PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Carew

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on November 20, 2020, 09:19:51 PM
Pogrom ‎– Degančios Suros CD - Unrest Prod, 2014 - haven't heard this one in a while and goddamn what a pleasure it was to revisit. Such a gloomy power electronics record. I don't think I can give a proper description as I listened to it a few days ago, but the best comparison I can think of is Con-Dom. Like Con-Dom nothing is normal or run-of-the-mill about this. Although this review is a poor one, I can't recommend this album enough.

That's strange timing, I dug the tape of this out for the first time in ages this week. Great album.

Speaking of other projects that sound like Con-Dom in the sense that they stand out in terms of pure power, I finally got around to listening to the first tape of Human Larvae's '15 years' live release. It's a ripper. The standout elements for me so far on this one are the vocals, fucking fantastic.

Baglady

Took out INCAPACITANTS - Pariah Tapes 5CD (Freak Animal, 2006) for a runthrough this weekend. As usual I feel like everyone else could just quit noise and we'd still be good. Such a pioneer, the good Mikawa. Vivenza-like metal works, guitar maltreatment, dense grainy static explorations, electronic psychouts, and of course the seeds that later sprung into bloom when Kosakai joined. But it's still almost shocking how mapped out that signature noise of theirs was from the start. I find it hard to grasp Eternal Paralysis was recorded in 1981. Not only does it sound extreme even by today's measures, it also sound perfectly fulfilled and fully realized. Nothing is missing, no loose ends. "Eternal Paralysis Pt. 3" is particularly perfect. An ecstatic ripping and absolutely bonkers YET focused piece of noise. Some of the best noise ever recorded really. This whole set is fucking eye watering.

It's mentioned on the sleeve that this is "first edition". Given the pricetag today, it might be time for a repress?

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: Baglady on November 22, 2020, 11:41:25 PM
Took out INCAPACITANTS - Pariah Tapes 5CD (Freak Animal, 2006) for a runthrough this weekend. As usual I feel like everyone else could just quit noise and we'd still be good. Such a pioneer, the good Mikawa. Vivenza-like metal works, guitar maltreatment, dense grainy static explorations, electronic psychouts, and of course the seeds that later sprung into bloom when Kosakai joined. But it's still almost shocking how mapped out that signature noise of theirs was from the start. I find it hard to grasp Eternal Paralysis was recorded in 1981. Not only does it sound extreme even by today's measures, it also sound perfectly fulfilled and fully realized. Nothing is missing, no loose ends. "Eternal Paralysis Pt. 3" is particularly perfect. An ecstatic ripping and absolutely bonkers YET focused piece of noise. Some of the best noise ever recorded really. This whole set is fucking eye watering.

It's mentioned on the sleeve that this is "first edition". Given the pricetag today, it might be time for a repress?

Years ago I had the chance to pick up this boxset at Hospital for a song and I bought something else instead. still kicking myself in the ass for that one.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

FallOfNature

Golem Of Gore - partial discography
Blasting goregrind, in the vein of LDOH. A bit more going on than later LDOH stuff though so it's slightly a more attentive listen. Best goregrind I've heard in awhile anyway.

Meatal Ulcer - partial discography
Same as above but Australian this time. Older stuff is better and lacks the comedy element.

Algor Mortis - Interrupted Decomposition
Raw noise/industrial focused on necrophilia, corpse abuse etc. Rough stuff but great.

Murder Corporation - A Moment In Flesh
Classic Slaughter Prod grease and perversion

Strict
- Impulsion
One of the greats

absurdexposition

Quote from: FallOfNature on November 24, 2020, 03:15:48 AM

Strict
- Impulsion
One of the greats

Incidentally, I just pulled out "Kiss" today for the first time in ages.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Fistfuck Masonanie

Golem Of Gore - partial discography
Blasting goregrind, in the vein of LDOH. A bit more going on than later LDOH stuff though so it's slightly a more attentive listen. Best goregrind I've heard in awhile anyway.

Meatal Ulcer - partial discography
Same as above but Australian this time. Older stuff is better and lacks the comedy element.

I just happened to download that Meatal Ulcer discography last night and they really nail the vocals effects. Having trouble finding a Golem of Gore discography on Bandcamp, any links or physical release only right now?

