PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALTMONOPOL

GIFT - Shoah 7"

Murky German industrial from Operation Cleansweep member(s). First impression is basic and simple but I'm expecting more detail to emerge after a few more spins.

DJK - The DJK Committee 7"

More German industrial from the much lesser known DJK. A side sounds like an attempt to please the goth/EBM crow with some sort of dance hit. Pretty boring. The b side explores a more traditional style of analogue bass rumble with distorted vocals with a bit of Con-Dom quality to them. Much better. Good, maybe even very good!
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: TheGreatEcstasy on April 15, 2011, 01:50:09 PM
DJK - The DJK Committee 7"
More German industrial from the much lesser known DJK. A side sounds like an attempt to please the goth/EBM crow with some sort of dance hit. Pretty boring. The b side explores a more traditional style of analogue bass rumble with distorted vocals with a bit of Con-Dom quality to them. Much better. Good, maybe even very good!

I think this was probably better than their own LP or the split LP. Both of those are ok. Occasionally good, but so "standard", that in times when so much good stuff came out, it was destined to be forgotten...

Talking of "euro pe",
listened couple of times LR & Puce Mary LP on posh isolation. If this came out on Loki Foundation or such, I think fans of Ex.Order, O.Cleansweep, and such would gladly listen to it. Atmospheric, harmonic, minimalistic industrial-drone with rhythmic elements as well. It sounds to have much more common with "PE" than "drone music". I would recommend this.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

GEWALTMONOPOL

I think the LP is half and half. Some good tracks, some fucking awful.

What I've heard from Puce Mary sounds very promising!
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

P-K

bought from a friend bcause it was cheap and the backcover intruiged me

good stuff, i should rely more on "gutt feeling"

XXX

Budrūs – Devyniems Rytams Auštant 

RyanWreck

Ritual Hate - Live Ritual I (Self Released (?) 2010) - God damn I love Noisecore. I don't understand why most people don't like it at all, but everyone's taste varies I suppose. Anyway, what you get here is 3 live tracks that reach just 15 minutes in length. This is raw as hell start-stop-start-stop brutality, what I like to refer to as the assembly line style Noisecore, where you can't really tell when a track stops and a new one begins or how many tracks are actually being played during each of these 3 shows. It could be 50 for all I know. The first track has the best recording quality and it is also the longest of the 3. This track also changes pace more than the other tracks giving it more of a variety from 5 second blast beat riffs chord styled slamming and grunts to cymbal crashing, bass laden doomy atmospheres. The following 2 are sharper, thinner sounding, painful. The final track is the shortest clocking in at just over 2 and a half minutes of static and pummeling drums, no breaks.

A.R.GH

False Mirror - Derelict World , what a piece of beauty

Matthias

LR/Puce Mary - The Closed Room LP (Posh Isolation)
Very much impressed with this one. One of the better outputs i've heard from the PI circle, and if you add the new Ashley C album i think you have two good examples on why Denmark is currently where it's at. First part in a series of 3 LPs i think?

Jasper TX - The Black Sun Transmissions CD (Fang Bomb)
Slow moving music, guitars in the front with lots of subtle movements in the background. Gloomy and stripped down. Live Jasper TX are somewhat reminiscent of droney acts like Birchville Cat Motel, but the albums are usually more... "rich" in sound? Takes a few spins to get everything together. Great stuff!

davenpdx

Yesterday listened to some recent CD scores...

Laxative Souls - Twist And Decease / Desinfektionsraum 2 x CD reissue
Dissecting Table - Between Life And Death
Blackhouse - Five Minutes After I Die (very, very silly...)
Crash Worship – Asesinos

Apart from the Laxative Souls, all of these were found cheap when scouring local second-hand music stores...
Mystery Attacks: updates / sounds
Rouge Label: updates

ConcreteMascara

Haus Arafna - Blut CD
Black Sabbath - Vol. 4 Cassette - Snowblind still wows me.
KHANATE - Things Viral CD - one of my all time favorite albums
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

FreakAnimalFinland

THU20 "Bologna" CD - very nice Dutch group, with many of the "fames", a'la Frans De Waard, Guido Doesborg, Jac Van Bussel, Jos Smolders, Peter Duimelinks, Roel Meelkop.... I like the way this band does their "electro acoustic" -> still shamelessly noisy! 1991 live recording is filled with micro sounds and disturbing electronics, but when occasion comes, they're not holding back to include heavier electronics and vocals. I can see why band would not be so talked about, when during last 10 years.. I guess two albums have been released?

SOL INVICTUS "Lex Talionis" CD
Re-issue of their part of 3xLP set with C93 and NWW, with couple bonus tracks. I think this is easily my recent times top listening. Meaning how much I have listened it. Probably dozen times in few weeks? It is kind of culmination of things that are good in neo-folk. Relatively clumsy, relatively out-of-tune, but with tasty edge of industrial, with good lyrics, etc. Pretty essential stuff.

Mr.Natural / OVO split 7"
Whatever was on the other side, is shit. But Mr. Natural - I have said it before, and I keep saying it, is fucking great! Try to get over the name, and grab some of his stuff. None of it is rare. Everything is cheap and easy to get. I was missing this in my collection and even if it doesn't go into top levels of Blazen'Y'Sharp -era stuff he used to do before, it's still great piezzo colored organic noises.

Mr.Payne

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 22, 2011, 03:22:05 PM

Mr.Natural / OVO split 7"
Whatever was on the other side, is shit. But Mr. Natural - I have said it before, and I keep saying it, is fucking great! Try to get over the name, and grab some of his stuff. None of it is rare. Everything is cheap and easy to get. I was missing this in my collection and even if it doesn't go into top levels of Blazen'Y'Sharp -era stuff he used to do before, it's still great piezzo colored organic noises.

Have shared a gig with Mr.Natural I will agree.

this evening I enjoyed:
GRUNT : SEER OF DECAY  2CD
WORLD DOWNFALL :  AMONG THE ZOMBIES

Violent Noise Atrocities

Kreator - Extreme Aggression
Rush - All the World's A Stage
Emperor - Imperial Live Ceremony
Marduk - Fuck Me Jesus
Arghoslent - Hornets of the Polgrom
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Deathkey - Doctrine Of Intolerant Hatred
Deathkey – Hammer Of Aryan Terror
Streicher – Der Stürmer / Hammerskins / Compilation Of 90's
Xenophobic Ejaculation - Whitepower
Churner - Jackhammer
Churner - Perfection Through Distortion
Churner - Coffin Angel
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are the Sick
RU-486 - Filth Fantasies

XXX

Mr. Natural! a local treasure.

I love the cd I COOKED YR EGGS and his self titled 7"
I took a short video clip of him opening for dave philips
http://nocompassion.tumblr.com/post/941084777

FreakAnimalFinland

And I could also remind of some people, who always say that noise lacks certain sense of humor and different angle to content.. and as far as I remember correctly, Mr. Natural is chef by profession and many of his noise pieces are food related. This is not "joke noise", but with nice warm connection to daily life. I never saw him live, but back in 2005, had possibility to discuss with him couple days while doing Japan tour same time he was doing his. But dates never crossed over.