PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXX

Quote from: Deadpriest on January 06, 2018, 11:11:59 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on January 06, 2018, 10:57:44 PM
Good God, you wanted a box set of all racist projects last week, and now you're fed up w/it all... Not a bit schizo, are we?

If it was going to happen, it was going to happen some time. Forgot about my idea. Not schitzo just difficult.

not schitzo just clearly likes spouting off mouth without thinking.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: Kim V on January 06, 2018, 04:03:31 PM
Quote from: Deadpriest on January 06, 2018, 03:58:06 PM
Had it with racist stuff started questioning why I was listening to it couldn't really come up with much. Fak knows, for the time being at least. Bon voyage Brethren.

Never liked his stuff, voice always annoyed me

Me too. To me they almost bordered on hysterical. Some people seemed to like his vocal style, though, if I'm remembering right.
Shikata ga nai.

totalblack

Blitz - Second Empire Justice
Always come back to this one for whatever reason, just perfect blend of classic oi and post punk. Not much else to say

Störkraft ‎– Mann Für Mann
No need to say anything about this one

Scatmother \ Wonderland Club - split CS
Crushing split between what I think are two of the best new voices in PE. Maybe one of the better paired split tapes I've listened to in a long time. Good enough that my wife will comment on how good it is while trying to go to sleep

Ferro Mortem \ Die Kombination - Partie Mobile CS
Nice to listen to something like this coming out on Endangered Species, ferro mortem project shows promise, grew on me more the second time I played the tape through. Die Kombination side is good, but not as good as other recordings i've heard \ live performances seen.

Linekraft - Kikai Dansou CS
Blew me away from the first few minutes of listening to it. Really surprised that it's still possible to buy tapes from this project direct from labels, for my taste it's one of the best running projects.

Discharge - live videos
Nothing to say, nothing better. Nightmare continues

Deadpriest

Quote from: Harvest on January 07, 2018, 01:43:00 AM

What the Christ are you talking about!? I say some of the music I'm listening to and i'm spouting off at the mouth?

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on January 07, 2018, 03:09:47 AM
Me too. To me they almost bordered on hysterical. Some people seemed to like his vocal style, though, if I'm remembering right.

Got to say I do quite like them it makes the expression of the ideas more clear which totally fits the ideals of the music. Dunno...
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

Major Carew

"Störkraft ‎– Mann Für Mann
No need to say anything about this one"

Excellent choice!

Storkraft remind me of Honor in some ways, but Honor had more obviously Polish Chorus parts. Only a Polak could write a chorus as good as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYjCy0royzw

gabalgabow

RADICAL SUCKERS
A fast punk hardcore band with rock'n roll influences.
Quite kicking! Saw them live yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDyesSpJhVA

XXX

Quote from: Deadpriest on January 07, 2018, 11:29:07 AM

What the Christ are you talking about!? I say some of the music I'm listening to and i'm spouting off at the mouth

"All racist projects boxset" ( a terrible idea to begin with) then a few days later "I hate racists!" seems like we love padding that post count more than contributing to a conversation. Want more examples? You post things you've downloaded in the purchase thread. You post what you're listening to this very thread without so much as a small review (which is the point of this thread.)  

Think before you post. Simple really.

Deadpriest

Quote from: Harvest on January 07, 2018, 07:06:10 PM
Quote from: Deadpriest on January 07, 2018, 11:29:07 AM

What the Christ are you talking about!? I say some of the music I'm listening to and i'm spouting off at the mouth

"All racist projects boxset" ( a terrible idea to begin with) then a few days later "I hate racists!" seems like we love padding that post count more than contributing to a conversation. Want more examples? You post things you've downloaded in the purchase thread. You post what you're listening to this very thread without so much as a small review (which is the point of this thread.)  

Think before you post. Simple really.

One last thing then I'll shut up. I had a change of heart (not being racist then not, just deciding that I'm not into hearing about it anymore) I didn't say I hate racists, do what you like.  I participate!!  

443 posts!! YAAS!!!

Deadpriest

Just listened to Black Magic Pond by John Wiese which I really didn't enjoy. I listened to Soft Punk the other day, which I liked even less. Thinking about why, all I could come up with is they're cut ups with no aggression. Used to really like these albums even though I listened to Flesh and Bone by sickness a lot too.

NaturalOrthodoxy

Quote from: Major Carew on January 07, 2018, 12:07:13 PM

Storkraft remind me of Honor in some ways, but Honor had more obviously Polish Chorus parts. Only a Polak could write a chorus as good as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYjCy0royzw

Honor fucking bang, especially the album with Graveland!

Theodore

Quote from: Deadpriest on January 07, 2018, 07:34:05 PM
One last thing then I'll shut up.

