds me or a cross between Con-Dom and, say, Black State. It's not bad, just - as I say - expected something more 'in your face'. Certain charms and little patterns appear now and again, and I will listen to it again - but probably not that much. Bills itself as "Anglo-Saxon" power electronics, which I can get into, and seemingly the side-project of a synth-pop band. Anyone else have thoughts on this one?

Side project of mateys who comprise Natural Assembly and Cremation Lily. To me, it feels like a return to the "Fires Frame The Silhouette" stuff from Cremation Lily, which i vaguely remember he told me is influenced by 8th Pillar, so I dig it. Certainly not the hardest PE ever but that's also not what I'd expect from these guys.

That sounds like something I'd like very much. Those early Cremation Lily cassettes were so good. Not that his later stuff isnt but Ive got a fondness for that early shit.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

NaturalOrthodoxy

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on January 11, 2021, 03:26:24 AM
Quote from: NaturalOrthodoxy on January 10, 2021, 06:15:47 PM
Quote from: burdizzo1 on January 09, 2021, 10:13:58 PM
Æþel Electronics ‎– Angelcynn
Was expecting a little more form a Hospital release, I must say. Muddy, lo-fi noise and barked English-accented vocals. Reminds me or a cross between Con-Dom and, say, Black State. It's not bad, just - as I say - expected something more 'in your face'. Certain charms and little patterns appear now and again, and I will listen to it again - but probably not that much. Bills itself as "Anglo-Saxon" power electronics, which I can get into, and seemingly the side-project of a synth-pop band. Anyone else have thoughts on this one?

Side project of mateys who comprise Natural Assembly and Cremation Lily. To me, it feels like a return to the "Fires Frame The Silhouette" stuff from Cremation Lily, which i vaguely remember he told me is influenced by 8th Pillar, so I dig it. Certainly not the hardest PE ever but that's also not what I'd expect from these guys.

That sounds like something I'd like very much. Those early Cremation Lily cassettes were so good. Not that his later stuff isnt but Ive got a fondness for that early shit.

Yeah if you like early CL it's definitely worth checking out! i respect CL a huge amount even though I'm not super into the whole emo-rap direction. I played with him when he was doing a collab set with Knifedoutofexistence and it was a great mix of PE with some of the emo-rap elements which was enjoyable live.

ConcreteMascara

Emo rap? I don't think I've heard that! I must be five years behind with CR's output come to think of it so I guess I've missed that developement.
[death|trigger|impulse]

NaturalOrthodoxy

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on January 11, 2021, 04:13:38 PM
Emo rap? I don't think I've heard that! I must be five years behind with CR's output come to think of it so I guess I've missed that developement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BScfIemB3s

host body

Yeah I just checked out new CL stuff and was baffled by the new direction. I do like Jesu, which is somewhat similar but still... What an odd direction to go to and with an established project like that. I wonder why he didn't start a new project for that stuff.

NaturalOrthodoxy

Quote from: host body on January 12, 2021, 02:14:21 PM
Yeah I just checked out new CL stuff and was baffled by the new direction. I do like Jesu, which is somewhat similar but still... What an odd direction to go to and with an established project like that. I wonder why he didn't start a new project for that stuff.

I respect it. In a genre where we compartmentalise projects pretty heavily, i like seeing the odd project where it reflects a genuine evolution of the artist.

host body

Sure, me too. I think it's great that he's doing what he wants, was just really surprised by the change and the new sound. Can't say it was my favourite sort of music, but hopefully he will find his new audience.

Fistfuck Masonanie

Crazy Doberman ‎– Two Tales Of Lost Witness Marks (Aguirre Records)
Just received the download for the new LP and really liking it. The sounds continue to develop in new directions and again, each LP is unlike the last. Definitely the bits of psychedelic sound the group builds their foundation on are there and heavily featured. The elements of free jazz are a little heavier this time around. There is a even a spoken word poetry segment over a jazz avant-garde back drop that reminds me a bit of Tom Waits or something similar. Diverse and rewarding release, can't wait to listen to this more to absorb all of the details.

Trepaneringsritualen ‎– The Totality Of Death
Kicking myself for sitting on this artist all of this time, it's absolutely mind bending stuff. I've always been intrigued by the release descriptions I've seen and the vision is so personal and unique. I attempted to listen to the compilation while falling asleep last night and it just made me anxious and uncomfortable. Perhaps not the best material to lull one into a sense of comfort...

Anyone with recommendations for the stand alone titles to check out would be appreciated. Adding a note to my long list of artist's I need to see live once shows happen again as well...

