PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalOrthodoxy

Quote from: Theodore on April 19, 2018, 02:52:43 PM

Noone can really complain about Hospital. Yes they release variety of material but they haven't abandoned noise. They do their "duty" and keep delivering. For example this is from their latest newsletter :

Absolutely. Not to mention new Strom.ec, recent Grey Wolves/Con-Dom/Anenzephalia/Merzbow reissues, Skin Crime, Geography of Hell....

FreakAnimalFinland

Been listening to a lot of "what is this..." type of finds from my own shelves, hah. It's the brutal reality of noise-hoarder who grew up with little or no money, drooling over Artware, Tesco, RRR, Anomalous etc catalogues. And when some of these big distros collapsed at some point, and places like Artware or Cold Spring sold their inventory dirt cheap, I ended up buying literally thousands of items. Now I feel should have bought more, since still feels like "missing so much", hah.. But then again, looking at boxes of hundreds of tapes and CD's never listened before (- that I can remember of at least) sometimes it makes one question whether it makes sense to buy more at all?!

MYSTIC MOOG ORCHESTRA CD

Odd noise CD from mid 90's. Couple guys blasting rather mediocre noise of moog lazer noises. It is basically obscurity of label and '94 CD release, that makes it fairly interesting title.

DISLOCATION "Out of memory" CDR
This is the reason why I do not like CDR. Fucking digital glitch noise starting to corrupt otherwise fine jap impro free noise sessions. 1996-1998 recordings edited to CDR nearly 20 years ago, now most of the disc unlistenable glitch.... pfff...

TIDAL "Golem and man" CDR
This works fine. And it is really pleasant droning minimal ambient done back in 2001-2002. Manifold release, in cloth sealed with wax seal and cdr between folded insert. I would probably include in my shelves unless it was CDR. Now, already heavily worn out in cardboard sleeve, it'll end up as freebie to some customer...

EVIL MOISTURE / HANATARASH "Fatanarchy on airtube" CD
This release looked so stupid, I filed it on shelves probably decade ago ...or when it came out? Now, first time opened from shrinkwrap and I can appreciate the hand made rawness of some stuff, but overall, the humor noise of this type doesn't resonate with my brain that much anymore.

NOCTURNAL EMISSIONS "Duty Experiment" CD
This, being total opposite. I don't remember when there was situation where lots of N.E. CD's were possible to grab for dirt cheap price. But I did. And have gone through them little by little. Some decent ambient type of stuff. Some utterly annoying techno one could not even listen through entirely. But things like this CD, makes it all worth searching. Early demo stuff, experiments, raw and fierce industrial-noise from 1980-1984. All brilliant, zero shitty tracks. As wholeness, maybe even better than VOD box set of early days.

V/A VIVA NEGATIVA - A tribute to blockaders vol II - Europe 2xCD
This is material from those VOD tribute boxes. Like all TNB remix/collab projects has been for many many years, it's hit & miss. In some ways, it is utterly useless material from certain names, but then again, Runzelstirn & Gurgelstock track alone makes it worth to get this double CD! If couple tracks would have been rejected - or lets say, one CD instead of two, it could have been brilliant. And way better than many other TNB collaboration releases out there.

... still from pile grabbed from home was Freedom of Vacuum label's BELT CD... whatever this was. Still in shrinkwrap and Artware's 32 Deutsch Mark price tag on it, haha.. Pretty much every day been diggin up pile of CD's and always some nice surprises hidden among releases that has been sitting on shelves for good reason.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ricjaff

Quote from: totalblack on April 19, 2018, 01:48:49 PM
And although I do think NATO Uniformen is great - I think that "Of Man, Of Genious" \ "Fall Where They Would" \ "Turned Back" tapes are more 'solid' due to their shorter lengths, and the "Psychology Of Love" LP was where I personally started and got hooked.

no one ever seems to mention "machine gun nest", but i think it's good as well.

