PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ritual

Laxative Souls "Twist and Decease / Disinfektionsraum" 2CD (Trash Ritual)
Cold, harsh industrial that noone seems to make anymore. Simple, but powerful. Great stuff! I've been meaning to hunt down some old tapes for a while, but this CD re-issue was a lot easier to get hold of. And you get a lot of value for the money.

bitewerksMTB

OVER s/t tape on No Visible Scars; lim to 25. droning synth loop over spoken word about a rather interesting family life: violence, sex, hatred. Very interesting.
SICK SEED recent tape on Freak Animal; great metalwork. lots of variety for sounds/styles. need to give it another few listens. artwork makes me wish this had been a LP so the art was larger & i didn't have to drive to listen (same for OVER as you really ahve to pay attention to what is being said).

imaginaryforces

Erkki Kurenniemi - Aanityksia Recordings 63-73.
Antti Rannisto - Ääniesineitä
Autechre & The Hafler Trio - æ³o & h³æ
Whitehouse - Asceticists
Whitehouse - Bird Seed
Secret Museum of Mankind - Music of North Africa

halthan

Crass- Christ the album

NVS

Mania/Custodian(1st mix) callab track
Atrax Morgue-Omicidio 7'ep
Tater-Absolut Nothing
Climax Denial-Desire For Disease
Sickness-Fuck Your Punk Rock
Final Solution-All New Power
Felony Sexual Assault-Power To Humiliate
Robert Turman-Way Down

Kristian

INCAPACITANTS- AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE

WEREWOLF JERUSALEM- TENSION

CONTROLLED BLEEDING-SONGS FROM THE GUTTER

SKULLFLOWER-TRIBULATION

GOD-LOCO

CRACKSTEEL- BITCH JAP RUN

PAIN JERK- OFFICIAL BOOTLEG

M/B-SYMPHONY FOR A GENOCIDE

V/VM-LADY IN RED

terrified

PLASTIC BONER BAND - the Way of all Flesh
TAETER - Absolut Nothing
GRAIN BELT - Grain Belt
BRICHVILLE CAT MOTEL - Birchville Cat Motel
LAXATIVE SOULS - Desinfektionsraum
THE SHADOW RING - A Life Review (1993-2003)
DEATHKEY/BIZARRE UPROAR - split CS

m.

MAUTHAUSEN ORCHESTRA / NIMH - From Unhealthy Places. good new stuff

heretogo

v/a - Snatch Paste - An Assortment Of Snatch Tapes LP
I guess the best word for describing this stuff is "charming". You know, nice homegrown lo-fi sounds combined with clear youthful enthusiasm. I'm not a big fan of the 80s synth-pop sound but even those elements don't really bother me here. It all flows effortlessly and smoothly, very much my kind of compilation, nothing stands out too much from the rest.

Street Drinkers / Skeppet - split LP
What is with Sweden these days? So many good/great projects coming out that it's difficult to keep up. Skeppet is more laid back, simple sparse beats + some soft psychedelic atmospherics laid on top. Doesn't blow the mind but surely is tasty. Street Drinkers borders on the ominous but still keeps it fairly melodic & comfortable. Last track reaches all the way up to majestic but stops before getting there. Ättestupa comes to mind at times, I guess there is some shared personnel. Nothing complicated or extremely ambitious, just very nice late night music. Goes well with red wine.

bogskaggmannen

Quote from: heretogo on February 13, 2011, 07:46:38 PMWhat is with Sweden these days? So many good/great projects coming out that it's difficult to keep up.

I'm in Sweden and I don't know what you're talking about. To me, the situation is quite the opposite.

Dan J

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on February 13, 2011, 08:39:48 PM
Quote from: heretogo on February 13, 2011, 07:46:38 PMWhat is with Sweden these days? So many good/great projects coming out that it's difficult to keep up.

I'm in Sweden and I don't know what you're talking about. To me, the situation is quite the opposite.

crybaby, we left the 90's a few years back, might be wise to accept that, haha! do you even listen to the new stuff that gets released? i just find it hard to take your post serious when there's so much good going on now...

on the stereo....
raspberry bulbs - lone gunman cs (better than expected, wasn't too fond of the debut tape).
killer bug - brutal rainbow cs (great harsh noise, what else to expect!)
chop shop - powerdrunk cs (amazing soundwork...someone should step up and do a complete discography boxset of chop shop. for real)
misery - who's the fool lp (crustified amebix worship. love this lp)

imaginaryforces

Sewer Election & Altar of Flies.

Zeno Marx

Dajjal - s/t C-90 on Cathartic Process

Aggressive, industrial noise with long, epic travel as it meanders through so many different lands, all with equally great skill.  I've only listened to side A so far because something I enjoy this much is something I'm going to be patient absorbing.  Blew me away.  I was sometimes reminded of early noise industrialists, and at one point, I was thinking of Richard Ramirez during his I keep My Stuff Inside and /Alchemy of the 20th Century period.  Says it was recorded live, and if so, and not well rehearsed prior to the recording, he was blessed with at least one 45-minute span of everything working for him.  As much as it changes, it felt effortless.  This is why I continue to listen to industrial music, and if I can find something this rewarding even once a year, I'm satisfied.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

bitewerksMTB

CLUB MORAL social hygiene 10"- great little record esp worth it for the live tracks on s2.

Molluskground, Inc.

Izanami's Labour Pains - Osorezan No Itako 3" CDr
Siouxsie And The Banshees - Juju LP
Siouxsie And The Banshees - Nocturne 2xLP
Macronympha / Kakerlak - Split LP
T.E.F. - Consequences In Conversation CD