Baglady

PRIMITIVE ISOLATION TACTICS - Deconstructing A Purpose CS (White Centipede Noise, 2020)
A thick, warm, odorous, humming and vibrating tone wriggles around throughout, expanding into crunch and warble at times. Other sounds try their best to stay on top - angry stabs of feedback, some terrified person yelling - only to be swallowed. Excellent restrained slow-burning muck that reminds me of Vårtgård while still being something rather different. Flip the tape and things get more shaky. It's still a hungry pool of boiling tar, but it has receded slightly, with ripping textures and acoustic sounds revealing themselves. A great tape that ends far too soon. Hard not to play it again straight away. Lovely stuff! Haven't heard anything by PIT prior to this, and I think I need more.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: Fistfuck Masonanie on January 12, 2021, 04:27:38 PM
Trepaneringsritualen ‎– The Totality Of Death
Kicking myself for sitting on this artist all of this time, it's absolutely mind bending stuff. I've always been intrigued by the release descriptions I've seen and the vision is so personal and unique. I attempted to listen to the compilation while falling asleep last night and it just made me anxious and uncomfortable. Perhaps not the best material to lull one into a sense of comfort...

Anyone with recommendations for the stand alone titles to check out would be appreciated. Adding a note to my long list of artist's I need to see live once shows happen again as well...

I like "Deathward, to the Womb" because the tracks are good and it's not too long. And the closer "All Hail the Black Flame" is a real fist pumper.
[death|trigger|impulse]

Baglady

HEAT SIGNATURE - Altered States Of Warfare CD (Found Remains, 2020)
The previous disc, Dehumanization In Progress, and the self-released tape from 2016 were superb, so my expectations were very high when I first put this on. I did fear, just a little, that this new disc would be just more of the same. I just didn't see where they could go from something as incredibly thick and chokingly dense as last years CD. Turns out the way forward was to make it less dense (duuuh), to carefully loosen the bolts and separate the cogs just a tiny bit. Et voila! Although Dehumanization... had several tracks as well, it flowed seamlessly like one long face-in-the-mud piece. On Altered States... the now more loose and rickety machinery gives each track more character of its own, the earthy explosive crunch more space to charge and clash with the mindwarping tape-stretch and the electronic squeal and screech, and more oxygen for the desperate howls to soar above the sonic trenches. And speaking of the sounds themselves, they're more finely chiselled this time, but with the surfaces kept frayed and rough. Another wise move is the treacherously "calm" piece Dosed Adrenal Glands halfway through the disc, offering a relative pause from the mayhem. In short; more depth, more drama.
I love how Luke and Brad have sortof jumped back in time with Heat Signature, to the mid 90's for a "fresh start", and started to stake out a path of their own from there, but not to lazily stick around but to move forward. And this is a big step further down that path. Easily their best, and that's not a small achievement given how incredible the previous album was.

FreakAnimalFinland

Last Domain Lost is band that has done a lot of albums, but not sure is it "popular". Even in context of rough industrial genre? Old material, very nice, but also new, far more cleaner produced things are actually very good. Project I could recommend to check out. Now on playlist:  "The Tyranny Of Distance". This was recorded 1992, so not utterly vintage, but still sounding old!

Karl Runau "Beyond Frequencies" cd, some of these less talked Galakt Horro items. Mid 90's electronic noise signals.

V/A "2:00 matinee" CD RRR compilation
At times this c. 70 minutes CD is almost unbearable to listen to. Silly karaoke songs in glory of Lowell weirdos, random goofiness... but also included is good noisy sound. Idea Fire Company. Jason Lescalleet, etc... In some ways it must be perfect document of how the live matinees of RRR were. I recall Ron saying that a lot of it sucked. Good things, but also a lot of really sucky sessions, but also a lot of fun. So, that about accurate way to describe this historical document. Insanity of having weekly weirdo / noise live sessions at your record store.
This 2:00 matinee thing is so insane. I recall it lasted for about decade? Once a week. even more insane that I think RRR recorded every single set, with exception of handful where he forgot to "push rec". How many sets are in tape archives? Must be several hundreds, if not thousands...
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

absurdexposition

Quote from: Baglady on January 13, 2021, 12:18:35 AM
PRIMITIVE ISOLATION TACTICS - Deconstructing A Purpose CS (White Centipede Noise, 2020)
A thick, warm, odorous, humming and vibrating tone wriggles around throughout, expanding into crunch and warble at times. Other sounds try their best to stay on top - angry stabs of feedback, some terrified person yelling - only to be swallowed. Excellent restrained slow-burning muck that reminds me of Vårtgård while still being something rather different. Flip the tape and things get more shaky. It's still a hungry pool of boiling tar, but it has receded slightly, with ripping textures and acoustic sounds revealing themselves. A great tape that ends far too soon. Hard not to play it again straight away. Lovely stuff! Haven't heard anything by PIT prior to this, and I think I need more.

Thank you for positive remarks, I'm glad you liked the tape. I wasn't familiar with Vårtgård but what I was able to download sounds very up my alley. Cheers.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

JacksonPratt

KODAK FIRE - DRAIN WASTE VENT (2018, C/Site Recordings)

Rude rocker of an HN tape, and one i think more people need to hear. Hard edged and gnarly but with a psychedelic twist.  Showcasing a incredible ear for blown out mucky saturation, and a display of real-deal tedious tape manipulation. Tracks move quite a bit and play with dynamics, but everything stays gross and seedy. HN from the mind of plumber, or construction worker could be an apt description... Worth tracking down for anybody curious about recent lesser known projects.