Eigen Bast

here's a link to it on discogs, couple copies available:
https://www.discogs.com/Golem-Of-Gore-Stages-Of-Human-Decomposition-STAGE-ONE-AUTOLYSIS-The-Fresh-Stage-Collection-/master/1804467

*misread your post, but hey maybe of interest..!

impulse manslaughter

Shredded Nerve - Acts of Betrayal CD

I like wild chaotic Japanese style harsh noise and on the other side of the spectrum carefully structured layers of sound textures. This record falls nicely into the 2nd category. Al the tracks build up slowly but convincingly and the whole album has a consistent feeling with all the pieces flowing into each other naturally. No surprises in the sound material used but the way the whole album is crafted makes it a great listen and it was on repeat in my car for the last couple of days. As it was my introduction by this act I will need to check out some of the older stuff.

impulse manslaughter

Veprisuicida ‎– Chinese Meat CD

Bought this a while ago. Listened a few times in the background and put it on the shelves until yesterday when I listened to this 3 times in a row. This 2020 reissue seems to be a bit overload but it turnes out to be my favorite of the Veprisuicida CD's. Nice mix of abstract sounds, samples and primitive noise. Seems like it's recorded spontaneously without a lot of editing showing old school craftsmanship.

eyesofsatan

Quote from: absurdexposition on November 24, 2020, 04:02:06 AM

Strict
- Impulsion
One of the greats

I wish Impulsion would get a re-issue. Best STRICT material in my opinion.

implementsofsacrifice

Quote from: absurdexposition on November 24, 2020, 04:02:06 AM

Strict
- Impulsion
One of the greats

It's a shame that the pressing is so poor, because the material is truly excellent.

Lazrs3

HOMExINVASION - Noise Wall Compendium, 6x CDR set(Harsh Noise London)

Got the files for this to review as I have a few things by this UK project. Good set of tracks, all walls differ greatly with different themes spread across each disc. Longest release by the project, good use of silence in some works where the invasion of it is effective.

ANTICHILDLEAGUE - Entrenched Extreme (Obsessive Fundamental Realism)

I think this is one of the projects best releases if not the best one, now she doesn't organise many gigs, the work seems to get nastier and better. I'd say the releases on OFR are often the best ones she does. The vocal is completeley inhuman and the noise is solid.

ORDEAL by ROSES - City of Forms (Outsider Art) - got the cd and tape of this, done 2 great tapes so far, but this is even better. Welsh PE described as Trauma Electronics, I'd say sonically this parallels Suffer in April, Cremation Lily and another Welsh project Slow Murder that is amazing too.

Mikerdeath

Akitsa - Sang Nordique
akitsa!
This is the first recordings that opened my eyes to the project. The project is enduring over the last 10 years.
Album still good since I last listened in 2009.
Good tempos and vocals, good recording.
Good foundation for other works.
Still good.
Thumbs up!

Fistfuck Masonanie

Crazy Doberman

Just discovering and diving into this group and it's exactly what I was in the mood for. Very trippy/psychedelic music that is perfect when you need something weird and out there on the slightly quieter side of experimental music. Each release is a little different, but the core sound is like if the 70's kraut-rock guys were slinging mushrooms with the free jazz guys of the 60's and then jammed out. What if Tangerine Dream had jammed with the Sun Ra Arkestra?

The editing by Tim Geck on the studio albums is what really seems to make the music unique in my opinion. Managing and flowing the sounds from all the various members together in a cohesive manner. Absolutely in love with this band, great stuff. Some favorites so far:

Free LSD LP
Rust Clatter of the Midwest 7"
Crazy Doberman self titled tape
Illusory Expansion tape
hypnagogic relapse and other penumbral phenomena LP

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Fistfuck Masonanie on December 05, 2020, 09:36:03 PM
Crazy Doberman

Just discovering and diving into this group and it's exactly what I was in the mood for. Very trippy/psychedelic music that is perfect when you need something weird and out there on the slightly quieter side of experimental music. Each release is a little different, but the core sound is like if the 70's kraut-rock guys were slinging mushrooms with the free jazz guys of the 60's and then jammed out. What if Tangerine Dream had jammed with the Sun Ra Arkestra?

The editing by Tim Geck on the studio albums is what really seems to make the music unique in my opinion. Managing and flowing the sounds from all the various members together in a cohesive manner. Absolutely in love with this band, great stuff. Some favorites so far:

Free LSD LP
Rust Clatter of the Midwest 7"
Crazy Doberman self titled tape
Illusory Expansion tape
hypnagogic relapse and other penumbral phenomena LP
New to me, and it sounds right up my alley.  5 minutes into Free LSD, and it was reminding me of HNAS and that crowd as they got weirder (not necessarily better), Cromagnon "Orgasm", and Limpe Fuchs (Anima, Anima Sound).  Krautrocky Smegma/LAFMS.  Too bad their name isn't something like Rust Clatter.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.