SiClark

Quote from: ricjaff on April 19, 2018, 08:23:10 PM
And although I do think NATO Uniformen is great - I think that "Of Man, Of Genious" \ "Fall Where They Would" \ "Turned Back" tapes are more 'solid' due to their shorter lengths, and the "Psychology Of Love" LP was where I personally started and got hooked.

Machine Gun Nest Volume 0 compilation has three of the tapes already mentioned. It's a damn fine compilation though, 'Gold' and 'Virgins' are perfect tracks to open and close it.

totalblack

Quote from: Si Clark on April 19, 2018, 08:50:56 PM
Quote from: ricjaff on April 19, 2018, 08:23:10 PM

Machine Gun Nest Volume 0 compilation has three of the tapes already mentioned. It's a damn fine compilation though, 'Gold' and 'Virgins' are perfect tracks to open and close it.

Also, "Around The Dragon's Broken Neck Hangs The Medal Of Saint Lazarus" which has 'Gold' and 'Virgins' on it is a fantastic compilation, the Lussuria track "Fox with the Eyes and Ears Burned Out" is a perfect tribute\worship\execution of early Drift material, which I suppose is fitting as the comp is said to be Dedicated to Slaughter Productions

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 19, 2018, 05:24:06 PMBut then again, looking at boxes of hundreds of tapes and CD's never listened before (- that I can remember of at least) sometimes it makes one question whether it makes sense to buy more at all?!

Do you ever feel you're going to go to your grave without having listened to everything you own?
Shikata ga nai.

re:evolution

Quote from: FallOfNature on April 19, 2018, 11:13:05 AM
Lussuria  / Alberich ‎– Borgia LP
Unfamiliar with both artists until now, and I'm impressed. I'm not a follower of Hospital Productions related projects usually and I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. Atmosphere heavy, drones, too engaging to be mere background noise ambient/drone. Some heavier, more intense moments. Well worth the $20 I threw at it.

Recent reviews relevant to the discussions on Lussuria and Alberich:

https://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/2018/04/19/alberich-lussuria-%e2%80%8e-borgia/
https://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/2018/04/11/lussuria-standstill/
https://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/2018/04/06/alberich-precursor/

noise receptor: sound with impact - analysing the abstract
http://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/
http://www.noisereceptor.bigcartel.com

spectrum magazine archive: ambient / industrial / experimental / power electronics / neo-folk music culture magazine
http://spectrummagarchive.wordpress.com/

Euro Trash Bazooka

Basically, everyone should just listen to Alberich.

I haven't checked Lussuria yet. I don't like the name, which is enough to detract me from listening to it and to check out something else instead.

Last things I listened to:

BACILLUS - Re-Emergence: The first of his return recordings. I like the straight-to-the-point approach of the project and the use of varied techniques and sound sources, shorter tracks are perfect, no self-indulgence, great.

KATHARSIS - Fourth Reich: Can't believe this EP is 9 years old already. I secretely hope the band has been busy working on some stuff without telling anyone and that NoEvDia will drop some black metal bomb someday to everyone' surprise. It feels more focussed than its predecessors, yet as frenetic and demanding, as suffocating. I sometimes wish the band had a less dense sound so we could breathe a bit but it would most certainly be detrimental to their supreme status. Killer riffs exalting Darkthrone and certain Swiss bands they both have as common influence all along, vicious vocals, furious drums, amazing instrumental interlude, total black metal supremacy.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on April 20, 2018, 03:21:29 AM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 19, 2018, 05:24:06 PMBut then again, looking at boxes of hundreds of tapes and CD's never listened before (- that I can remember of at least) sometimes it makes one question whether it makes sense to buy more at all?!

Do you ever feel you're going to go to your grave without having listened to everything you own?

It is possible, but there's many things in life what was planned, but not completed, hah..
Today been listening lots of new ALTAR OF PERVERSION album. 2 hour album of monolithic BM is not easy to swallow. Somehow different than listening 2 hours of noise. When you expect some catchiness in tracks, but there is barely none. Most of old school riffing present at debut album (2001...) is absent. After 3 listenings so far, it feels each time betters. Just 2 hour metal album isn't one of those things what is bound to be on heavy rotation. GOAT SEMEN demo reissue LP, one of the best modern age (2003) bestial attacks. Totally savage and wild.

