PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theodore

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 09, 2018, 09:25:11 AM
S*CORE "Crime" CD
This appears to be the last S*Core album that came out before he disappeared.

If someone could find him proposing to re-release his tapes, his contributions to cassette VAs , as boxset or series, and he accepts ... That would be greatest news !
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

FreakAnimalFinland

Indeed. What I know, guys who put out his tracks on compilations already c. 15 years ago, had no means to get replies from him. Pretty much everything stops in late 90's. Only few obscure collaborations that probably were made by other participant.  For years, once in a while, I have tried to google, search social media, and find the person but no luck. If someone from Japan knows what happened to him, information would be greatly appreciated.

His old tapes reissued properly on CD would be highly important. Good quality LP probably fine, but original artwork would be best to format into CD size.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Zeno Marx

RE:  S*Core

Ben Gilbert at Zabriskie Point (aka giantleech on eBay, or something like that) might be a good contact.  That is, if you can get him to respond.  The kind of person who was outgoingly helpful...the type of person who dug through the classifieds of MRR to find noiseheads to talk and expose music...who wrote long, great letters.  Then...BAM!...no contact.  Wouldn't respond to penpals who had been around for a decade or more.  Cold turkey.  New life.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Mattias G

Quote from: Duncan on January 09, 2018, 10:36:18 AM
Quote from: Deadpriest on January 07, 2018, 07:54:53 PM
Just listened to Black Magic Pond by John Wiese which I really didn't enjoy. I listened to Soft Punk the other day, which I liked even less. Thinking about why, all I could come up with is they're cut ups with no aggression. Used to really like these albums even though I listened to Flesh and Bone by sickness a lot too.

Have you heard Circle Snare? I found that one particularly heavy when I was on a big Wiese binge last year. It's true that his work rarely seems to be about aggression and that isn't something I look for at all with him, but it certainly can be found throughout his back catalogue. I remember that I used to find his records quite hard to listen to for being so frenetic and cut up but it really clicked over the last couple of years as my own preferences veered into this kind of concrete/electro acoustic inspired direction.  The album with Evan Parker is just excellent from this point of view.

Don't forget the John Wiese ‎– Seven Of Wands CD on PAN if you like the more electro acoustic stuff. It is a few years ago I played it but I remembers it as a really good record. Focused. And like the most PAN records from that time it has the screen printed sleeve and looks good. Even for a cd. Seems like it kind of cheap on discogs also.

Andrew McIntosh

Small Cruel Party's "An Accident in Substance" is ruling me right now.
Shikata ga nai.

Deadpriest

Listening to Machinefabriek at high volume is amazing.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

Zeno Marx

Quote from: SILVUM on January 11, 2018, 10:21:54 PM
Listening to a bunch of Velvet Underground / Theatre Of Eternal peripheral stuff... lots of Tony Conrad and Charlamagne Palestine... realizing I like Conrad more for his conceptual contributions than solo sound... at least the stuff I was listening was too dry to warrant deep passion... he was great live, and again a lot of his conceptual stuff rules, but the sounds are more historical.  Palestine, I like when he gets a gimmick right, but it all seems very functional and it strives to be fleshed out with his eccentric nonsense.  Luckily Alga Marghen always makes the stuff look good.  But some stuff is just flat and annoying and the phenomena arent there.  Lucier and early Reich they hit serious concept and execution power... these dudes not so much... and Reich is really only good w the early stuff.  Tape loops and a few phasing minimal actions... like a lot of people copy but dont get whats going on, hence lots of waste of time Palestine rambling works.  And I love hyper minimalism.
I'd have to agree about Conrad.  There are a couple recordings I like a lot, though I'm having trouble remembering them by name right now, but it's a lot more miss than hit.  Same with Reich, but with possibly an even lesser success rate.  Something I heard for the first time just recently is related:

Henry Flynt - You Are My Everlovin'/Celestial Power 1986 - I'd be very surprised if Earth hadn't heard these tracks - countrified The Velvet Underground - decent and interesting, but with this listen, it felt really longwinded.

EDIT:  countrified The Velvet Underground minimalism
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

NaturalOrthodoxy

Koufar - My Name is My Name

https://norentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/my-name-is-my-name-nrr62

Best release I've heard from this project, better even than Lebanon for Lebanese. Really varied sounds and kind of rough around the edges which makes it all the more aggressive. Stellar vocal performance with the trademark weird delay effect heard on most Koufar material and lyrics that are obviously incredibly personal and full of anger. To my knowledge it's rare to hear personal lyrics in P.E. that aren't either abstract/philosophical or the performer taking on an extreme character, so this gives the release the feel reminiscent of hardcore or even hip hop, and an almost voyeuristic atmosphere.

Missed out on the tape from No Rent but I hear there are gonna be ltd artist copies coming soon too!

Kim V

Quote from: KMusselman on January 14, 2018, 05:19:38 AM
damn... if this isn't a rock out track!  of course they are from Sheffield, England!  pretty much any English group i am into comes from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUqdN8_Gvk8

love it.
you're just a victim of yourself

gabalgabow

bitewerksMTB

The last few nights I've listened to the first two Teitanblood releases, Negative Plane's debut on Ajna, & the two new records by Grunt plus that Bizarre-SS-Mania thing.

I've also listened to Coil's "Scatology" & "Horse Rotorvator" cd's (the "Steve, Pay Us what you owe us" reissues). Classics, for sure.

tiny_tove

many lasse marhaug's releases in different shapes. and I like all of them

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Baglady

MSBR - Supplement CS (MSBR/Apraxia)
Been listening to this cassette from 1995 quite alot the past week. It belongs to his more calm works, but with little hints (or threats) of his usual harsh temper and grit. Beeps, radio, clanking and some rythmic parts here and there (not beats though). This one is hard to get into in my case, but I can't let go of it.

Speaking of Koji Tano's more odd work, I'm curious about CRUEL SCIENCE IN BABYLON. How is the CSIB split with TELEPHERIQUE from 1997? Anyone here with a fresh memory of it?

bitewerksMTB

Celtic Frost "Morbid Tales" LP & one side of Katharsis "Fourth Reich" MLP

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on January 18, 2018, 08:45:36 PMone side of Katharsis "Fourth Reich" MLP

Nice! Actually had 666 lined up for tonight... Just playing and what can one comment...?

666!!! FUCK YOOOOUUUU!!!