PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on January 08, 2011, 09:07:49 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 08, 2011, 06:43:28 PM
Graveland,...

Polish GRAVELAND? If so, I knew one of main mambers... and I had probably their  first tape.

yeah, you mean Rob/Darken, who is only one in band since 90's? I guess Capricornus has been out band since 90's and out of scene permanently for years too. Several years ago I talked with him about some LP versions, but then he disappeared. Been listening the new split 7", which is fine, but not as good as they are at their best. From 1993 to 1997 pure gold, after that, hits & misses.
Also listening today polish bands Kataxu and Necator. Kataxu at their best is totally epic black metal. Or Swastyka "prophecies of aryan moon".. even if merely intro+1 song + burzum cover, very good.

Also on play list, some Sibelius, which is fine for Finnish classical music, yet not as adventurous and dark as classical can be at the best.
AntiChildLeague/Silent Abuse split 7" good stuff too.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 08, 2011, 10:11:01 PM
Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on January 08, 2011, 09:07:49 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 08, 2011, 06:43:28 PM
Graveland,...

Polish GRAVELAND? If so, I knew one of main mambers... and I had probably their  first tape.

yeah, you mean Rob/Darken, who is only one in band since 90's? I guess Capricornus has been out band since 90's and out of scene permanently for years too. Several years ago I talked with him about some LP versions, but then he disappeared. Been listening the new split 7", which is fine, but not as good as they are at their best. From 1993 to 1997 pure gold, after that, hits & misses.
Also listening today polish bands Kataxu and Necator. Kataxu at their best is totally epic black metal. Or Swastyka "prophecies of aryan moon".. even if merely intro+1 song + burzum cover, very good.

Also on play list, some Sibelius, which is fine for Finnish classical music, yet not as adventurous and dark as classical can be at the best.
AntiChildLeague/Silent Abuse split 7" good stuff too.

Yes, he was Darken. I am impressed your knowledge about Polish black metal music. Unfortunately, this kind music never have influenced on me.

Now I listen to French STENKA BAZIN and his "Survie" (Emergence Du Repus) tape. Very interesting old school industrial from the 80s. Prepared tapes, experimental sounds, multilplanes sonic structures. No doubt, it should be reissued on CD. 

RG

Graveland is good, and so is his side project Lord Wind. There is an element of cheese but overall the stuff is great. A whole project inspired by the soundtrack to Conan the Barbarian.

Levas

Regicide Bureau - Zugzwang

If there's a duller way to start a day than with this record you should tell me... The record I cannot see anything positive about. The CDr case is quite nice though.

SKY BURIAL

Jón Leifs, particulary the compositions Geysir and Hekla. Jón Leifs is an often overlooked Icelandic composer whose compositions often approached near "industrial" intensity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4iFB5iW7ks

GEWALTMONOPOL

After all the talk about a dead and shit forum it's time to get back to business!

EX.ORDER - Broadcast 23 a Live Documentation, LP

Classic cold as fuck SPK worshipping German industrial. Within its genre this is as good as it gets. I only have this and the CD reissued by IA last year. If all of it is as good as this I'll have to buy the lot.

NOISE PROPAGANDA Volume 3, C60

Only the a side of this so far. I was told the DIUTESC track is shit but I found it OK. Not great by any means but acceptable. HAARE chose the same theme as I did without asking my permission first. He's a rude boy but It's a great track. I don't stay on top of HAARE releases the way I used to but it seems he's getting nastier and darker by the release. VIDINE RAMYBE is totally unknown to me. It's very good. Heavy and massive with a fluttering quality which gives a feeling of saturation, as if something is about to burst. SICK SEED is more full on and sounds as unhinged as he did on the Hated Perversions compilation. That's the side of SS I miss sometimes so I'll put this in the category of my prefered tracks by him. STEEL HOOK PROSTHESIS are one of those American acts who sound more European. I like that of course. I see similarities sound wise to Control and on many occasions SHP are just as good even if they haven't recieved the same attention. This track starts with a low end and dirty bass tone/drone with a sample about Unit 731 over it. A rythm kicks after a while adding further heaviness to the track. It's excellent! SHP can do this with their eyes shut and hands tied behind their backs and that's why I love them. 

I'm not enough of a gay asshole to sit here and big up my own track. It's CIA/MK Ultra themed and that's about all I have to say about it. Thanks for inviting me on the compilation. More later...