Archive digging has resulted:
LIEUTENANT CARAMEL "Et sonner les coucous" mCD
Good experimental/electronics works, what would most likely fit well into those Metamkine 3"s. This is Sounds For Consciousness Rape label early CD's. Find myself repeating, but think of era before computer editing, how more adventurous material sounded. LIEUTENANT CARAMEL brands himself as hunter of sounds, and that does come through from his work. Variety and interesting sounds here makes me want to check out his Monochrome Vision label's 2xCD of 80's works...

V/A Adventures of Modern Electronics CD
Pinch A Loaf Productions (pre-Groundfault) label compilation from 1997. What a disgrace this has been sitting decades sealed in shelves, hah... If not all killer, at least good stuff from everybody. Aube maybe not at his best, but Pain Jerk totally rips everything to shreds, Smell & Quim in their murky industrial noise loops. Kazumoto Endo has stutterloops and fast harshness in his usual style, but less silent spaces, less cuts, more all-out assault.  Haters surprisingly laid back - yet good. Spastic Colon neat electronic drones and oscillations. And those not mentioned, nice stuff as well.
You can still grab these cheap from discogs. Very much recommended.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Soloman Tump

Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on April 19, 2018, 01:13:42 PM
Unfamiliar with both artists until now, and I'm impressed. I'm not a follower of Hospital Productions related projects usually and I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. Atmosphere heavy, drones, too engaging to be mere background noise ambient/drone. Some heavier, more intense moments. Well worth the $20 I threw at it.

Try to check out Alberich's "NATO Uniformen", it's amazing.

As a crossover with the bandcamp discussion elsewhere, I just paid for the mp3 files of NATO Uniformen.  As there is around 4 hours of music to get stuck into, I was happy to pay for the digital files only since I do not have a working tape player anyway and I suspect the tapes are rare to get hold of in the 2nd hand market.

totalblack

Quote from: Soloman Tump on April 20, 2018, 04:19:33 PM
Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on April 19, 2018, 01:13:42 PM

Try to check out Alberich's "NATO Uniformen", it's amazing.

As a crossover with the bandcamp discussion elsewhere, I just paid for the mp3 files of NATO Uniformen.  As there is around 4 hours of music to get stuck into, I was happy to pay for the digital files only since I do not have a working tape player anyway and I suspect the tapes are rare to get hold of in the 2nd hand market.

Yeah the tapes are quite expensive, but there is a condensed 2xLP version of the set that was made a few years back. But there is a decent chunk of missing material.

cr

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 20, 2018, 03:29:28 PM
Today been listening lots of new ALTAR OF PERVERSION album. 2 hour album of monolithic BM is not easy to swallow. Somehow different than listening 2 hours of noise. When you expect some catchiness in tracks, but there is barely none. Most of old school riffing present at debut album (2001...) is absent. After 3 listenings so far, it feels each time betters. Just 2 hour metal album isn't one of those things what is bound to be on heavy rotation.

First listening session today, impression was really good, and as you say - it's  monolithic BM. Looking forward for the next round.

Strangecross

Entre Vifs - Kohle + Stahl cs Aussaat
Just amazing. Material from 2015. Sounds like a mix between TNB and Hollow Bush.  Seems to be carried out with such ease in a simple manner of layering, which i guess adds to the magic of it. sound palate is just perfect the whole time, the title translates to Carbon + Steel, and the sound reminds me of such elements, or cement blocks.

WCN

HEAT SIGNATURE - Disguised Human Presense CS - (self-released 2016)
Heat Signature is Brad Griggs and Luke Tandy, 2 out of 3 from the incredible Griggs-Tandy-Aune trifecta, unsung midwest HN masters whose collaborations always bear great fruits. This is a one sided c60 of absolutely killer harsh noise. Perfectly paced, always changing through a rich and wild sound pallet, each new layer combination better than the last. Entire tape has a great rugged mastering job, where all layers gel together seamlessly while retaining power and without sounding excessively lo-fi or flubby. Highest recommendation.