You better do ! Enough ! This is not a chatbox to post every bullshit you think of, everyday, all day long. Somewhere i think i remember you wrote you are 15 YO. Not even your age is an excuse. You have problem. I don't care about it, solve it yourself. Shut the fuck up. If you want to post something take an hour break, if then you still want to post it, write it, read it and ask yourself do i really have to post this. I bet even this won't do much difference with you. You have problem. Spare us. Try again in 4-5 years, maybe it's not permanent, i doubt.

Don't answer me.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Deadpriest

All Music At Once (2010)
by Lasse Marhaug:
heavy noisey/fuzzed out black metal guitar churning and droning building up to the inclusion of a clattering, with a passages of droning ambient that at times sounds like an ultra slowed down bell. Fifth track is a heavy slightly fuzzed out drone. final track starts with a low drone then feedback over the churning guitar which goes into the ringing drone calming the guitars as it swells filling the air with an ambient hum then with (what sounds like) a picking of tuneful metal prongs ending with a very organic feel then a huge rumbling ambience and a mess of different metallic sounds as the it deadens
(I'm 31)

FreakAnimalFinland

DAGDA MOR "The Border of the Light" CD
Functional
Recent talk about DM made me to pick up this from shelves. I remembered it to be more "ambient". Or maybe ambient is wrong word, but this was far more aggressive and dark than I remembered. Of course we don't need copycats imitating themes what others felt personally to be inspiring and close to their own visions, but it is somehow odd that there wouldn't be much power electronics / industrial with this type of... lets say cultural / mythic approach.

V/A DEDICATION II CD
Artware
One of my all time favourite compilation CD's. Some say Dedication I LP was so much better, but I disagree. Of course, nothing wrong with first comp, but this is not only full of great noise / industrial, but also oddities add extra spice to it. Cement Women, Alan Lee, Miguel Ruiz, D.D.Dobson etc - would they be amazing separately, in full album format? Possibly, but now among already diverse line-up, they add further levels of innovations in sound.

S*CORE "Crime" CD
Daft Records
This appears to be the last S*Core album that came out before he disappeared. What a great piece of industrial-noise history. It is so beyond my understanding, how come his albums are always so cheap and easily available. Easily best Japanese industrial project of all times, and while you recognize S*Core's style, albums are not to be confused with eachother. Your Candle Has Died or Missing Volume is not the same as Crime. Great sounding, noisy, but not so much pedal oriented sound loops, well built textures of raw sonic industrial waste. Never careless and totally random, but never also cheesy and "musical".

BLOOD AXIS / LJDLP "Absinthia Taetra" CD
Athanor
This is easily my favorite from both. I'd hope B.A. to be this experimental more often, and LJDLP have same complexity and diversity what they have here or couple of the 10"s. During december and january, listened this probably dozen times.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Duncan

Quote from: Deadpriest on January 07, 2018, 07:54:53 PM
Just listened to Black Magic Pond by John Wiese which I really didn't enjoy. I listened to Soft Punk the other day, which I liked even less. Thinking about why, all I could come up with is they're cut ups with no aggression. Used to really like these albums even though I listened to Flesh and Bone by sickness a lot too.

Have you heard Circle Snare? I found that one particularly heavy when I was on a big Wiese binge last year. It's true that his work rarely seems to be about aggression and that isn't something I look for at all with him, but it certainly can be found throughout his back catalogue. I remember that I used to find his records quite hard to listen to for being so frenetic and cut up but it really clicked over the last couple of years as my own preferences veered into this kind of concrete/electro acoustic inspired direction.  The album with Evan Parker is just excellent from this point of view.

Deadpriest

Quote from: Duncan on January 09, 2018, 10:36:18 AM
Quote from: Deadpriest on January 07, 2018, 07:54:53 PM

Have you heard Circle Snare? I found that one particularly heavy when I was on a big Wiese binge last year. It's true that his work rarely seems to be about aggression and that isn't something I look for at all with him, but it certainly can be found throughout his back catalogue. I remember that I used to find his records quite hard to listen to for being so frenetic and cut up but it really clicked over the last couple of years as my own preferences veered into this kind of concrete/electro acoustic inspired direction.  The album with Evan Parker is just excellent from this point of view.

Yeah I realise the guy is a total virtuoso, I think I have heard Circle Snare but I don't remember it... I might have enjoyed it.
GGA is weird it's pretty heavy too, it's junk noise but it's so up beat and bright, I can't help really enjoying it.
The Evan Parker stuff didn't much do it for me but I don't think I listened to it at such a high volume, if you say it's that good I shall revisit it. (I think it's called) Mirror is very good totally brutal harsh noise and fairly recent. His stuff with the dude from Incapacitatants is really cool too. I also have his collab. with Cherry point to listen to which is going to be pretty interesting.