PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanWreck

Quote from: ligature impression on September 12, 2019, 04:40:33 AM

Kakerlak - "Pyrethroid Buzz" (Trash Ritual)
Can't go wrong with Kakerlak. Brutal, dense harsh noise with so much depth and layered textures. Collage is perfect because through it sounds like he's beating scrap metal against a chainlink fence.

One of his best works. "Temporary & Successive Stages" is probably my favorite, and of course the TF/PE release "Crawling to Objectify" was brilliant. As erratic and shifting as Kakerlak material usually is you always feel like its building up to something. Devloper has a similar type of climaxing momentum. Wish either of them would put some new material out.

Stipsi

Bathory - Bathory
In my opinion the best metal album of all the time.
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

Bacteriafield

QuoteKakerlak material usually is you always feel like its building up to something. Devloper has a similar type of climaxing momentum. Wish either of them would put some new material out.

Kakerlak has a new track on the prose nagge  comp that just dropped

RyanWreck

Quote from: Bacteriafield on September 13, 2019, 03:03:59 AM
QuoteKakerlak material usually is you always feel like its building up to something. Devloper has a similar type of climaxing momentum. Wish either of them would put some new material out.

Kakerlak has a new track on the prose nagge  comp that just dropped

Wow, there is a ton of good stuff on that comp. glad you pointed it out I would've missed it.

Theodore

I remember i had read here Collapsed Hole was about to do a Kakerlak boxset. No details if it was reissues or new material. And i have no idea if this is in the making, postponed, or cancelled.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

collapsedhole

since it was mentioned here, and several people have asked throughout the past year or so, i'll explain a bit about the endless delay with the kakerlak box....

the kakerlak box is/was to be 3x tape reissues.

the first problem i encountered was i had bought 300 c62s. "hung + abandoned" ended up needing to be a c45 which is just too much missing time to be comfortable with dubbed onto a c62. second issue was "temporary & successive stages" + "crawling to objectify" needed to be a c70... and since the tf/pe cs was cut short, no way was i making the same mistake, and the material surely warrants every minute as intended.
third - i started dubbing "the heat of the hole" + "life in walls" , but the tapes must be defective as they playback at very very low volume, despite the level checking just slightly in the red while recording.

fourth problem was my own stupid, incompetent asshole self. i'm an honest guy so to those that don't know me, i will divulge that i got very carried away with opiates and alcohol. this not only drained what little $ i had, but led to several arrests/jailtime/related issues during which my stuff got fucked with, resulting in a lot of broken/lost equipment, including the tape deck & materials for the art, and my good printer. i still have not fully recovered from that situation since it came to a bad head last year. since i'm out of personal possessions to sell there really isn't a remedy to replace things until tax time when i get $$$ for my kids and disabled wife. i fucked over a bunch of banks so i have no credit cards and can't get any until i pay about 2K$ back. even though i've been sober for over a year now, i'm uneducated, have a criminal record, and live in the middle of nowhere with few employment options, so my meager paycheck goes to keeping the family afloat, its gone days before the next one comes, so when i say i have no money, i mean it literally - i have no money, which is unfortunately needed to do cool things like release noise tapes.

so, there. ideally it will happen when my personal situation stabilizes. i still have the vhs boxes, at least...

Theodore

I wish things to improve for you, and when they do we all celebrate it with that box which will be a bomb !

Yes, there are more important things in life than noise. I conclude not many, hah, but staying alive and family, yes they are.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Balor/SS1535

"Insidious and Alone" - Mania

I think that someone above mentioned that Mania evokes a sense of being a blindfolded captive of a serial killer, and after listening to this recording I can clearly see where they are coming from.  However, I also got the sense that this album was intended to capture the internal mental state of a serial killer or extreme hermit.  The combination of junk and generated noise created for me a divide between the world external to the first-person subject of the album, and their own internal state of mind.  The echos and reverberations made by the junk create the atmosphere of a decrepit and isolated hovel, while the lack of depth on the electronically generated noise pushed it to the foreground - as though representative of a mental haze through which one views the world.  This was my first proper listening to a Mania album, and I enjoyed it a lot.  Any recommendations of what to check out next by this project?

"Yellow Trash Bazooka" - The Gerogerigegege

I really liked the noisecore/noise for its general harshness and extremity.  The vocals on this reminded me a bit of Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes, so I wonder if Reek might have taken some inspiration from The Gerogerigegege.  The only thing that I did not care for was the yelling out of the track titles and the countdown before each song because it disrupted the flow between each piece.  I get that the music is intended to be jarring and fragmented, but that aspect was just not to my taste.  I liked it a lot.

