PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashmonger

Contortus - Your Weakness Feeds My Cruelty (CD, Freak Animal): Finally listening to the new album. Again very good. Rough PE, throbbing rythms, layers of feedback and other elements injecting some free flowing feeling as well, goes well with the rythms, some tracks go more into Harsh Noise territory. Good vocals. Damn sick lyrics. Coincidence has it that earlier today I visited the biggest local firestation (the biggest Belgian firestation actually) and a firefighter told some stories with gory details (f.e. about a guy who jumped in front of a truck to kill himself on the highway, bodypieces scattered over a kilometer, bodyparts turned in between the wheel and engine axis and his teeth through his eyesocket). However, even though this was a real situation and the lyrics are (I guess) not, they're sicker. Because there's a wholly different intent and setting around it. First was a description of a situation that happened. These lyrics are declarations of hatred and sickness. Nice layout too. Recommended overall.

muppet1

Angel Dust Whore / Pain Jerk split cs [Sound Probe, 1997]
Disappointing that it's difficult to track down the rest of his catalog, this is the only Angel Dust Whore release or side I've heard in full. What he's doing here bears similarity in a number of ways to a Pain Jerk-style, if a bit more relaxed. Certainly more American. Chalk it up to the speed of life in mid-90s Western Mass. Accomplished mic work - I love this sort of thing. Whatever the intention, entrance and exit of saxophone is hilarious and welcome within the context of material which is otherwise comfortingly orthodox in its palette and performance. Haven't grown tired of it three listens through. Pain Jerk side is languid compared to what I'd expect from him during this period and boasts an often hollow low-end heft which does well to compliment the slower speed of "Electro-Blues" and "Pig Wagon". Lumbering and viscous, great spacing and use of silence. Some of my favorite Pain Jerk material at the end of the day. No wonder Angel Dust Whore handles the a-side, as "Pig Wagon" would be tough to follow. Comes in a plastic bag - very good. Please dm if you have any ADW to unload.

Stall Man - Dead Orators cs [no label, 2018]
Robust and solid release - simple and direct. Mid-pitch whistling preface, then the rippling cardboard sounds begin. Ground hum soloing throughout evokes the iconic staccato small motor thrust of an inkjet printer. Momentum ramps up on the b-side. As far as this sort of noise is concerned, it feels rock & roll to me. The sound of the local pub rock band warming up then hitting its stride.

Lazrs3

Scum F.C. - Black Clouds. Got into these from the UK Power Electronics thread, so I found the Anti Social Kulture England page and got 3 tapes. I'd been impressed by the in warehouse metal clanging live performance. Black Clouds is that and even more, it seems to have field recordings of conversations and then descends into really raw metal abuse and shouting. The metal stabbing and hitting does build into masses of distortion that forms it's own walls. I am a bit blown away with what I've obtained, it's some of the rawest stuff I've heard in ages.

S.T.A.B. Electronics - Day of the Male & Born For Righteous Abuse/ Temple of Self Disgust Really love this artist, discovered in Facebook conversation, the shouting on Day of the Male impresses me very much. I will get more.

brutalist_tapes

finally giving "hlose" by black state a chance - great stuff! must admit i didn't like the earlier stuff that much, but this is good. looking forward to listening to that recent 7". gave mind control på GO a listen before that - it used to be one of my least liked by them, but it really grew on me when i gave it an attentive listen. otherwise just some punk rock stuff in the morning

Zeno Marx

that's a mighty large image you got there in your signature, brutalist_tapes.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

XXX

Quote from: Zeno Marx on November 27, 2018, 06:57:58 PM

off topic but i use the feature to turn off signatures and avatars. partly so i can browse at work but also to declutter the screen.

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: Harvest on November 27, 2018, 07:59:46 PM
Quote from: Zeno Marx on November 27, 2018, 06:57:58 PM

off topic but i use the feature to turn off signatures and avatars. partly so i can browse at work but also to declutter the screen.

Thanks for the tip, made reading the board much better...
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

HONOR_IS_KING!

Cosmic Church - "Ylistys"
Utterly magnificent. This album is a like a beautiful swash of colors and its presentation on 2xLP is gorgeous. Probably my favorite contemporary black metal release. I think the band got better when it dropped down to just the main guy. I feel like he's a much better drummer then the guy they had originally.

Caverne - "Aux Frontieres Du Monde"
Beautiful passageways and powerful, glorious moments magnified. Everything I like in a good black metal album. I eagerly await anything new from this act.

Paysage d'Hiver - "Das Tor"
Avoided this act for years until a good friend recommended them to me. Now I'm absolutely fascinated and want to hear even more. Atmosphere is top notch.

KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

ricjaff

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on November 28, 2018, 08:30:41 PM

Avoided this act for years until a good friend recommended them to me. Now I'm absolutely fascinated and want to hear even more. Atmosphere is top notch.