V/A - WNF: Tag Team Noise Rumble Spectacular LP - (Stinky Horse Fuck 1996)
Ran into this at a local shop, was shocked I had never heard of it and it was so cheap. Macronympha, Incapacitants, Strict, Haters, Dogliveroil, AMK, Schimpfluch, Evil Moisture, S+Q plus more... this was a no brainer. Wrestling themed compilation, with bands battling against each other: one in the right channel, one in the left and a DING DING!!! to mark the end of the match and move onto the next... Dumb of course, and the mastering job is pretty crappy, with the dynamic range unusually large and the overall volume pretty quiet, but a fun record. Some of the combinations are annoying, some are brutal and joyous. I love the old school stupidity of it the more I listen.

KAKERLAK - Among The Minutiae CS- (Stiff Sanctorum 2015)
As everyone knows and always says, "Kakerlak always delivers", but this tape kind of bothered me when I first got it. It's his classic ultra-hard sickening noise, but this recording has a layer of more raw and slow metal abuse over the top, which is quite hot in the mix. A bit like the sounds in his masterpiece "The Gardener", but I found it somewhat distracting layered over his mega-violent and "fast textured" walls in this case. Returning to it, it's a great sounding tape I can't deny, and I've gotten more used to the mix, though it requires blurring my ears a bit.

LEGLESS/BEING - split CS - (Angst 2017)
Long tape of absolutely relentless harsh noise. Both sides sound like masterfully executed live-to-tape sessions. Extremely violent with some jaw dropping moments. Essential tape for harsh heads in 2017.

POTR/BACULUM - split CS - (Phage Tapes 2016)
Live recordings from the 2 main projects of Sam Stoxen of Phage Tapes. POTR is industrial PE. These tracks are themed around animal cruelty and industrial agriculture. I think I was at this show, and I remember it being a strong set, but as I listen to the recording, the pitched/flanged vocals bother me. The BACULUM side on the other hand is more my thing, and it rips! Straight to the point brutal harsh noise. An underrated project, especially live.

BLIND DATE - Lying All The Time CS - (Idiopathic Records 2017)
Don't know much at all about this project. The tape was given to me when I visited the Thousands of Dead Gods shop in Brooklyn, and described as "as if someone was obsessed with the mid 2000s Troniks catalog and at the same time a music theory buff." May be an obnoxious description, but appropriate, in a positive sense. Heavy, crumbling, physically sourced sounds played and assembled in a very thoughtful and subtle way. Somewhat emo overtones, mainly from the project name and titles, but the sounds themselves remain dry and cold, never any melancholy piano loops or minor chord drones brought in, which I appreciate. It's a long tape, and the ending loses it a bit when it gets into really stripped down contact mic stuff and squealing vocal sounds, but overall highly recommended for checking out some quality new blood.
Harsh Noise label and EU based distro of American Imports
https://whitecentipedenoise.com/

eyesofsatan

Quote from: WCN on April 22, 2018, 12:03:48 PM

BLIND DATE - Lying All The Time CS - (Idiopathic Records 2017)
Don't know much at all about this project. The tape was given to me when I visited the Thousands of Dead Gods shop in Brooklyn, and described as "as if someone was obsessed with the mid 2000s Troniks catalog and at the same time a music theory buff." May be an obnoxious description, but appropriate, in a positive sense. Heavy, crumbling, physically sourced sounds played and assembled in a very thoughtful and subtle way. Somewhat emo overtones, mainly from the project name and titles, but the sounds themselves remain dry and cold, never any melancholy piano loops or minor chord drones brought in, which I appreciate. It's a long tape, and the ending loses it a bit when it gets into really stripped down contact mic stuff and squealing vocal sounds, but overall highly recommended for checking out some quality new blood.

Highly recommend his second release under the Blind Date moniker "Levitation Game" which was released on Dead Gods earlier this year. You must've visited right before it came out. Really enjoy the first tape but this is a big step up. Shorter (a c15), straight to the point and absolutely crushing with the same high quality arrangement / editing.