Major Carew

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on September 13, 2019, 08:29:58 PM

I think that someone above mentioned that Mania evokes a sense of being a blindfolded captive of a serial killer, and after listening to this recording I can clearly see where they are coming from.  However, I also got the sense that this album was intended to capture the internal mental state of a serial killer or extreme hermit.  The combination of junk and generated noise created for me a divide between the world external to the first-person subject of the album, and their own internal state of mind.  The echos and reverberations made by the junk create the atmosphere of a decrepit and isolated hovel, while the lack of depth on the electronically generated noise pushed it to the foreground - as though representative of a mental haze through which one views the world.  This was my first proper listening to a Mania album, and I enjoyed it a lot.  Any recommendations of what to check out next by this project?

This was the first Mania release I heard and still one of his best, along with Decrepit (highly recommended) and Grim Conditions. However i'm yet to hear 'All Aftermath' and the other two releases which came out this year on total black & the tape with agonal lust.

PedestrianOrgans

Everything Mania's done recently has evoked that very "torture dungeon" feel, for sure. Extremely organic and exposed, but exclusively masterful.

RyanWreck

I think that someone above mentioned that Mania evokes a sense of being a blindfolded captive of a serial killer, and after listening to this recording I can clearly see where they are coming from.  However, I also got the sense that this album was intended to capture the internal mental state of a serial killer or extreme hermit. 

I've always seen Mania less as a Serial killer vibe (Taint leaned more towards that in my mind, of the child loving variety) and more of a Guns and Ammo collecting militia conspiracy nut who could become a spree shooter but instead barely controls their rage through use of pharmaceuticals and the occasional beating of a prostitute or bar patron where he frequents after his blue collar temp jobs that he can barely keep for more than a month.  I don't mean Keith himself, just that's the type of personality I feel from it.

holy ghost

Don't post reviews that often but I recently got the new batch of Dead Gods tapes and the Sewer Election tape "Efterspel" is a real gem - lo-fi minimal slowly shifting pulsing concreté with some ring modulated frequencies happening. Really enjoyable tape!! Highly recommend!

Euro Trash Bazooka

"Yellow Trash Bazooka" - The Gerogerigegege

The only thing that I did not care for was the yelling out of the track titles and the countdown before each song because it disrupted the flow between each piece.  I get that the music is intended to be jarring and fragmented, but that aspect was just not to my taste.  I liked it a lot.

It's kind of an inherent part of noisecore, actually. I mean, usually it's counting with drumsticks but I find it pretty cool and amazing. For instance, the old Brazilian bands often yell the songs names between each tracks, sometimes even explain their content, and it takes longer than for them to play the songs themselves.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

ligature impression

Quote from: RyanWreck on September 14, 2019, 03:08:04 AM

I think that someone above mentioned that Mania evokes a sense of being a blindfolded captive of a serial killer, and after listening to this recording I can clearly see where they are coming from.  However, I also got the sense that this album was intended to capture the internal mental state of a serial killer or extreme hermit. 

I've always seen Mania less as a Serial killer vibe (Taint leaned more towards that in my mind, of the child loving variety) and more of a Guns and Ammo collecting militia conspiracy nut who could become a spree shooter but instead barely controls their rage through use of pharmaceuticals and the occasional beating of a prostitute or bar patron where he frequents after his blue collar temp jobs that he can barely keep for more than a month.  I don't mean Keith himself, just that's the type of personality I feel from it.

Mania is one of the absolute best projects and one of the few that I try to buy every single release. I've definitely gotten some of that vibe. For me, I see a lot of themes isolation and mental decline, pent up rage and violence but almost never aimed in specifics which again always seems to be like the disgust/hatred is building up tension and then boiling over. The genius of Mania is that the titles/visuals are often so non-specific to a theme, that all of this is through the music. Metal sounds that go from squeaking, scraping, dragging to big multilayered destruction. Synth/noise that sometimes is so quiet and minimal and up to absolute brutality. Artwork is always great
In a timespan, you can pull some releases and hear familiar elements, but there is not a single project that can do so much with them and will have different tone and atmosphere from track to track and tape to tape. Best shit.

Favorites:
Ultra-Negative (probably my favorite and always in rotation)
True Ass Worship/Together They're Murder tracks
Little Pieces of Violence
Decrepit 
Armed to the Teeth

...still need All Aftermath!

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: RyanWreck on September 14, 2019, 03:08:04 AM

That was more of the interpretation that I was leaning to as well (especially in light of the cover art on this release).  The man with the gun on the cover made me immediately think of the Ted Kaczynski, or some similar type of person.