To this day the pinnacle of atmospheric bm for me. I'd recommend the S/T, Winterkaelte, the track "Schnee III" off the Nordlicht split, and Kerker. The other stuff hasn't affected me nearly as much, but worth investigating.

Also, if you haven't already, check out Darkspace which he is a member of. Specifically, listen to III.

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: ricjaff on November 29, 2018, 01:05:54 AM
Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on November 28, 2018, 08:30:41 PM

To this day the pinnacle of atmospheric bm for me. I'd recommend the S/T, Winterkaelte, the track "Schnee III" off the Nordlicht split, and Kerker. The other stuff hasn't affected me nearly as much, but worth investigating.

Also, if you haven't already, check out Darkspace which he is a member of. Specifically, listen to III.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Darkspace has easily some of the worst visuals ever but easily one of the hardest black metal bands out there.

PSALM 109

brutalist_tapes

will second the darkspace recommendation! initially though i wouldn't like it, but it's great stuff - one of the few bands that does the "sci-fi" thing niceley

DSOL

Akitsa - Credo
Album of the year for me personally. the most metal sounding album released from Akitsa in sometime, there is still some punk/Oi influence in the song structure but they are overshadowed by the strong Burzum and Darkthrone - Paznerfaust influence. I've always like Akitsa but was never a huge fan, this album completed changed that

Clandestine Blaze - Tranquility Of Death
if Akitsa didn't release Credo this would have been my pick for album of the year. such a consistent body of work with every album being better than the last one. this one has a darker/more bleak feel to than the last couple of albums. if you are already familiar with CB you know what you're getting

The Visitor - I Dream Death
Great Atrax Morgue influenced PE/Noise. its a shame this is only 3 songs 
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

FreakAnimalFinland

MILITIA "Ambiorix" CD
OEC
On first listen, I was focusing on spotting "mistakes" or comparing to my expectations what album could be. Further listening, and I listen album less analytic and can conclude it to be excellent album. Theme is step towards better. Strong, yet also little bit more vague in terms of it's association of current daily politics. More focusing on spirit of resistance.

KOMMANDO : 1 Funky Spasm tape
We don't need distributors 1
Pre-Thorofon, early recordings. Long tape of good industrial-synth-noise stuff.

BRANDKOMMANDO "Liquid Times" tape
Unrest
Revisiting tape I recalled sounding heavier than many other Brandkommando. 2010 release. Was it this mastered by mr. Unrest? Heavy electronics very much fitting Unrest roster, even if band isn't as innovative as Kevlar for example. Should probably check out how the latest material of this project sounds like.

BLACKHOUSE "We will fight back!" tape

Ladd Frith
Industrial music. Some tracks are good, while others have not dated nicely. 80's funky industrial handclap/slap bass stuff is something I never learned to appreciate.

COCK OF CORPSE "The only good cock is a dead cock" tape
TWR tapes
Lasse Marhaug and friend blasting some simple and raw harsh noise. No more, no less!

150 MURDEROUS PASSIONS tape

United Dairies
This is album that is seriously painful. When people complain that focusing too much of Whitehouse is barely deserved, as so much good stuff has emerged during last 40 years, I get the point. But I also can ask how many of power electronics units have created THIS piercing and disturbing recordings, and being also creative and unusual. There are some, but certainly 150 Murderous Passions can be re-visited year after year and it remains timeless classic.

ANAL EATER "bleeding at the cunt" demo 1995

Don't know when and how I got this, probably decades ago. Japanese noisecore that borders near harsh noise. Somewhere between Gerogerigegege at their short explosions era, meeting Deche-Charge or something like that. Barely instruments, barely "core", more regurgitation of primitive noise. Surprisingly good actually!

FABIO ORSI "Find electronica" CD + FABIO ORSI & VALERIO COSI "We could for hours" CD
A Silent Place
After many years of not being in the mood for "normal ambient" nor warm playful experimental music, I've been listening quite a lot of stuff like that. When it is slow waves and tones of electronics, some fragments of acoustic instruments blending in mix, like sinking into ocean of sounds - might be good. When saxphone starts honking funky melody patters, I can say there would be better use for my stereo system. Yet it is nevertheless inspirational to study composition and texture skills of some of these. Thinking how it could be applied to industrial/noise.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

HONOR_IS_KING!

Paysage d'Hiver - "Schattengang"
I'm going to be slowly working through everything this act has done. I thought it was going to be more of the same but I can tell its a different experience with every release.

Cosmic Church - "Split with Circle of Ouroboros"
I dont care much for CoO but CC I most certainly do. I believe its the last really raw release they did and the three tracks are ultra tight. Will probably spin again later today.

PSALM 109