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Ashmonger

Bereft - Your Messiah Will Fail (CDr, Bloodlust!): Very nice death industrial album. Some nice feedback, apart from that, hard to describe, however in a way, it's no surprise that it's half of The Vomit Arsonist, although, to be honest, I like The Vomit Arsonist just a bit more. Anyway, if you like VA, or Death Industrial in general, I think it very worthwile to check this out.

Zeno Marx

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

FreakAnimalFinland

I do appreciate all the Ex.Order releases. One can always argue, something small happened when they moved into computer technology, BUT, when they sound wasn't that "dirty" to begin with, they actually did the transformation pretty well. Same can be said about Inade, and while I used to worship some old Inade 10" above most of their works, I must say that new album felt like project might be at their strongest?! Ex.Order new album that came out at end of 2010, remains faithful to their style.

Travis Johnson

I really enjoyed the Tearing The Wings Off Of Butterflies comp on Taint Entertainment last night - one of the best noise/PE collections I've heard. In contrast to that, I've been listening to lots of Afro Cuban music.
I just listened to Ami Yoshida's Tiger Thrush (very nice album of 99 brief improvisations for voice and electronics) and will probably be checking out the Airway/Hijokaidan split next.

LIFE

Quote from: SILVUM on January 09, 2011, 10:30:17 AM
YES.  I love that stuff... total worship to Kataxu and Sunwheel.

Also Veles and Thunderbolt.

Really enjoyed the recent Selbstmord album.

I was also re-listening to the Sacrilegium CD a few months ago and it really hit the spot.

Then there's stuff I love that is uncool to like and I think nobody else likes: Perunwit and Wojnar... I can't help liking slightly cheesy Conan tribute atmospheres.

Perunwit's first demo is great. A good dooming folk sound... better than the "apocalyptic folk" genre.... not that there is a reason to compare them, just much more effective at those feelings.

P-K

some spinning these days:

Somewhere In Europe : gestures  cd
.....picked up a secondhand copy in a "why not try this?" mood and man, what an album. i wouldn't call it 'neofolk', it's way to weird & varied. excellent....

Hermann Kopp : nekronology  lp ....great soundtrack work, red/black splattered vinyl, embossed gatefold sleeve, ....tracks like Unholy really make my skin crawl.

Club Moral : mit neuen waffen  cd .....18tracks ! and only a few that really are of interest imho....respect @ doing reissues like this but i can't shake the feeling many releases are just for the sake of 'archiving' old material, good or bad.....i don't see the point of ultralofi live recordings, CM has a lot more to offer imho....

magnus

The Rita - snorkel/skate - LP. i like everything with this record, concept, covers, sound, all lovely. On the skate side more of the soundsource can be percieved and it is also the more varied side, but both are head-on noise that´s balsam for the soul...

Gomeisa - ego death - tape. 2 static walls of noise in 1 hour, minimal changes, rumpling and sparkling, to be honest i can´t explain what i like so much about this, just find it quite brilliant!

Envenomist - the reservoir - tape. Slow moving synth á la early Tangerine dream or stuff on Drone rec. label, 4 distict pieces with a bit more edge on the b-side. Don´t listen much to music like this anymore, it tends to get kind of boring after a while, but this is pretty good. Would work well as soundtrack to sci-fi/post apocalypse movie.

Peter Kowald - bass solo - LP. 40 minutes of only acoustic bass may sound like limited idea, but as the free jazz legend he is Kowald pulls this off in a fantastic way. Only couple of minutes of traditional playing rest is like looming and droning soundscape with lots of changes, really dark and mysterious, at the end he does a bit of his usual chanting. I believe a few of you here could really appreciate this extraordinary record!

ARKHE

Never heard of Kowald before, found two 10 min solos on spotify... mesmerizing. Thank you very much for that recommendation...!

FreakAnimalFinland

ERIC LUNDE "drawing circles in the asphalt with the back of your head" LP
a.k.a. limited edition vinyl release of selections of "ootheka" CDr.
Cleaner and more electronics material. I must say, that LP format is very good for this - due shorter length and the atmosphere it offers. Some weaker tracks have been removed and even if not perhaps his best works, it offers different side than the ultra decayed & recycled and the field recordings. 100 copies edition on Trait Media.