Special Interest
January 21, 2018, 10:38:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 [457]
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 1668775 times)
Zeno Marx
Diehard user

« Reply #6840 on: January 12, 2018, 04:16:50 AM »

Listening to a bunch of Velvet Underground / Theatre Of Eternal peripheral stuff... lots of Tony Conrad and Charlamagne Palestine... realizing I like Conrad more for his conceptual contributions than solo sound... at least the stuff I was listening was too dry to warrant deep passion... he was great live, and again a lot of his conceptual stuff rules, but the sounds are more historical.  Palestine, I like when he gets a gimmick right, but it all seems very functional and it strives to be fleshed out with his eccentric nonsense.  Luckily Alga Marghen always makes the stuff look good.  But some stuff is just flat and annoying and the phenomena arent there.  Lucier and early Reich they hit serious concept and execution power... these dudes not so much... and Reich is really only good w the early stuff.  Tape loops and a few phasing minimal actions... like a lot of people copy but dont get whats going on, hence lots of waste of time Palestine rambling works.  And I love hyper minimalism.
I'd have to agree about Conrad.  There are a couple recordings I like a lot, though I'm having trouble remembering them by name right now, but it's a lot more miss than hit.  Same with Reich, but with possibly an even lesser success rate.  Something I heard for the first time just recently is related:

Henry Flynt - You Are My Everlovin'/Celestial Power 1986 - I'd be very surprised if Earth hadn't heard these tracks - countrified The Velvet Underground - decent and interesting, but with this listen, it felt really longwinded.

EDIT:  countrified The Velvet Underground minimalism
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:10:39 PM by Zeno Marx » Logged

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.
NaturalOrthodoxy
moderate user

« Reply #6841 on: January 12, 2018, 02:21:11 PM »

Koufar - My Name is My Name

https://norentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/my-name-is-my-name-nrr62

Best release I've heard from this project, better even than Lebanon for Lebanese. Really varied sounds and kind of rough around the edges which makes it all the more aggressive. Stellar vocal performance with the trademark weird delay effect heard on most Koufar material and lyrics that are obviously incredibly personal and full of anger. To my knowledge it's rare to hear personal lyrics in P.E. that aren't either abstract/philosophical or the performer taking on an extreme character, so this gives the release the feel reminiscent of hardcore or even hip hop, and an almost voyeuristic atmosphere.

Missed out on the tape from No Rent but I hear there are gonna be ltd artist copies coming soon too!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:31:29 PM by NaturalOrthodoxy » Logged

KMusselman
Heavy user

« Reply #6842 on: January 14, 2018, 05:19:38 AM »

damn… if this isn’t a rock out track!  of course they are from Sheffield, England!  pretty much any English group i am into comes from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUqdN8_Gvk8
Kim V
moderate user

Detrimental Effect

« Reply #6843 on: January 14, 2018, 10:58:53 AM »

damn… if this isn’t a rock out track!  of course they are from Sheffield, England!  pretty much any English group i am into comes from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUqdN8_Gvk8

love it.

gabalgabow
user

« Reply #6844 on: January 14, 2018, 07:46:25 PM »

WARNINGFOG
Killer old school grind from Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJE81fu7jqI

MORE THAN SOUNDS Webzine:
http://morethansounds.toile-libre.org
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #6845 on: January 14, 2018, 10:15:11 PM »

The last few nights I've listened to the first two Teitanblood releases, Negative Plane's debut on Ajna, & the two new records by Grunt plus that Bizarre-SS-Mania thing.

I've also listened to Coil's "Scatology" & "Horse Rotorvator" cd's (the "Steve, Pay Us what you owe us" reissues). Classics, for sure.

tiny_tove
Overkill user

ELETTRONICA RADICALE EDIZIONI

« Reply #6846 on: January 15, 2018, 05:34:41 PM »

many lasse marhaug's releases in different shapes. and I like all of them

Baglady
user

« Reply #6847 on: January 17, 2018, 10:39:24 AM »

MSBR - Supplement CS (MSBR/Apraxia)
Been listening to this cassette from 1995 quite alot the past week. It belongs to his more calm works, but with little hints (or threats) of his usual harsh temper and grit. Beeps, radio, clanking and some rythmic parts here and there (not beats though). This one is hard to get into in my case, but I can't let go of it.

Speaking of Koji Tano's more odd work, I'm curious about CRUEL SCIENCE IN BABYLON. How is the CSIB split with TELEPHERIQUE from 1997? Anyone here with a fresh memory of it?
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #6848 on: January 18, 2018, 08:45:36 PM »

Celtic Frost "Morbid Tales" LP & one side of Katharsis "Fourth Reich" MLP

Scat-O-Logy
Diehard user

« Reply #6849 on: January 19, 2018, 08:41:56 PM »

one side of Katharsis "Fourth Reich" MLP

Nice! Actually had 666 lined up for tonight... Just playing and what can one comment...?

666!!! FUCK YOOOOUUUU!!!

Stoa
user

Hate globally, act peripherally

« Reply #6850 on: January 19, 2018, 09:35:15 PM »

SLEEP COLUMN "Maniac"
While I've reduced the amount of online HNW I consume, I still think some of these guys create great stuff. This one is not a download, but a physical CDr. Nice, green, minimalist cover. With no less than TWO editions, both of which consisting of ten copies, this is more or less the Jackie Collins-book of wallnoise. Two tracks of widely divergent length (10:01 and an even half hour respectively), each beginning with some kind of horror/slasher sample or whatever. Once that is over with (very quickly for the first track, somewhat less quickly for the second) it's all about the crunching wall noise. It is amazing. Obviously devoid of any notable change or dynamics, it still has that driving crunch some of these Russians are so good at achieving. This almost makes me wish there was a dance style for static harsh noise. Obviously there is much of similar fare available, especially online, but this was just the ticket tonight. Good times. Being sober for extended periods of time apparently awakens the HNW fan in me.

Stoa

Synth är tuffare än hårdrock. Industri är tuffare ändå.

Laulakaa taasen kunniaa Herran
Katsokaa, kuinka kaunis on maa
Kiittäkää, Herra hoivaten kantaa
Silloinkin, kun kellot kumahtaa
Johann
user

« Reply #6851 on: January 20, 2018, 07:31:27 AM »

Been listening to a lot in the last two days

Tonight:
Aaron Dilloway & John Wiese - ‘something’ Caves 7”: dark and aggressive, real quick play but well worth it. Some of my favorite cover art ever.

Your Father was a Poser how about You - 7MON: all info about this release says its 33 rpm...feels a bit slow, almost sounds like only drums and vocals. Still good, not particularly aggressive but personally appealing in a lot of ways.

Our Culture is Boring - 7MON: much faster than the previous one, fast paced noisecore...vocals are funny as hell when intelligible.

Sissy Spacek- Gate 7”: Brutal fast noisecore, All high end... free floating feed back, harsh and unforgiving

Protes Bengt “in Bengt we trust” : Mob 47 boys, Swedish hc is perfect and this never disappoints

Also a whole lotta reggae tonight, Augustus Pablo Meets King Tubby, Lee Perry  Return of the Super ape and Madlib ‘Blunted in the Bomb Shelter”
F82123

« Reply #6852 on: January 20, 2018, 05:09:04 PM »

Also a whole lotta reggae tonight, Augustus Pablo Meets King Tubby, Lee Perry  Return of the Super ape and Madlib ‘Blunted in the Bomb Shelter”
I forgot about that Madlib mix, it's a killer. That whole early 00s undergroundish  hip hop scene was full of talent.

Fatigued & Relapsing
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 [457]
  Print  

Jump to: