PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

absurdexposition

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on February 22, 2019, 11:07:20 PM
Quote from: Strangecross on February 22, 2019, 10:40:52 PM
I just got Irm's indications of nigredo in the mail today I ordered it out of the blue only because ive liked the concept of nigredo and I wanted to see what the image on the cover was up close!

Ive seen them live and heard a few things but nothing really stuck out, I'm excited listen

I'm listening to "Indicator of Nigredo 1" on youtube right now & I want this record! His vocals are pretty much the same as on "Closure" but with more heavy PE elements. I always listened to the Four Studies For Crucifixion 10", which, is good but I prefer his vocals on Nigredo more. Excellent droning tones & panning heavy white noise.

I think I'll spend some time revisiting IRM now that all of these titles are being brought up. Kind of realizing that I haven't listened to any in some time now. The Red Album is probably their ultimate work - have you heard that one, Keith?
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Scat-O-Logy

Martin Bladh is one of great talents/unique minds in this genre. His solo works/collaborations are all brilliant too! There are some on YouTube.

Strangecross

IRM - Indications of NigredoMan. Leave it to Seger Huva to yet again provide me with one of my favorite releases. Perfect clear drones and classic decaying/delaying textures. One thing I notice a lot in PE that I really am turned off by is copycat vocal delivery when it comes to timing- none of that predictability here- and very sincere delivery as well.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on February 22, 2019, 11:07:20 PM
Quote from: Strangecross on February 22, 2019, 10:40:52 PM
I just got Irm's indications of nigredo in the mail today I ordered it out of the blue only because ive liked the concept of nigredo and I wanted to see what the image on the cover was up close!

Ive seen them live and heard a few things but nothing really stuck out, I'm excited listen

I'm listening to "Indicator of Nigredo 1" on youtube right now & I want this record! His vocals are pretty much the same as on "Closure" but with more heavy PE elements. I also listened to the Four Studies For Crucifixion 10", which, is good but I prefer his vocals on Nigredo more. Excellent droning tones & panning heavy white noise.

I love IRM. I think that 12" is the single best I release. But Order4 is very good too, and pretty similar. The addition of the bass guitar really kicks it up a notch. But now Im remembering how good Virgin Mind is too...
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Cauldhame

Irm are one of a kind and everything they've done is essential. Their last few releases have been a perfect symbiosis of sophisticated industrial/PE and post-millenial Scott Walker. Not something I can listen to every day, but all the better for that.

absurdexposition

Quote from: Cauldhame on February 23, 2019, 12:45:53 PM
Not something I can listen to every day, but all the better for that.

Exactly. Usually demands a bit more dedication when listening.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

cr

Rudolf Eb.er - Om Kult I - Completely captivated by this one. Very good. Subtitled "Ritual Practice of Conscious Dying", this says a lot about the overall atmosphere.
Need to get Vol. 2 as soon as possible.

Was also listening to Brainnectar 2CD, fantastic as well, if you are in the right mood. I especially like the pieces with Junko.

Re: IRM. Next on my Sunday matinee playlist is The Cult of the Young Men CD. Haven't listened to it in years and don't remember much about it.

vomitgore

Quote from: cr on February 24, 2019, 09:28:15 AM
Rudolf Eb.er - Om Kult I - Completely captivated by this one. Very good. Subtitled "Ritual Practice of Conscious Dying", this says a lot about the overall atmosphere.
Need to get Vol. 2 as soon as possible.

Was also listening to Brainnectar 2CD, fantastic as well, if you are in the right mood. I especially like the pieces with Junko.

Great albums indeed.

Acne

thanks to that free jazz thread i've been listening to Abe Kaoru waaaaaaaailing in Lover Come Back to Me (and the rest of that album) and that Winter 1972 bootleg on Youtube. Just the ebbs and flows of the screeeeeeeching wails and wide percussion range absolutely kill.

Lazrs3

Entre Vifs - Ontologie - Aussaat - 2018. This is 5 long recordings made between 2011 - 2017. Really good work that combines digital and metal clanging sounds from their own instruments. I was sent this to review for my blog and have been listening to it loads over the last few weeks,I definitely want to get more by this act over time.

S.T.A.B. - Day of the Male. - Unrest. I'm well into this album, I know I've mentioned it before but I think the vocals take it to another level.

ConcreteMascara

Ke/Hil - Syndrome/Antidrome LP - two years late to the party but i finally picked this one up last weekend. it's strange but the first half of it sounds more necro than the first two albums, with lots of heavy bass frequencies, samples of anguished cries in the background and terminator vocals. Then the b-side gets a lot sharper but no less chilly. Only listened to it three times so far and despite lacking a "hit" song, it still seems like their best album yet. It's incredibly engaging despite being relativey low key. If youve waited as long as i have to check it out, wait no more!
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

cr

Hijokaidan - Romance CD
Once a wise man (if I remember right it was Tisbor) on this forum said something like "Listening to Hijokaidan at high volume is one of the great pleasures of life".  Nothing more to add.

Btw, I'm looking for the Junko solo LP/CDs "Sleeping beauty" and "The Void". So if anyone knows where to get them or wants to get rid of them, just let me know.

Blasting next: Windom

vomitgore

Quote from: cr on March 01, 2019, 08:03:34 PM
Hijokaidan - Romance CD
Once a wise man (if I remember right it was Tisbor) on this forum said something like "Listening to Hijokaidan at high volume is one of the great pleasures of life".  Nothing more to add.

Btw, I'm looking for the Junko solo LP/CDs "Sleeping beauty" and "The Void". So if anyone knows where to get them or wants to get rid of them, just let me know.

The Void is available through Rumpsti Pumpsti

cr

Quote from: vomitgore on March 01, 2019, 08:27:48 PM
Quote from: cr on March 01, 2019, 08:03:34 PM
Hijokaidan - Romance CD

The Void is available through Rumpsti Pumpsti

Oh, that's great...Thanks B.!

Baglady

ONE DARK EYE - Death Is Knocking At The Door - C46 (Kadef)
Credited to Roemer and Liz Fox, but it reeks of Stella all over. Has all the typical ODE ingredients such as wailing spacy drones, psychedelic cutups, tape warble, voice samples, cats arguing, loops, mushroomy stuff etc. Some fine harsher blasts spread out here and there as well. All arranged in a solid mix, very varied yet still held together. I like this one just as much as I like the more well known Manic Depression and Transmissions Of Fistulae Auris. Beautiful stuff! A very generous edition of 30 copies from 1997, so happy hunting. But I'm quite sure Stella reissued it a year ago or so. Recommended!