PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALTMONOPOL

Not teaching you to suck eggs but unless it's brand new and shrink wrapped make sure the seller removes the discs from the sleeve before sending it. I've had more than my tolerable share of LP's with damaged spines lately. One would think seasoned sellers on discogs knew how to package a fucking record but many don't.

Enjoy Nihil, it's a good record.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Ashmonger

Quote from: TheGreatEcstasy on January 15, 2011, 01:33:57 AMNot teaching you to suck eggs but unless it's brand new and shrink wrapped make sure the seller removes the discs from the sleeve before sending it. I've had more than my tolerable share of LP's with damaged spines lately. One would think seasoned sellers on discogs knew how to package a fucking record but many don't.
I know it's a bit off topic here, and might be a bit of an unknowing question, but I don't really understand why it is important to get the LPs out of the sleeves. I've seen most of the mailorders do it, so there must be a good reason to it, but I'm just not certain what the difference is. It's got something to do what happens if the package bends?

GEWALTMONOPOL

The chances of the disc moving inside the sleeve during transport are almost 100% guaranteed which means a very good chance of the spine getting damaged. The last LP I ordered on discogs turned up with a 3 inch gash in the spine which I could have done without.

The strange thing is that so few people seem to know this. I assumed it was bread and butter stuff for anyone who deals with vinyl but such is not the case which as has been proven many times. The most irritating incident was when GO's Mind Control turned up with a damaged spine. That's a 150 euros worth of, before sending, near pristine essential genre artifact.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

absurdexposition

yep. a lot of people don't "get" proper mailorder practices. it's really not hard to remove a record from its sleeve or to add some extra padding, or tape all sides of a box including corners (or even more than just one piece of tape on an LP mailer...). at least i got this one on ebay, so i can always mark "item arrived damaged" or something to that effect (ebay still has that option, right?)
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Ashmonger

Oh, now I see, I was only thinking about the LP itself getting damaged, but it indeed makes sense that there is a good chance that the cover might get damaged. Well, glad to know now.

FreakAnimalFinland

Pain Jerk / Rock'n'Roll Jackie CD. It's unique. First track is pretty much setting mood of discomfort, and finally in 2nd track they unleash the beast. Album most definitely requires multiple plays. First time is more like foreplay to really know what they're doing and when you start to get overall image, you can actually start to go to details. Which, in this album, is such a overdose, perhaps most of all thanks to Jackies contribution? Pain Jerks best contributions are at the latter part. More about it in SI#5..

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Zeno Marx

two new bands [to my ears] that deserve more attention:

SFN - Itching 7" on Drugged Conscience - quality power-violence with a nice bass tone homage to Man is the Bastard (not style; tone) - Wisconsin PV no less.

New Lows - ALL (I believe they have a demo CDR, tape, and a coming album) - HEAVY, crushing HC that, as someone else put it, "totally dodges all the stuff i usually don't like from big label hard stuff", so no nu-metal and no riff-bending or pinched harmonics - HC, not sludge, though I'm sure it will get lumped into that by the lazy.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

magnus

Smycken/Viking jews - split LP. Smycken side is not my type of music at all, synth-pop sounding like a non-mysterious Residents, even has some vocals (i´m often not to fond of vocals...). Viking jews side is thankfully much better, but strange band name, sounds like something of old United Diaries compilation, lo-fi, exotic vibe, nice!
Amph - rapport om blinda - tape. Actually pretty similar in style to Viking Jews, but maybe even better, some percussions and chanting (i much prefer that to than singing!). Good one.
Hollow Bush - the harmonic module revealed -tape. From R. Stella and reminds me of the 4th side of Macronymphas "cut ups, drones...", like being in a machinehall with slowly rising alarm shriek. Brilliant tape!

chibitachop

Quote from: Zeno Marx on January 18, 2011, 12:33:35 AM
SFN - Itching 7" on Drugged Conscience - quality power-violence with a nice bass tone homage to Man is the Bastard (not style; tone) - Wisconsin PV no less.
I'm thrilled to see SFN mentioned on here! they're friends of mine from when I lived in Madison, WI - my old roommate drove them on their first east coast tour a few years back because none of them were old enough to drive at the time. the self-titled 7inch on 625 Thrash is also highly recommended

UGRA

NOD - The Story Of The Three Little Pigs And The Big Bad Wolf

First time I heard this project was downloading some samples from CMI´s site several years ago. Then I heard the whole album and really enjoyed it, and kept listening to it from time to time. Also their songs on Nihil are really nice. For some reason, I see really few people still mentioning the band. It can surely be due to the band´s small discography, but I have also read some really hard opinions about Nod.

Any infos about the current status of the project or if it´s member (Daniel Wihlstrand) is doing something under some other monicker?

FreakAnimalFinland

This is one of those bands that probably have problem being on label where their name is in shadow of so many bigger ones? When years ago, I took like 2 copies for sale, it took literally years to sell just 2.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Strömkarlen

Quote from: UGRA on January 18, 2011, 04:49:15 AM
Any infos about the current status of the project or if it´s member (Daniel Wihlstrand) is doing something under some other monicker?

I think it is pretty much over. Last time I met Daniel (a year or two ago) he hadn't been doing any music for ages. He is a playwright today and to my understanding that is what he does.

Ashmonger

Twodeadsluts Onegoodfuck (12"LP, Apop Records): Short noise attacks, with lots of feedback and rather strong vocals. B-side tracks are a bit longer and a less chaotic, but 'Another Dead Walpole Kid' sounds very bleak. Good stuff, even though it only lasts for about 17mins.

Twodeadsluts Onegoodfuck - Girls Born in the Nineties (3"CD, Apop Records): 14 tracks in 8 minutes. 4 tracks in the same vein as the LP, 10 tracks, forming one longer track, titled Girls Born in 1990 to Girls Born in 1999. Good stuff as well, though from the first listen I like the LP a bit more.

Neuntöter Der Plage - Swine (7", Nurse Etiquette): Dark Ambient/Death Industrial with Black Metal shrieking vocals with delay. Simple formula, very dark outcome, really like this.

Lodge of the Ancient Order - In Nomine Diabolus (7", Hellville Records): Read something about this obscure act and got interested, so I bought it to check it out. No bad guess. Kind of mixture between ritual/ceremonial drumming and a layer of noise, makes me think, together with the packaging aesthetic (being simple, but in a sort of medieval style), about Hexentanz, more or less same sort of atmosphere even though the music is different.

UGRA

Quote from: Strömkarlen on January 18, 2011, 11:35:51 AM
Quote from: UGRA on January 18, 2011, 04:49:15 AM

I think it is pretty much over. Last time I met Daniel (a year or two ago) he hadn't been doing any music for ages. He is a playwright today and to my understanding that is what he does.

Thanks for the info!
Interesting to know the guy is a playwright now.

As for a playlist, I was trying to organize my tapes today and listened some nice old stuff:
- 7 MON / NECROSE split tape
- FINAL EXIT / NAPALMED split tape
- PAINJERK / STEAM SYMPHONY split tape
- EYEHATELUCY "The First Attempt"

Molluskground, Inc.

Ash Pool - World Turns On Its Hinge CD
Bauhaus - Kick In The Eye (Searching For Satori E.P.) 7"
The Sisters Of Mercy - Temple Of Love 7"
Killing Joke - America 7"
Killing Joke - My Love Of This Land 7"
Killing Joke - A New Day 7"